BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2022 LCI vs 2021

11-30-2020, 06:22 PM   #1
Stunz G.
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

Garage List
2022 LCI vs 2021

Im very bothered. I've had 3 leased Grand Cherokee since 2012. The last was a fully loaded that im now at 47 of 48 months. Im so excited because I have a custom build mineral white X7 40i loaded, minus cold weather and DHP coming at the end of the year. Now I keep seeing all this talk about the LCI 2022 X7... I know it may not look better than the current, but like most BMWs it will grow on you and sell. now I feel like I'm going to be a generation behind. Being locked away in my current lease for 4 years. I definitely don't want to already have an outdated 90k product. Somebody calm my mind? In a couple months, it won't be good feeling to pull up to a stop light with a shiny 2021, and somebody have 2022 LCI X7 next to you.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 06:34 PM   #2
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

What do you want to hear? No one knows when the LCI will really be out and at that point you might want to worry about the next complete model update so where does it stop?? I would be more concerned with getting the vehicle you want with all the options you require than what year it is. The beauty of ownership is the actual vehicle and not the production date it was built.
The X7 came out in 2019, it’s currently Nov 2020. It’s a all new vehicle model and segment platform so it’s not like your going to see 20 years of older X7’s running around by its 3rd owner. Your leasing so your only “renting” your model anyway and not going to actually own it with any real long term relationship to be concerned about. Relax and enjoy where you are at and not where you are not. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

Last edited by MystroX5; 11-30-2020 at 07:07 PM..
Appreciate 3
      11-30-2020, 07:17 PM   #3
Stunz G.
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
What do you want to hear? No one knows when the LCI will really be out and at that point you might want to worry about the next complete model update so where does it stop?? I would be more concerned with getting the vehicle you want with all the options you require than what year it is. The beauty of ownership is the actual vehicle and not the production date it was built.
The X7 came out in 2019, it's currently Nov 2020. It's a all new vehicle model and segment platform so it's not like your going to see 20 years of older X7's running around by its 3rd owner. Your leasing so your only "renting" your model anyway and not going to actually own it with any real long term relationship to be concerned about. Relax and enjoy where you are at and not where you are not. Tomorrow is promised to no one.
Good Stuff... I feel better now. lol... I've been all through this forum, and almost all youtube videos. I feel like I'm a kid waiting for a brand new toy.
Appreciate 1
MystroX56289.50
      11-30-2020, 07:21 PM   #4
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunz G. View Post
Good Stuff... I feel better now. lol... I've been all through this forum, and almost all youtube videos. I feel like I'm a kid waiting for a brand new toy.
Coming from a Jeep, you are info the ride of your life with the X7. All fears will melt away once you sit behind the X7’s wheel.
Appreciate 3
      11-30-2020, 07:54 PM   #5
DSTJ99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 X7 40i - Tanzanite/Coffee

I wouldn't hold out for an LCI change- maybe for a new model generation but X7 is so new LCI probably will be minor.

I currently have a 2018 loaded overland GC and a nicely optioned 2020 X7 and they are in different leagues. GC is nice and a great car but X7 is so much more luxurious and built better. Engine is so smooth. I do wish the X7 had cooled seats like my GC does. The ventilated ones aren't effective at all. 2nd row is much much bigger. I would put the radar cruise control at about the same level but the X7 has lane centering which is nice improvement. Both have air suspensions but X7 driving dynamic changes much more between driving modes and height while GC just raises and lowers for height.

Get it and don't look back!
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2020, 08:14 PM   #6
Stunz G.
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTJ99 View Post
I wouldn't hold out for an LCI change- maybe for a new model generation but X7 is so new LCI probably will be minor.

I currently have a 2018 loaded overland GC and a nicely optioned 2020 X7 and they are in different leagues. GC is nice and a great car but X7 is so much more luxurious and built better. Engine is so smooth. I do wish the X7 had cooled seats like my GC does. The ventilated ones aren't effective at all. 2nd row is much much bigger. I would put the radar cruise control at about the same level but the X7 has lane centering which is nice improvement. Both have air suspensions but X7 driving dynamic changes much more between driving modes and height while GC just raises and lowers for height.

