12-04-2020, 02:54 PM   #23
LowerEast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
DHP completely changes the ride and handling of a large SUV to the point it magically hides its size in the corners, twisty roads, etc..and feels like more of a sport sedan. It is so epic that most all the pro reviews bring this feature up as a
“magic trick” of technology or other superlatives in feeling it’s center of gravity is significantly lower than it is.
The X7 is also the only SUV with the ability to have air suspension and DHP which is a very, very big deal in the world of luxury/performance SUV’s. From a every day leisurely driving activity, what the DHP does is take away that floaty air suspension feel that makes SUV’s feel top heavy as 99% of full size luxury SUV’s do.
I was initially on the fence about ordering the DHP. I wound up getting it because of reviews like this, and also what's another $4K when you're spending $100K on the car anyway.

Having unfortunately driven a few too many X7 loaners without DHP over the last few months, there's no doubt in my mind it absolutely transforms the handling of the car. At the end of the day, it's still a massive SUV, but with DHP, it handles better than it has any right too. While the DHP can't change physics and make it handle like a sports sedan or a sports car, it does enough to make the X7 a fun car to drive.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 07:08 PM   #24
TXSchnee
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
DHP completely changes the ride and handling of a large SUV to the point it magically hides its size in the corners, twisty roads, etc..and feels like more of a sport sedan. It is so epic that most all the pro reviews bring this feature up as a
"magic trick" of technology or other superlatives in feeling it's center of gravity is significantly lower than it is.
The X7 is also the only SUV with the ability to have air suspension and DHP which is a very, very big deal in the world of luxury/performance SUV's. From a every day leisurely driving activity, what the DHP does is take away that floaty air suspension feel that makes SUV's feel top heavy as 99% of full size luxury SUV's do.
I have Air and PDCC (didn't option rear wheel steer) on my Cayenne, so other makes do offer something similar. Of course the Cayenne is a size class down. Maybe that is new to the 9Y0 Cayennes.
2015 BMW X5 xDrive35i (sold)
2015 BMW X3 xDrive28i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 08:18 AM   #25
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

My advice, stop worrying about what's coming in the future. Something is always coming and out dating your current vehicle. Buy the best you can with the features you want and know that you love it. While others have been waiting and thinking I've enjoyed my M50i for 5 months. Don't really care what the LCI or future model brings...to leave this currently it would have to be twice the goodies at half the price : until then I just enjoy day by day
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      12-06-2020, 09:55 AM   #26
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

I am going to repost this as a history lesson of these vehicles.

To keep this in a proper time line, the G05 came out first with its very earliest models starting to hit the dealerships in late October 2018 for the 2019 model year. We had parts shortages and a host of manufacturing teething pains because it was a completely new platform for most of 2019.
We are only at Dec 2020. We 2019 G05 owners were beta testers for most of the entire 2019 year with many features not worked out with firmware updates every other month. It really wasn’t until mid 2020 year with the updated iDrive 7 hardware version 2.0 did we get features working as promised. (anther BMW screw over to the first 2019 year owners)

This vehicle is just now coming into its full working order potential. In fact 2020 model year is by far the most opulent and fully optioned and complete models you can buy at this point. Now supposedly Covid has reduced 2021 models of even basic features and options from 2020. The G05/G07 feels like it took a step back to its initial 2019 manufacturing teething issues.

Currently at this point in time there has only been one full model year (2020) that produced a G05/G07 in all its options and full luxury potential.

You would be crazy to even consider a LCI model until BMW restores all the basic options and higher end upgraded options it had for the 2020 model.

Forget LCI as BMW takes at least a year to get a completely new model platform in any working form and at this point in time even a cosmetic change seems challenging for BMW to pull off as they can’t build the current model with the proper parts.
Holding off to buy a LCI so you can become another beta tester is hardly a desirable position to be in even in the best of manufacturing times. Forget the “newer is always better” or “always looking for the next new model” marketing crap to sell you a car and keep you making car payments.

Buy the luxury vehicle that does what you need it to do and makes you smile and stick with it as long as it continues to fulfill your needs and makes you smile. I buy my cars outright and have followed this philosophy for 30 years. (It’s also the reason I can afford to buy my cars outright and don’t have payments.)

Last edited by MystroX5; 12-06-2020 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 0