BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum wireless charge is back?

01-09-2022, 03:13 PM   #23
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pin  View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlove1389 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando X View Post
Quote:
Liroyan, have you taken delivery of your vehicle? Can you update us on what ended up in your vehicle and what didn't based on how you ordered it? Did wireless charging show up? If so, did you also have enhanced Bluetooth? There have been some comments that wireless charging automatically means you will get enhanced Bluetooth so you may not see the EB listed. Also, assuming touch screen was there. Did you have performance package? Was back up assist there as well? My second build is supposed to start tomorrow and seems like the basic features show the same as yours but not sure what that means. Please update, thanks!
Adding on to this post as it potentially impacts many of us.

For reference and those of you watching your VO codes through build on My BMW, most up to date list I've come across :

https://www.obd2tool.com/blog/2021/0...-bmw-e-sys-vo/

When I run my vin I have 6NW (wireless charging), 6WD (wifi hotspot), and ZAX(carplay/android auto), however not seeing 6NS(enhanced BT). If you're looking at vin Liroyan, would be really interested in seeing what codes are on your build. A genius told me that 6NW includes 6NS which is why I'm not seeing both, however with all the uncertainty following the trust but verify principle here.

On a side note, the touch screens I have a lot of confidence in being back right now. If your build doesn't have a 6UX code you should be fine and assume you have one.
If you don't mind sharing your VIN then we could look it up and that would tell us a lot. VINs are basically public information as it's on your dash and anyone could walk up and read through your front window.
You can have mine.

Car was delivered 12/31/21

I have wireless charging and touchscreen functionality.

5UXCX6C12N9K78464
Thanks for willingness to share Al pina.

Does anyone know of any vin decoder sites that are still working? The one I used last year doesn't appear to be functional any longer and can't find any that are.

I've been pulling my codes by doing the api trick in my bmw garage.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 03:33 PM   #24
tlove1389
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pin  View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Liroyan, have you taken delivery of your vehicle? Can you update us on what ended up in your vehicle and what didn't based on how you ordered it? Did wireless charging show up? If so, did you also have enhanced Bluetooth? There have been some comments that wireless charging automatically means you will get enhanced Bluetooth so you may not see the EB listed. Also, assuming touch screen was there. Did you have performance package? Was back up assist there as well? My second build is supposed to start tomorrow and seems like the basic features show the same as yours but not sure what that means. Please update, thanks!
Adding on to this post as it potentially impacts many of us.

For reference and those of you watching your VO codes through build on My BMW, most up to date list I've come across :

https://www.obd2tool.com/blog/2021/0...-bmw-e-sys-vo/

When I run my vin I have 6NW (wireless charging), 6WD (wifi hotspot), and ZAX(carplay/android auto), however not seeing 6NS(enhanced BT). If you're looking at vin Liroyan, would be really interested in seeing what codes are on your build. A genius told me that 6NW includes 6NS which is why I'm not seeing both, however with all the uncertainty following the trust but verify principle here.

On a side note, the touch screens I have a lot of confidence in being back right now. If your build doesn't have a 6UX code you should be fine and assume you have one.
If you don't mind sharing your VIN then we could look it up and that would tell us a lot. VINs are basically public information as it's on your dash and anyone could walk up and read through your front window.
You can have mine.

5UXCX6C12N9K78464
Thanks for willingness to share Al pina.

Does anyone know of any vin decoder sites that are still working? The one I used last year doesn't appear to be functional any longer and can't find any that are.

I've been pulling my codes by doing the api trick in my bmw garage.
I couldn't find a decoder that worked but I did look on the bmwusa site and looked at options then deleted the car. By the way, wow, beautiful car. Anyway, I looked at the standard features and it did have wireless charging listed but did not have Enhanced Bluetooth listed. Now this doesn't show the 3 digit codes but rather just the build options in alphabetical order. So maybe indeed enhanced Bluetooth is included in the build where wireless charging exists.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 03:49 PM   #25
Al Pinã
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Thanks! We love it so far.

Can confirm that we do indeed have the enhanced Bluetooth.
      01-09-2022, 04:25 PM   #26
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pinã View Post
You can have mine.

5UXCX6C12N9K78464
Thanks again for this Al Pina.

I was able to pull codes on this build and it looks like the only one on here is a 6NW which supports what the genius told me, that if it has wireless charging as a result it also has enhanced bluetooth by default. Being you indicated you have enhanced bluetooth, I'm going to take this is a tentatively positive sign for those of us building that both will be included even if enhanced bluetooth isn't specifically being called out on the site.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 04:40 PM   #27
Al Pinã
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pinã View Post
You can have mine.

5UXCX6C12N9K78464
Thanks again for this Al Pina.

I was able to pull codes on this build and it looks like the only one on here is a 6NW which supports what the genius told me, that if it has wireless charging as a result it also has enhanced bluetooth by default. Being you indicated you have enhanced bluetooth, I'm going to take this is a tentatively positive sign for those of us building that both will be included even if enhanced bluetooth isn't specifically being called out on the site.
Glad I could be of service.

🤜🤛
      01-17-2022, 09:08 AM   #28
Saabfan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

To echo another poster above, I have a ‘19 and wireless charging hasn’t worked appropriately for over a year. I believe it’s an Apple issue as dealer says everything checks out on their end.

Phone overheats and doesn’t charge correctly.

This has been with multiple iPhones, all with the latest iOS update.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 12:08 AM   #29
Noah382
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2019 X7 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabfan View Post
To echo another poster above, I have a ‘19 and wireless charging hasn’t worked appropriately for over a year. I believe it’s an Apple issue as dealer says everything checks out on their end.

Phone overheats and doesn’t charge correctly.

This has been with multiple iPhones, all with the latest iOS update.
I bought a used 2019 x7 50i and my wireless charging works but it does get the phone hot. What idrive software version do you have? Mine says 07/2019.53 and I cannot get auto update to work. I'm thinking about taking it to the dealership to get it upgraded.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 05:38 PM   #30
ENstig8or
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X7 40i

I just took delivery of my new 2022 X7 on 1/27/22 and it does have wireless charging.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 06:27 PM   #31
x7shopper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENstig8or View Post
I just took delivery of my new 2022 X7 on 1/27/22 and it does have wireless charging.
40i or 50i?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 06:41 PM   #32
Mikes12985
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M, 530i, X7 (on order)

I have a 40i scheduled for production (week 8) that has wireless charging on the build sheet
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 06:46 PM   #33
x7shopper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes12985 View Post
I have a 40i scheduled for production (week 8) that has wireless charging on the build sheet
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 01:50 PM   #34
ENstig8or
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7shopper View Post
40i or 50i?
40i with MSport
2008 535, 2007 X3
Appreciate 0