I have a summit, and I loved it. but the seats aren't that comfortable and ride quality is ok in NY (concrete jungle), definitely looking for comfort now. Definitely like the X7 2nd row. I won't use that row much but atleast I won't have to move my front seats up when I do. im 6'3, and I do feel like the GC has much more front legroom. So weird that the x7 being so large feels like the front legroom is much less especially on the front passenger side where I can't stretch out like in the GC. Im hoping the multi contour seats will give me more comfortability. but legroom has always been an issue for me in alot of SUVs, thats why I loved the GC.

I was cross shopping between an escalade and the X7. I really loved the escalade because of past road trips. So so comfy, then I rented a based x7 over the summer and that became an option.

Its just my lady and I, so she over ruled the escalade. However she has a 2019 330, that I love driving and loooooads of front legroom.

Now I'm Patiently waiting to drive the x7 with all the options I selected.

m sport mineral white
executive pkg
coffee extended merino
leather dash
IAS
Luxury Seats
shadowline exterior

**Can't believe i forgot to add the spare tire to the build** Lol...
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 08:49 PM   #7
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

Hey, we had a fully loaded out Summit Hemi with full signature leather years back. As nice as a Jeep can get. The air suspension was very basic compared to what the X7 can do.
Your X7 in every way is in a different zip code of luxury SUV.

Last edited by MystroX5; 11-30-2020 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 09:06 PM   #8
Stunz G.
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Hey, we had a fully loaded out Summit Hemi with full signature leather years back. As nice as a Jeep can get. The air suspension was very basic compared to what the X7 can do.
Your X7 in every way is in a different zip code of luxury SUV.

[img] https://www.dropbox.com/s/nayknhw1y2...0net.jpg?raw=1[/img]
Wow, thats the same GC that I have now. if the X7 can beat that, I'm in for a treat. The one thing the GC has is Wood/Leather steering wheel.

So the X7 air suspension really adds to the comfort and not just up and down or load leveling?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 09:12 PM   #9
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Wow, thats the same GC that I have now. if the X7 can beat that, I'm in for a treat. The one thing the GC has is Wood/Leather steering wheel.

So the X7 base air suspension really adds to the comfort and not just up and down or load leveling?
Oh yea. The base suspension in the X7 is light years better than the GC. The GC is like rubbing two sticks together in comparison. The GC air suspension is the same as what is in the Ram. Effective for a truck but not in luxury car league. A Summit GC and X3 are closer to compare in size and function but even then you are comparing a German luxury brand to a Jeep and some amenities Jeep just won’t offer. Apples vs Oranges.

Last edited by MystroX5; 11-30-2020 at 09:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 11:09 PM   #10
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

I've been wondering about the LCI as well. Officially, in this "Future Model" thread, the G07 X7 LCI is scheduled for MY2023, start of production August 2022.
https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=901686

However, since we've been seeing multiple LCI spyshots, I do have to wonder if LCI will be moved up by a year, MY2022 starting August 2021. That would make for three model years (2019 - 2021) before LCI.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 09:01 AM   #11
Stunz G.
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
I've been wondering about the LCI as well. Officially, in this "Future Model" thread, the G07 X7 LCI is scheduled for MY2023, start of production August 2022.
https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=901686

However, since we've been seeing multiple LCI spyshots, I do have to wonder if LCI will be moved up by a year, MY2022 starting August 2021. That would make for three model years (2019 - 2021) before LCI.
Hopefully nothing to drastic... stacked lights is a drastic bold move.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 04:37 PM   #12
DSTJ99
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I have a summit, and I loved it. but the seats aren't that comfortable and ride quality is ok in NY (concrete jungle), definitely looking for comfort now. Definitely like the X7 2nd row. I won't use that row much but atleast I won't have to move my front seats up when I do. im 6'3, and I do feel like the GC has much more front legroom. So weird that the x7 being so large feels like the front legroom is much less especially on the front passenger side where I can't stretch out like in the GC. Im hoping the multi contour seats will give me more comfortability. but legroom has always been an issue for me in alot of SUVs, thats why I loved the GC.

