BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2024 X7 x40i Assistant Driving Plus Issue

11-29-2023, 06:33 PM   #23
nighthawk4900
Private
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 x40I LCI

Post a pic of your screen when you’re on an eligible road, let’s see what it looks like
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2023, 06:40 PM   #24
PandaBaBa
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7 x40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk4900 View Post
Post a pic of your screen when you’re on an eligible road, let’s see what it looks like
As you can say, I was driving on highway I-405, and using driving assistant at this time. Driving assistant plus icon should show up now, but it won’t. It seems like I didn’t activate DAP function, but I I’m pretty sure I did activate it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 12:09 PM   #25
skzdream
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBaBa View Post
As you can say, I was driving on highway I-405, and using driving assistant at this time. Driving assistant plus icon should show up now, but it won’t. It seems like I didn’t activate DAP function, but I I’m pretty sure I did activate it.
Were you ever able to get a resolution to this?
Assuming yes, What helped to get it working?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 01:36 PM   #26
poponoknow
Rep
Drives: BMW x7

Quote:
There is no third icon, just the words “assist plus ready” underneath those two icons after they are activated and green. I have encountered stretches of highway where the assist plus does not seem to be supported when it is supported on other portions of the same highway, specifically a stretch of I-93 in Boston with an HOV lane. I assumed it had to do with the HOV lane or something else related to the actual highway, is there anything weird going on at that stretch of the road you were on? I haven’t used that map function that was mentioned earlier to see where assist plus is available, but I will check this evening and see if that section of the highway is marked or not.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 02:29 PM   #27
77SU
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 40i; 2022 X5 40i

Quote:
There is no third icon, just the words “assist plus ready” underneath those two icons after they are activated and green.
Once those magic words appear, take your hands off the wheel to engage assist plus. My recent experience indicates the sensors are looking for a solid white line on the right and long, dashed lines on the left, while you are driving in the right lane. If you are in left or middle lanes, then long, dashed lines are fine on both sides. When the sensors "see" short, dashed lines to indicate an exit or entrance from the highway, or if there are no lines on the right side of the car, then the lights will prompt you to take the wheel.

Last edited by 77SU; 01-16-2024 at 02:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 03:08 PM   #28
XB7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G63 & 24 XB7

Garage List
2024 XB7  [10.00]
I used it the other day and it is amazing but I just feel so weird without my hands on the wheel....
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 02:34 PM   #29
Jhalf
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 335i e92

Quote:
For others, I've heard you have to have maps initialized to the point where you can see active traffic, and the highways are highlighted in green. Dont know if this will help anyone.

I've owned mine for a couple weeks and it was driving me crazy not realizing all i had to do was take my hands off the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 10:39 PM   #30
RJHAHN
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 X-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimeport View Post
“assistant driving plus” option only comes up on certain highways and only after driving on it for few miles/minutes! It won't show up when you are in local roads or 'unsupported' roads and for these 'assistant driving' is standard, where you have to keep your hands on steering every few seconds.
No longer a third option to choose

Now Driviving Plus Ready will show as an option when in driving assist. To activate Plus, you just let go of the steering wheel and it will activate Driving Plus.
Used to manually have to select. No longer
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 10:44 PM   #31
RJHAHN
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 X-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by poponoknow View Post
There is no third icon, just the words “assist plus ready” underneath those two icons after they are activated and green. I have encountered stretches of highway where the assist plus does not seem to be supported when it is supported on other portions of the same highway, specifically a stretch of I-93 in Boston with an HOV lane. I assumed it had to do with the HOV lane or something else related to the actual highway, is there anything weird going on at that stretch of the road you were on? I haven’t used that map function that was mentioned earlier to see where assist plus is available, but I will check this evening and see if that section of the highway is marked or not.
When you see “Assist Plus Ready” all you need to do is let go of the steering wheel to activate it. No longer need to toggle modes. As soon as you see it ready, just let go. It will activate and change to “Assist Plus”
Appreciate 0