BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum How long for production of special order?

09-24-2019, 01:25 PM   #45
p.o.t.u.s
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brukes View Post
You are correct, my mistake.
No worries. I'm just at a loss about if I should request anything from BMW for this delay.

I don't think my dealer is playing games insofar as I did see proof of the allocation, but the opaqueness of the process is really surprising.

I surely cannot be the only one with this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midfield View Post
Thanks for all the insight. I am in the same boat. Sales texted me the screenshot, but can't tell if it's delayed to week 43 from 37 or not. Anybody knows what that means? Thanks in advance.
@midfield, what is the dealership telling you about the reason for the delay?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 02:14 PM   #46
Brukes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328ix / 2020 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.o.t.u.s View Post
No worries. I'm just at a loss about if I should request anything from BMW for this delay.
It's not BMW, the dealer is a franchise and not directly owned by BMW (unless your dealing with a BMW owned dealership which there are only a handful). You can complain to BMW, but they really don't have any control over how the dealer chooses to operate (as long as it is within their franchise guidelines), so doubtful anything happens.

Your only option is to resolve with the dealer or take your business elsewhere.

You could threaten to take back your deposit and cancel your order due to the delays unless they agree to additional dealer discounts. That's what I would do and at the same time get quotes from other dealers to see how things are currently being priced.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 02:25 PM   #47
p.o.t.u.s
Private
Rep

Quote:
It's not BMW, the dealer is a franchise and not directly owned by BMW (unless your dealing with a BMW owned dealership which there are only a handful).
OK, all true, but if my dealer had a week 37 build on allocation, and my X7 was scheduled for production for that slot, how is it my dealer's, and not BMW's, fault that production is delayed?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 02:31 PM   #48
Brukes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OK, all true, but if my dealer had a week 37 build on allocation, and my X7 was scheduled for production for that slot, how is it my dealer's, and not BMW's, fault that production is delayed?
Fair, I should clarify that this sounds like the dealers issue and not BMW. I don't think the dealer is giving you a straight answer on what is your current build week / status.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 02:46 PM   #49
p.o.t.u.s
Private
Rep

Quote:
Fair, I should clarify that this sounds like the dealers issue and not BMW. I don't think the dealer is giving you a straight answer on what is your current build week / status.
This was from my dealer, way back on 8/23 showing production to go week 37. Order was placed 8/21.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 03:11 PM   #50
Brukes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This was from my dealer, way back on 8/23 showing production to go week 37. Order was placed 8/21.
I get it, but, going back to my experience, I literally ordered a 40i on 8/24 and production completed by 9/10, so clearly they (meaning the dealer) bumped you. For reference, mine was scheduled for completion the 36th week and got bumped one week to the 37th week.

BMW didn't delay production for everyone, so I would think it is a dealer issue. Even if it is a BMW issue, your dealer has not managed it well.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 05:11 PM   #51
Tex_X7
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M50i (Jon Snow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_X7 View Post
Looks like I'm in the same timing boat as most of you.

9/3 - ordered (well, existing order was altered with my specs)
9/4 - Scheduled for production
9/5 - Production begins...

Today (9/20) - Still "Today's the day". Wish this thing updated properly.
My timeline update:
Today (9/24) - This morning still said Production begins, but just now it's passed Exterior body assembly begins, In the paint booth, and is at Entering assembly line.

My dealer said the completion date in his system shows 9/25...We'll see tomorrow what it shows.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 06:32 PM   #52
p.o.t.u.s
Private
Rep

Quote:
I get it, but, going back to
my experience, I literally ordered a 40i on 8/24 and production completed by 9/10, so clearly they (meaning the dealer) bumped you. For reference, mine was scheduled for completion the 36th week and got bumped one week to the 37th week.

BMW didn't delay production for everyone, so I would think it is a dealer issue. Even if it is a BMW issue, your dealer has not managed it well.

How would I know the dealership bumped me? I can see how games could be played before there is an assigned production number, but got a production number in August.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 07:38 AM   #53
Tex_X7
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M50i (Jon Snow)

Quote:
My timeline update:
Today (9/24) - This morning still said Production begins, but just now it's passed Exterior body assembly begins, In the paint booth, and is at Entering assembly line.

My dealer said the completion date in his system shows 9/25...We'll see tomorrow what it shows.
Sure enough, this morning 9/25 at 7:30am it's gone through the assembly line and is in quality check.

I was thinking this system just wasn't updating properly, but I think it may be. Unfortunately that means my X7 may have gone though the line on the midnight shift...hope the wheels don't fall off when I get it, haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 10:24 AM   #54
boss460
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Gran Coupe

Quote:
I was thinking this system just wasn't updating properly, but I think it may be. Unfortunately that means my X7 may have gone though the line on the midnight shift...hope the wheels don't fall off when I get it, haha.
I don't know how it's updated but I called the GENIUS number and they told me mine is scheduled for week 40 which is next week. But it still just shows order received.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 04:45 PM   #55
p.o.t.u.s
Private
Rep

Update:

I spoke with another dealer. I'm told there are delays for builds with the 4M5 leather dash, ZMP package and 407 panoramic sky lounge.

