E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Thanks to everyone!

05-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
onesuperboi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 335i COBB 4.01 Stage 1

Smile Thanks to everyone!

Well, I couldn't get my car coded on the weekends since I'm busy. So, I decided to get a cable and code myself. I read a lot of threads over the past month before buying the right cable and coding my car.

I have to thank xxxjecxxx for the DIY. As long as you follow the directions, it will be hard to mess up. One of the obstacles that I had to overcome was due to the fact that I was reading too fast. I have coded so many things on my car and it's all thanks to the threads from this forum and looking up the values in the excel sheet. You do have to search through this forum to get an answer, but the answers are here.

I must encourage everyone to try to code themselves. Looking back, for the amount that was being charged for me to do an LCI tail light retrofit that was quoted to take 45 to an hour mins, it took me less than 10. It's really a simple process of reading the correct module, savings the .TRC file as a .MAN file, changing active to not active the features you wan in the .MAN file, and then have the .MAN overwrite the .TRC value to implement the changes. And with this knowledge, you will always have the ability to code whatever you want in the future; that's a freedom that is priceless.

I again thank everyone and I would be willing to assist any newbs.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

45 minutes to an hour included having you arrive, fill out the forms and me showing you options

Congrats on your success.
Appreciate 0