BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum DWS06+ on 22" Wheels (40i)

04-09-2024, 04:55 PM   #1
Madsen203
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y

DWS06+ on 22" Wheels (40i)

Just ordered a set. Installed less than $1,700 OTD as America’s Tire matched SimpleTire.com. Schedule for Friday.

Currently have stock conti’s with 23k miles on them. The rear are nearly racing slicks in the center, the front could go another 1K before the wear bars are flush. I’ll probably drop the PSI 1-2 from stock suggestion on the new set.

How do you all like these tires? Looking forward to a slightly softer and quieter ride. I’m sure balding RFT’s don’t help with those favored characteristics.

I have the DWS06+ on the Model Y (19”) and they perform really well in all conditions. It’s no UHP summer tire but it can hold its own and are very predictable for an A/S. There weren’t many options available on the A/S tire type, let alone UHP’s so I figured these were a safe bet. The Tesla doesn’t have RFT or spare tire either and so far I’ve been OK with the type of driving and areas I’m in.

Keep y’all posted. So far, loving the new-to-me car. Driving gently around the Bay Area, I’m only netting 19-22mpg with 50/50 city/highway but it’s fairly hilly and I run the A/C all the time. I love how many miles I can get on a tank of fuel as my prior car would have the light on at 200 miles and the Tesla was only good for 120-140 between typical charges.

Cheers!
Appreciate 1
keg97166.50
      04-09-2024, 05:48 PM   #2
Sat Pat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2025 X7 40i

I’m picking up my X7 tomorrow so can’t comment on them on an X7, but have had them and their predecessors (DWS06) on my last 3 Audis, since 2012. As you said, they are not a summer tire, but for all seasons, they’re pretty damn good. They are my default go-to all seasons and I recommend them to everyone.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 07:17 PM   #3
keg97
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 & X7

I'll likely need to switch out tires on my wife's end of this year or early next year and I'll look hard at these.

I've had Michellin Pilot Sport AS's on our Audi and I've LOVED them. All around a fantastic tire and I've never felt them give out on me. I'll likely get right near 45K on them over the 14 months I've had them on. I'm due for state inspection in June and I know I won't pass right now.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 07:11 PM   #4
Madsen203
Private First Class
Rep

Well I can say that I’m pretty disappointed in these tires. The ride is smoother being it isn’t a RFT but they are much noisier than I expected. The ones on the Tesla had a little more noise but these compared to the stock Conti Summer tires are a huge increase in highway road noise.

It sucks that 22” only have Summer tire options for the rear 315/35’s. I almost consider trying to take these back and go to summer and just avoid cold or sub freezing driving in this car which defeats a use case I bought this for.

Anyway, great tire for an all season but sucks for noise. Also definitely not as grippy and precise as the summers that were on there but still have enough grip.

If the Michelin Pilot Sport EV’s were available, I’d request those tires to be put on.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 08:16 PM   #5
Young04
Captain
Rep
Drives: iX, i4 and 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madsen203 View Post
Well I can say that I’m pretty disappointed in these tires. The ride is smoother being it isn’t a RFT but they are much noisier than I expected. The ones on the Tesla had a little more noise but these compared to the stock Conti Summer tires are a huge increase in highway road noise.

It sucks that 22” only have Summer tire options for the rear 315/35’s. I almost consider trying to take these back and go to summer and just avoid cold or sub freezing driving in this car which defeats a use case I bought this for.

Anyway, great tire for an all season but sucks for noise. Also definitely not as grippy and precise as the summers that were on there but still have enough grip.

If the Michelin Pilot Sport EV’s were available, I’d request those tires to be put on.
I'd give it a few hundred miles. I put these on my iX M60 (replaced the OEM Pirelli EV tires). They were loud at first with noticeable resonance at certain speeds but all that went away after a bit. Now they are quieter than the OEM EV tires ever were.
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2024, 08:19 PM   #6
Madsen203
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young04 View Post
I'd give it a few hundred miles. I put these on my iX M60 (replaced the OEM Pirelli EV tires). They were loud at first with noticeable resonance at certain speeds but all that went away after a bit. Now they are quieter than the OEM EV tires ever were.
Thanks. I’ll do that. Being it’s the only AS available, I’ll probably just live with it and consider summer on the next set.

Appreciate your input.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 08:21 PM   #7
Young04
Captain
Rep
Drives: iX, i4 and 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madsen203 View Post

Also make sure the tire pressures are correct and that they are oriented correctly. On my wife's car the tire shop had 2 tires installed the wrong way (such that they were turning in the wrong direction) and it was loud.
Appreciate 1
keg97166.50
      04-10-2024, 08:22 PM   #8
Madsen203
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young04 View Post
Also make sure the tire pressures are correct and that they are oriented correctly. On my wife's car the tire shop had 2 tires installed the wrong way (such that they were turning in the wrong direction) and it was loud.
What pressure are you running? I am currently at 36/41
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 07:25 AM   #9
DishoomX2
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, BMW X7 M50i, 911

I've had the DWS06+ on my M50i since last August, and have driven at least 2k miles on them, including a couple of 4hr+ road trips. No regrets whatsoever. To me, they ride and handle much better than the original run-flats. I've had thousands of miles experience with DWS06+ on 3 other cars, and currently on my Audi A6. I think it will continue to be my go-to tire.
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2024, 08:48 AM   #10
Madsen203
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DishoomX2 View Post
I've had the DWS06+ on my M50i since last August, and have driven at least 2k miles on them, including a couple of 4hr+ road trips. No regrets whatsoever. To me, they ride and handle much better than the original run-flats. I've had thousands of miles experience with DWS06+ on 3 other cars, and currently on my Audi A6. I think it will continue to be my go-to tire.
Don’t get me wrong, I really like the ride quality and characteristics. Is the road noise and booming sounds that make it less appealing. I’ll drive on them for another day to see if it improves or I adjust. Below 45mph, they are perfection.
Appreciate 0