My build has the leather dash...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 05:08 PM   #56
Jefflikescars
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i, Navigator, Mod Y Perf

Quote:
Update:

I spoke with another dealer. I'm told there are delays for builds with the 4M5 leather dash, ZMP package and 407 panoramic sky lounge.

Mine has the leather dash as well, and the pano sky lounge...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 05:22 PM   #57
Jefflikescars
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefflikescars View Post
Mine has the leather dash as well, and the pano sky lounge...
@p.o.t.u.s. I wonder if it has to do with a certain leather color? I ordered Tartufo.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 06:05 PM   #58
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

My build has 4M5 leather dash, ZMP package and 407 panoramic sky lounge. I’ve been in quality check for a little over a week. I called BMWUSA yesterday and was told they are short staffed 🙄
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 06:19 PM   #59
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Update:

Dash must be an issue as I originally ordered 2019 50i and got delayed as they rubbed out of dash components, then I was offered to switch to 2020 M50i and I have to say this is rare instance where I am happy that things got delayed as I definitely like the M50i better over the 50i
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      09-29-2019, 05:39 PM   #60
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

Quote:
Quote:
How "complex" was your build? Did you option the DHP/individual leather etc.? I ask because I was scheduled for week 37 production, but have gotten pushed to week 39 with no confirmed production date yet.

I was told the reason for the delay was because of the complexity of my build--which seemed a bit far-fetched as an excuse.

My order was back on 8/19.
Doesn't seem to make sense based on my build. I got the M50i, with every option except Bowers & Wilkins (regretting that) and Night Vision.

Dealer told me originally I would be 3rd week of October production, and probably receive in November. While production started sooner, it sounds like I still won't get it til late October or early November.
Bowers is amazing- but unless we stream sonically to match a CD- Apple Music, Spotify ect isn't matching the tunes with the capability of even the HK- unless I'm wrong here?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 11:02 PM   #61
Jefflikescars
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK479 View Post
Bowers is amazing- but unless we stream sonically to match a CD- Apple Music, Spotify ect isn't matching the tunes with the capability of even the HK- unless I'm wrong here?
I actually called to add the Bowers & Wilkins option but they said my build had somehow skipped the the line and already been started. They gave me the option to start another build and they would just sell the other one, but I didn’t want to risk losing my good fortune and having to wait longer.

Wondering if I’ll regret that! Is it bad that I mostly want it for how good it looks, especially the lights in the speakers?
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      09-29-2019, 11:31 PM   #62
Bogey4me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F85, G30

Quote:
Quote:
I actually called to add the Bowers & Wilkins option but they said my build had somehow skipped the the line and already been started. They gave me the option to start another build and they would just sell the other one, but I didn't want to risk losing my good fortune and having to wait longer.

Wondering if I'll regret that! Is it bad that I mostly want it for how good it looks, especially the lights in the speakers?
The Bowers is amazing and the lights are cool. I wanted the silver speakers and lights as well. If you can wait and it's only a few weeks I would wait and get what you want. I had the HK in my X5. Huge difference in sound quality whether you are using Spotify or a cd.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 05:28 AM   #63
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

I had a loaner with Bowers and the radio sounded amazing!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 06:53 AM   #64
Mjones827
Rep
Drives: MB GLS

The Speakers are absolutely stunning! I got them for them lights and am so glad I did. The quality is unmatchable!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      09-30-2019, 05:49 PM   #65
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

Quote:
Quote:
I actually called to add the Bowers & Wilkins option but they said my build had somehow skipped the the line and already been started. They gave me the option to start another build and they would just sell the other one, but I didn’t want to risk losing my good fortune and having to wait longer.

Wondering if I’ll regret that! Is it bad that I mostly want it for how good it looks, especially the lights in the speakers?
Perfectly normal to feel you missed out. If it makes you feel better- there is less dash reflection with HK. Being a bit of a sound snob- I can tell you that unless you really get into your music with FLAC or a really big stream- chances are you won't hear the difference. Don't lose any sleep- I think it will be perfect
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 07:36 PM   #66
boss460
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Gran Coupe

Update on mine. Order 2 weeks ago and still shows online just order received. Last week the dealer said chassis had been started and should have a VIN today. Genius hotline also told me last week that production is scheduled for this week. Today dealer said leather being installed but when I called genius they said requested production was this week but it shows production is actually week 44 which is another 4 weeks. I am getting so many different stories here.
Appreciate 0