BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum BMW Individual. Seat belt color change?

01-17-2022, 08:22 PM   #1
classj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328xi E90, X3 M40i, M2CS,X7M50

BMW Individual. Seat belt color change?

Does anyone have experience with BMW individual on their M50i build?

My request is really simple. On the full Merino Ivory interior, swap the ivory belts for black.

On paper this seems easy…in reality so far I can’t make any headway.

The Ivory belts are not a deal breaker by any means but it’s frustrating.

The individual visualizer shows black belts on the Ivory interior options for the X7. (Actually they show M comp belts). NA is saying this is in error.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 09:02 PM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by classj View Post

My request is really simple. On the full Merino Ivory interior, swap the ivory belts for black.

On paper this seems easy…in reality so far I can't make any headway.

The Ivory belts are not a deal breaker by any means but it's frustrating.

The individual visualizer shows black belts on the Ivory interior options for the X7. (Actually they show M comp belts). NA is saying this is in error.

Any thoughts?
Individual visualizer is an international market site. In regards to USA markets, the site is primarily used for visualizing Individual exterior paint colors available for the vehicle - all the other options are market specific. Gotta read the fine print.

"All vehicles, equipment, combination possibilities and varieties shown here are examples and can differ in your country. In no way do they constitute a binding offer by the BMW M GmbH. Visit your local BMW website or see your authorised BMW M Retailer for accurate details on the offers in your country."

"The BMW Individual Manufaktur Visualizer serves as a visualization aid. The presented content of the online and print version may differ from the exact appearance of the vehicle. Furthermore, some shown content may only be confirmed subject to a feasibility check by BMW M GmbH."

But while the seat belt swap sounds easy, it's a one-off request that BMWNA doesn't entertain, eg like ordering M50i with 40i M Sport wheels.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 09:07 PM   #3
classj
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Individual visualizer is an international market site. In regards to USA markets, the site is primarily used for visualizing Individual exterior paint colors available for the vehicle - all the other options are market specific.

"All vehicles, equipment, combination possibilities and varieties shown here are examples and can differ in your country. In no way do they constitute a binding offer by the BMW M GmbH. Visit your local BMW website or see your authorised BMW M Retailer for accurate details on the offers in your country."

But while the seat belt swap sounds easy, it's a one-off request that BMWNA doesn't entertain, eg like ordering M50i with 40i M Sport wheels.
Thanks. I guess I am too spoiled by Porsche Exclusive.

I can see if I wanted red belts or something like that. They just need to grab black ones from a different bin!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 09:08 PM   #4
AdmirG07
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2021 x7

Quote:
Quote:
Individual visualizer is an international market site. In regards to USA markets, the site is primarily used for visualizing Individual exterior paint colors available for the vehicle - all the other options are market specific.

I can see if I wanted red belts or something like that. They just need to grab black ones from a different bin!
What a problem to have LOL
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 09:12 PM   #5
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

BMW Individual for X SAVs isn't the full bespoke Individual Manufaktur program that's offered on their sedas, coupes and convertibles.

BMWNA limits BMW Individual for NA SAVs to predefined upholstery, Priority 1 trim, Individual serial paints $1950, preselected Individual 490 paints $5K.

Ja, if you're spoiled by Porsche Exclusive, BMWNA's X SAV offerings isn't very "exclusive".

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 09:24 PM   #6
classj
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
BMW Individual for X SAVs isn't the full bespoke Individual Manufaktur program that's offered on their sedas, coupes and convertibles.

BMWNA limits BMW Individual for NA SAVs to predefined upholstery, Priority 1 trim, Individual serial paints $1950, preselected Individual 490 paints $5K.

Ja, if you're spoiled by Porsche Exclusive, BMWNA's X SAV offerings isn't very "exclusive".
Thanks. That makes sense as I swore I have seen M cars with more oddball requests.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 01:59 AM   #7
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:

On paper this seems easy…in reality so far I can’t make any headway.

The Ivory belts are not a deal breaker by any means but it’s frustrating.

Any thoughts?
A friend of mine has F15 with full indiv ivory leather and seatbelts are black. He also has the indiv alcantara roof in ivory kind of color (all as ordered from BMW). Are you sure the seatbelts will be ivory. For F15 they came in ivory color only with ivory dakota leather, invidivdual (i think it is called smoke
White indiv) they came with black seatbelts. Sorry not giving exact info to your answer.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 06:31 AM   #8
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post
Quote:

Any thoughts?
A friend of mine has F15 with full indiv ivory leather and seatbelts are black. He also has the indiv alcantara roof in ivory kind of color (all as ordered from BMW). Are you sure the seatbelts will be ivory. For F15 they came in ivory color only with ivory dakota leather, invidivdual (i think it is called smoke White indiv) they came with black seatbelts. Sorry not giving exact info to your answer.
100% positively confident that extended and full Ivory Merino has ivory safety restraints, including Ivory/Night Blue.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
1230vani651.00
      01-18-2022, 06:46 AM   #9
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

This is true.
Appreciate 1
1230vani651.00
      01-18-2022, 07:58 AM   #10
classj
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
This is true.
It’s unfortunate.

I would much rather have an Oyster/black interior. The ivory is certainly nice but there could be a bit more black for my taste. Deviated seat belt color is not bad but I don’t get why white?

I spent some time with the Tartufo interior today. It comes off as a tad orange against Alpine white. Coffee seems muddy.

My wife has an E90 in alpine/oyster and wants as close to the same colors as possible it seems.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 12:46 PM   #11
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post
Quote:

Any thoughts?
A friend of mine has F15 with full indiv ivory leather and seatbelts are black. He also has the indiv alcantara roof in ivory kind of color (all as ordered from BMW). Are you sure the seatbelts will be ivory. For F15 they came in ivory color only with ivory dakota leather, invidivdual (i think it is called smoke White indiv) they came with black seatbelts. Sorry not giving exact info to your answer.
100% positively confident that extended and full Ivory Merino has ivory safety restraints, including Ivory/Night Blue.
It looks nice!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 05:37 PM   #12
cncmastr
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 Cecotto, F85, G05, G07,

Garage List
2018 X5 M  [0.00]
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2005 BMW X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2006 BMW M3  [10.00]
I have ivory and the seat belts are white.