BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum PDR for rear driver side door?

04-07-2024, 01:30 PM   #1
bimmertt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

PDR for rear driver side door?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Looked at a CPO x7 yesterday that has almost every option I want. It has some imperfections that the dealer was willing to help out with. One thing they weren’t willing to hell with was a dent on the driver side rear door. I thought this was a bit odd because I’m sure many dealers work with PDR shops and the work is relatively cheap. The dent isn’t on the crease so that’s not the issue.

Has anyone gotten PDR done on this door? Wondering if it’s possibly an access issue. Just seemed like an easy thing they could do to make the sale.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 04:39 PM   #2
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertt View Post
Looked at a CPO x7 yesterday that has almost every option I want. It has some imperfections that the dealer was willing to help out with. One thing they weren’t willing to hell with was a dent on the driver side rear door. I thought this was a bit odd because I’m sure many dealers work with PDR shops and the work is relatively cheap. The dent isn’t on the crease so that’s not the issue.

Has anyone gotten PDR done on this door? Wondering if it’s possibly an access issue. Just seemed like an easy thing they could do to make the sale.
door skins are aluminum IIRC, they probably dont want to risk making it worse and getting them on the hook for a new door skin
Past: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:29 AM   #3
overcooked
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 540i, 2024 X7 M60i

The door is likely made of high strength steel and it could be very hard to fix correctly using PDR. I had the same thing happened to my xc90 before and I had to replace the door.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:10 AM   #4
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by overcooked View Post
The door is likely made of high strength steel and it could be very hard to fix correctly using PDR. I had the same thing happened to my xc90 before and I had to replace the door.
The interior frame of the door is high strength steel. the door skin is aluminum . Thats the issue with pdr, aluminum can stretch when being manupulated, so a dent will become a bulge. For more extensive door damage, its usually reskinned vs repaired(pulling the dent and refinishing)
Appreciate 0