I was cross shopping between an escalade and the X7. I really loved the escalade because of past road trips. So so comfy, then I rented a based x7 over the summer and that became an option.

Its just my lady and I, so she over ruled the escalade. However she has a 2019 330, that I love driving and loooooads of front legroom.

m sport mineral white
executive pkg
coffee extended merino
leather dash
IAS
Luxury Seats
shadowline exterior

Quote:

m sport mineral white
executive pkg
coffee extended merino
leather dash
IAS
Luxury Seats
shadowline exterior

We have similar build but with tanzanite blue and extended coffee. The coffee interior w/ cross stitched multi-contour seats is stunning. My wife's Yukon xl we traded in was white so went with blue this time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 06:21 PM   #13
Stunz G.
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

m sport mineral white
executive pkg
coffee extended merino
leather dash
IAS
Luxury Seats
shadowline exterior

Quote:

m sport mineral white
executive pkg
coffee extended merino
leather dash
IAS
Luxury Seats
shadowline exterior

We have similar build but with tanzanite blue and extended coffee. The coffee interior w/ cross stitched multi-contour seats is stunning. My wife's Yukon xl we traded in was white so went with blue this time.
Super nice build... what interior trim is that? I ordered the fineline black wood.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 09:09 PM   #14
DSTJ99
Second Lieutenant
Rep

It's the fine line brown gloss. The fine line black would look good too. There is a lot of black in the cabin.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2020, 07:01 AM   #15
Olekiller
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 bmw 750 li , 2019 bmw x7 4o

Don't want to add to your anxiety but if only you added that dhp.
Appreciate 1
MomoM3984.00
      12-02-2020, 10:15 AM   #16
Stunz G.
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olekiller View Post
Don't want to add to your anxiety but if only you added that dhp.
I did so much research and it seems like IAS is must, but DHP had mix reviews. where many didn't really feel a difference, or if it worked without setting a destination.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 10:26 AM   #17
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

DHP completely changes the ride and handling of a large SUV to the point it magically hides its size in the corners, twisty roads, etc..and feels like more of a sport sedan. It is so epic that most all the pro reviews bring this feature up as a
“magic trick” of technology or other superlatives in feeling it’s center of gravity is significantly lower than it is.
The X7 is also the only SUV with the ability to have air suspension and DHP which is a very, very big deal in the world of luxury/performance SUV’s. From a every day leisurely driving activity, what the DHP does is take away that floaty air suspension feel that makes SUV’s feel top heavy as 99% of full size luxury SUV’s do.

Last edited by MystroX5; 12-02-2020 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 04:50 PM   #18
Olekiller
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 bmw 750 li , 2019 bmw x7 4o

Quote:
I did so much research and it seems like IAS is must, but DHP had mix reviews. where many didn't really feel a difference, or if it worked without setting a destination.
I cant speak for road preview. Because I am yet to feel a difference coming from and x7 without it. But the active roll stabilization that you get with the dhp and rear wheel steering is worth it's weight in goal.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 08:41 PM   #19
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Have both but if push came to shove I would have optioned DHP over B&W sound.

Coded the X7 to start up in Adaptive and my wife has no clue why she loves the drive so much.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 11:47 PM   #20
like2short
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post

Coded the X7 to start up in Adaptive and my wife has no clue why she loves the drive so much.
LCI is likely to have the next generation mobileye processor I.e the eyeq5 which should have more autonomous functionality.

BMW will move from zf as tier 1 to aptiv if the x7 gets it
Appreciate 1
MomoM3984.00
      12-02-2020, 11:52 PM   #21
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post

I find driving in adaptive is the best quality ride...I have DHP too and wonder if it's in this mode that the cameras monitor the road conditions and make it a better ride. No one seems to know the answer with that.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 01:12 PM   #22
bradythedog12
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i, 2014 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
I find driving in adaptive is the best quality ride...I have DHP too and wonder if it's in this mode that the cameras monitor the road conditions and make it a better ride. No one seems to know the answer with that.
Auricom posted this in a current topic... excellent read!!

https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...51&postcount=5
Appreciate 0