Davidhardy
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw x7, m5, f150 raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_F10M5 View Post
Thank you , looking now on discount tire direct. I would actually prefer the 21" package from BMW and just swap sensors if needed, but can't find them in stock anywhere. Waited too long so it is slim pickings I guess.[
yeah, the new shipments of snow tires usually come in around September for the season, and it goes quick.

not alot of wheels with the correct bolt circle and centerbore that have the weight rating for the rear axle of the X7.
I finally got my winter wheel and tire set installed this morning. Thanks to the info shared in this thread, shoutout Orient330iNYC, I was able to find the correct sizes.
My wheels are the Drag Dr 81s which is the successor to the Dr 76. No issues with the clearance on the M brakes.
Called Discount Tire Direct and had them within 2 days. It says special order since they are shipped directly from the manufacturer's warehouse, which ended up not causing any delays.
What kind of tires come on the m60?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 03:10 PM   #90
supdes
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 m60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhardy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you , looking now on discount tire direct. I would actually prefer the 21" package from BMW and just swap sensors if needed, but can't find them in stock anywhere. Waited too long so it is slim pickings I guess.[
yeah, the new shipments of snow tires usually come in around September for the season, and it goes quick.

not alot of wheels with the correct bolt circle and centerbore that have the weight rating for the rear axle of the X7.
I finally got my winter wheel and tire set installed this morning. Thanks to the info shared in this thread, shoutout Orient330iNYC, I was able to find the correct sizes.
My wheels are the Drag Dr 81s which is the successor to the Dr 76. No issues with the clearance on the M brakes.
Called Discount Tire Direct and had them within 2 days. It says special order since they are shipped directly from the manufacturer's warehouse, which ended up not causing any delays.
What kind of tires come on the m60?
On those particular winter wheels I mounted 285/50 R20 square setup.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 09:17 PM   #91
black_F10M5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Wow this looks great! Would you mind sharing the details of the package and pricing? Did you have to use hubcentric rings?

IND cosmetic | M Performance , RKP , 3D Design aero | Eisenmann Race exhaust | AMS catted downpipes | MSR intake | CSF charge coolers | DME Stage 2 tune | KW v3 coilovers | BBS FI | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 09:55 PM   #92
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Wow this looks great! Would you mind sharing the details of the package and pricing? Did you have to use hubcentric rings?
the drag wheels (inc the DR81) are the correct centerbore, no rings needed. i was happy with the fit on the centerbores, no slop.

pretty sure they will also take a bmw centercap, on my DR-76s it was 36 13 6 783 536 (the same caps for the F series)
Past: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 10:06 PM   #93
supdes
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Much appreciated!
Sure, the total cost including wheels, tires, TPMS, & install (mount and balance) at a local, well-respected tire shop was $1800.
At Discount Tire Direct the wheels ( Drag DR81) will cost you around $1040.
The center bore is 66.6mm which is the same size as X7 stock wheels. Thus no hub rings required. 5x112 bolt pattern. I chose 35 offset.
With 20in wheels you ll have a good assortment of winter tires to choose from. 275/50/20 or 285/50/20 seem to fit the X7 well. I got a deal on my tires, but typically you can count on 1k or less for a set of 4 winters.
Regarding TPMS, you can go OEM or aftermarket. Important to look out for is the compatibility for the BMW part number: 36106877937.
I chose cheaper aftermarket ones and they synced without any issues being able to see tire PSI and temp from the BMW garage app or iDrive.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2022, 10:08 PM   #94
black_F10M5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Much appreciated!
Sure, the total cost including wheels, tires, TPMS, & install (mount and balance) at a local, well-respected tire shop was $1800.
The center bore is 66.6mm which is the same size as X7 stock wheels. Thus no hub rings required. 5x112 bolt pattern. I chose 35 offset.
With 20in wheels you ll have a good assortment of winter tires to choose from. 275/50/20 or 285/50/20 seem to fit the X7 well. I got a deal on my tires, but typically you can count on 1k or less for a set of 4 winters.
Regarding TPMS, you can go OEM or aftermarket. Important to look out for is the compatibility for the BMW part number: 36106877937.
I chose cheaper aftermarket ones and they synced without any issues being able to see tire PSI and temp from the BMW garage app or iDrive.

Hope this helps!
Thank you!

IND cosmetic | M Performance , RKP , 3D Design aero | Eisenmann Race exhaust | AMS catted downpipes | MSR intake | CSF charge coolers | DME Stage 2 tune | KW v3 coilovers | BBS FI | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2022, 08:12 AM   #95
black_F10M5
Lieutenant
Rep

As luck would have it I just found a set of 752 wheels in excellent condition here on the forums. I am purchasing those and will buy the 21" blizzaks separately from tire rack. Finally I will purchase the correct TPMS for 2023 LCI (thanks to the poster who provided that info earlier in this post). I am getting them from this website and they even offer an upgrade to black aluminum stems which will match the black wheels much better than standard silver.

https://**************/BMW-OEM-Huf-T.../h0077-bmw.htm

Thanks to all on this forum for your help!

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 03:14 PM   #96
bigarms0716
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 M60i

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

What tires are these?

What offset are the wheels?

Specs please..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 09:43 PM   #97
supdes
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigarms0716 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

What tires are these?

What offset are the wheels?

Specs please..
I have Nokian winter tires on.

Offset is 35.

Most other specs you ll need are in my prior post.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 03:13 AM   #98
bigarms0716
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 M60i

Thank you !

I just ordered

DRG DR81 66.56
20 X9 5-112.00 22

AND

BRI BLIZZAK DMV2
285 /50 R20 116T XL BSW

12-14 day delivery (will post photos)
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 05:11 PM   #99
supdes
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigarms0716 View Post
Thank you !

I just ordered

DRG DR81 66.56
20 X9 5-112.00 22

AND

BRI BLIZZAK DMV2
285 /50 R20 116T XL BSW

12-14 day delivery (will post photos)
Sweet!
Yea you ll be happy with that setup.
Love how the wheels look with that tire size.
Drives really well too.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 12:23 PM   #100
PhilipBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Much appreciated!

Hope this helps!

Resurrecting this old thread to ask a question. I am getting the DR-81's also. I want to get a center cap -- curious if you got a BMW OEM center cap yourself and if so, what part number fits the DR-81. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0