E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > 335d JBD

12-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #23
EYE4SPEED
Ex-Diesel Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaDZL View Post
I have also red that the little white connector piece we remove before install is brittle and likely will break after a few install/uninstalls.
Above and also the connector on the JBD...
      12-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #24
EMC
rallyroad.net
Rep
Drives: G80x,E90 M3,LTW M3,MCoupe,etc

Quote:
Mike,
Could you address a couple of questions that I have, which are mostly related to my newness to my car.

I have BMW Assist active. Will it transmit any code it receives to the dealership? Will it only do this when I activate it? Is there a priority of codes it will transmit? (like SES no, but limp mode yes)

Also, I think I have read that the CAN tool will not erase a limp mode error. Is that true? If so, isnt this a red flag for the dealer, given how wildly popular the JBD is and will continue to be?

I have also red that the little white connector piece we remove before install is brittle and likely will break after a few install/uninstalls. Are these parts that your company can acquire and provide for sale?

Obviously my concerns center around my warranty.....esp considering I plan on getting it extended to 100k. Thanks in advance.
I leave the little white plastic piece out when going back to stock. Never had an issue.

The CAN tool erases everything as far as I can tell. Lately, I've just left it plugged in so when the car randomly goes into limp mode, I can press the reset button and get back to full power within 30 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #25
Ron1n
Speed Demon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Garage List
2021 M5 Competition  [0.00]
2016 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2011 335is  [0.00]
2009 E93 M3  [10.00]
2010 335d  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMC View Post
I leave the little white plastic piece out when going back to stock. Never had an issue.

The CAN tool erases everything as far as I can tell. Lately, I've just left it plugged in so when the car randomly goes into limp mode, I can press the reset button and get back to full power within 30 seconds.
Or, you could just turn the car off and back on, takes 5 seconds (yes, while you're driving).

Current: '21 M5C, '15 X6 50i Previous: '18 M550i, '16 550i, '11 335is, '09 E93 M3 DCT, '10 E90 335d, '07 E90 328i
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #26
rakimb17
Dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prius, 87 GN on E-85 and 335d

I threw an engine malfunction code and the dealer didn't call me. But maybe my dealer sucks.

Quote:
Mike,
Could you address a couple of questions that I have, which are mostly related to my newness to my car.

I have BMW Assist active. Will it transmit any code it receives to the dealership? Will it only do this when I activate it? Is there a priority of codes it will transmit? (like SES no, but limp mode yes)

Also, I think I have read that the CAN tool will not erase a limp mode error. Is that true? If so, isnt this a red flag for the dealer, given how wildly popular the JBD is and will continue to be?

I have also red that the little white connector piece we remove before install is brittle and likely will break after a few install/uninstalls. Are these parts that your company can acquire and provide for sale?

Obviously my concerns center around my warranty.....esp considering I plan on getting it extended to 100k. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #27
EMC
rallyroad.net
Rep
Drives: G80x,E90 M3,LTW M3,MCoupe,etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1n View Post
Or, you could just turn the car off and back on, takes 5 seconds (yes, while you're driving).
While driving down the freeway? Id rather press a button.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #28
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Mike,

The car won't transmit codes. The CT can erase any hidden tuner codes. The little white piece can be thrown in the trash if you prefer, it isn't needed for the OEM connector to seat. BMS does not carry them.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 11:55 PM   #29
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMC View Post

I've done this tons of times in my N54 and now twice in my 335d. No problem. Throw the cat in neutral obviously.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 11:54 PM   #30
rakimb17
Dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prius, 87 GN on E-85 and 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott135i View Post
Please. For smiles sakes, turn it up to 75-90. Difference is noticeable. Not a huge ton, but def noticeable.
I bumped it up to 70-75 today. Almost feels like my old SRT8 now.
Only i'm still getting around 29-30mpg with a lead foot.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 08:29 PM   #31
Bimmerx53
Rep
Drives: Bmw e70 x5

I plugged in the JBD today and when I started it, the car just started sputtering, and the interior lights would flicker, as well as the crank is much longer now. Then when I removed the JBD and plugged in the OEM, the car is showing a reduced engine power code, at idle it's rocking side to side even though the plugs are back in tight, and the crank is still longer than normal.

Anyone ever had this problem before?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 10:36 PM   #32
135i_vs_
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5, 135i, 335d, F10 550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerx53 View Post
I plugged in the JBD today and when I started it, the car just started sputtering, and the interior lights would flicker, as well as the crank is much longer now. Then when I removed the JBD and plugged in the OEM, the car is showing a reduced engine power code, at idle it's rocking side to side even though the plugs are back in tight, and the crank is still longer than normal.

Anyone ever had this problem before?
Really sounds more like an electrical issue.
All the jbd does is simply alter the fuel pressure. Shouldn't cause lights to flicker.

You need to disconnect and reconnect connector and check all other connections and clear all codes. Even if there is no Check engine light, you will have pending codes or BMW specific codes. After clearing it, lock the car and try to start it after 10 minutes.
Appreciate 0