BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Rubber Mats vs Rubber Liners

01-13-2021, 07:48 AM   #1
jasheaer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 X7 M50i

Rubber Mats vs Rubber Liners

Taking delivery of my X7m50i at the end of the month and my advisor sent me .pdfs of the OEM all weather floor mats. One is labeled "Floor Mats" and the other is labeled "Floor Liners". I tried searching and can't figure out the difference??? Also the pictures are worthless as the stock photos appear to be the same but the part numbers are different?

I've had OEM all weathers in both my X5s, but I don't recall 2 different options?

I'm settled on the canvas back for the cargo area per some searching I did here, but what is everyones opinions on the mats vs liners for the 1/2/3 rows (with captains seats)?

Thanks!
Jay
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 09:29 AM   #2
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasheaer View Post
Taking delivery of my X7m50i at the end of the month and my advisor sent me .pdfs of the OEM all weather floor mats. One is labeled "Floor Mats" and the other is labeled "Floor Liners". I tried searching and can't figure out the difference??? Also the pictures are worthless as the stock photos appear to be the same but the part numbers are different?

I've had OEM all weathers in both my X5s, but I don't recall 2 different options?

I'm settled on the canvas back for the cargo area per some searching I did here, but what is everyones opinions on the mats vs liners for the 1/2/3 rows (with captains seats)?

Thanks!
Jay

The terminology changes from dealer to dealer, some call them mats, some call them liners, some call them rubber, some call them all-weather. The thing to know is that there are 3 different OEM mats for the X7:

Floor Mats (carpeted)
All-Weather Floor Mats (rubber)
All-Weather Floor Liners (rubber)

The Mats are carpeted and came with your car. The All-Weather Floor Mats are rubber and have a 1/2 inch lip all around to capture water. The All-Weather Floor Liners are rubber and have a 1-2" lip to capture water.

Unless you live in Alaska, you want the All-Weather Floor Mats. The deep-dish design of the Liners is overkill IMO.

I have the Captain's and the 2nd Row is a must-have for us as we mostly roll as a family of 4 and the space behind the front row seats is cavernous. We have the rubber mats for the 3rd Row but frankly they aren't needed, there's not a lot of carpet to protect back there. But they look nice and make the car congruent so we leave them there.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2021, 01:23 PM   #3
jasheaer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post

The terminology changes from dealer to dealer, some call them mats, some call them liners, some call them rubber, some call them all-weather. The thing to know is that there are 3 different OEM mats for the X7:

Floor Mats (carpeted)
All-Weather Floor Mats (rubber)
All-Weather Floor Liners (rubber)

The Mats are carpeted and came with your car. The All-Weather Floor Mats are rubber and have a 1/2 inch lip all around to capture water. The All-Weather Floor Liners are rubber and have a 1-2" lip to capture water.

Unless you live in Alaska, you want the All-Weather Floor Mats. The deep-dish design of the Liners is overkill IMO.

I have the Captain's and the 2nd Row is a must-have for us as we mostly roll as a family of 4 and the space behind the front row seats is cavernous. We have the rubber mats for the 3rd Row but frankly they aren't needed, there's not a lot of carpet to protect back there. But they look nice and make the car congruent so we leave them there.
Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks so much for the quick and detailed response!!!!

Jay
Appreciate 1
toddwalton1333.00
      01-13-2021, 01:58 PM   #4
JVZanetti
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX

Garage List
2024 BMW iX  [0.00]
2021 BMW X7M50  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Do we have full cargo all weather mat available yet? That was unavailable back in November when I took delivery so got front pieces only without the trunk mat...
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 02:30 PM   #5
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

I've got the liners in my M50i and love them. They're very durable and have enough of a lip to keep crap contained from my three kids. Easy to clean as well.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2021, 04:09 PM   #6
jasheaer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVZanetti View Post
Do we have full cargo all weather mat available yet? That was unavailable back in November when I took delivery so got front pieces only without the trunk mat...
Looks like just the mat that fits when the 3rd row is up, if you have the 3rd row down there there doesn't appear to be an option outside of weather tech and canvasback.

Jay
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 10:21 PM   #7
Saejin
Captain
Rep
Drives: None

You’ll appreciate the liners when your Venti Soy Mocha no whip 3 pumps of caramel 1 pump vanilla goes tumbling to the floor.

I’ve got the liners and they are great. Don’t really notice the lip and I’m not so concerned getting in when my boots are covered in snow anymore.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 09:03 PM   #8
SeanX7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 xDrive 50i

Go with the liners. Much better for snow, salt, rocks, dirt, etc. Just lift and dump.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 09:30 PM   #9
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saejin View Post
You’ll appreciate the liners when your Venti Soy Mocha no whip 3 pumps of caramel 1 pump vanilla goes tumbling to the floor.

I’ve got the liners and they are great. Don’t really notice the lip and I’m not so concerned getting in when my boots are covered in snow anymore.
Yup. I pulled out quickly from a restaurant this evening with some frozen drinks on the front divider. One wiggled it's way out and splatted on the rear mat, but it captured most of the mess—quick clean up.
Appreciate 0