BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum wireless charge is back?

12-10-2021, 02:59 PM   #1
liroyan
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

wireless charge is back?

personally I don't care this feature a lot, but I saw some folks do. I reordered my x7 for touch screen removal, and the new one that's currently "awaiting carrier" has wireless charging listed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 05:10 PM   #2
wh1te
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7

How about HK? (If this is a 40i)?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 10:30 AM   #3
liroyan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh1te View Post
How about HK? (If this is a 40i)?
no hk
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 07:05 AM   #4
Scott 73155
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 M501

I ordered my 2022 50i yesterday and the salesman told me no wireless charging. I'll wait and see, no big deal.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 10:27 AM   #5
jl582
Rep
Drives: TBD

I'm going through my 2nd X7 order this week in the last 3 months (quality issue on the first one still at the dealership waiting for the part).

So far, all the options seem identical to Sep/Oct build including wireless charge. Attached is the build list w/ Wireless Charging (6NW)

Crossing my fingers nothing will be removed last minute
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 05:59 PM   #6
MELLOWYELLOW06
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 & 2022 X& M50i

Can it be added to your car after the fact if you received yours with a delete?

The pad in the space has the wireless charge logo stamped in the rubber.
      12-29-2021, 08:53 PM   #7
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06 View Post
Can it be added to your car after the fact if you received yours with a delete?

The pad in the space has the wireless charge logo stamped in the rubber.
For the right price, anything can be retrofitted. It really depends on how in depth they got with the delete… if they left the wiring for it and just didn’t put in the wireless charging pad, then it should be as simple as buying a new or used pad online (used are running about $150), installing it and adding the coding. However, the wireless charging option also adds something called an LTE Compensator (aerial amplifier). Again, without knowing what they left in or took out, it’s hard to know if that part is still present in the car or would need to be added. Most likely if you just put in the pad and coded it without that aerial, some kind of error would pop up. Probably easier and more cost efficient to go with a cheaper aftermarket solution.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 07:48 PM   #8
MELLOWYELLOW06
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 & 2022 X& M50i

I just got a pad from ebay and going to plug it in and see what happens.

If it doesnt work well in the car, looks like I may have just purchased a brand new wireless charger for my office.
      12-30-2021, 09:10 PM   #9
X7NJ
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7

Garage List
2022 X7 40i  [0.00]
Quote:

If it doesnt work well in the car, looks like I may have just purchased a brand new wireless charger for my office.
Keep us updated please!😉
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 09:56 PM   #10
Mail4loys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 X7 M50i, '21 M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2020 BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
Quote:

If it's for charging you are well with the USB ports that are available. There is no advantage of adding just the wireless charger
2023 GMC Sierra 1500
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 04:02 PM   #11
tlove1389
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl582 View Post
I'm going through my 2nd X7 order this week in the last 3 months (quality issue on the first one still at the dealership waiting for the part).

So far, all the options seem identical to Sep/Oct build including wireless charge. Attached is the build list w/ Wireless Charging (6NW)

Crossing my fingers nothing will be removed last minute
Were you missing the enhanced Bluetooth? I can't seem to find that on my recent build. This is my second X7. It does show it will have wireless charging but honestly my first one said that too and it didn't. My first one also didn't have touchscreen so it was a automatic no go and we reordered. But now hearing that enhanced Bluetooth may not be there. To be honest, I don't really know what that even is vs regular Bluetooth but I wonder if it affects how CarPlay is used etc. Can anyone fill me on that question?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 05:39 PM   #12
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Great article explaining enhanced BT vs regular BT.

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/blog/ite...nced-bluetooth
      01-08-2022, 05:46 PM   #13
midavi68
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pin  View Post

IMHO wireless charging is not worth it, at least from my experience of having it in a 2019 model. It was very slow and made the phone very hot. I ended up always plugging in a USB cable. So if you don't get wireless charging I wouldn't sweat it.

What's a bummer right now is that they are not offering Dynamic Handling Package with the new 2022 40i models.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 06:48 PM   #14
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by midavi68 View Post
Quote:

IMHO wireless charging is not worth it, at least from my experience of having it in a 2019 model. It was very slow and made the phone very hot. I ended up always plugging in a USB cable. So if you don't get wireless charging I wouldn't sweat it.

What's a bummer right now is that they are not offering Dynamic Handling Package with the new 2022 40i models.
From what I understand the wireless charging pad is what connects your phone to the cellular range extender antenna on top of the vehicle.

I also used it to instantly register my digital key card. Not sure if this is possible without the charging pad.
      01-08-2022, 10:15 PM   #15
jl582
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlove1389 View Post
Were you missing the enhanced Bluetooth? I can't seem to find that on my recent build. This is my second X7. It does show it will have wireless charging but honestly my first one said that too and it didn't. My first one also didn't have touchscreen so it was a automatic no go and we reordered. But now hearing that enhanced Bluetooth may not be there. To be honest, I don't really know what that even is vs regular Bluetooth but I wonder if it affects how CarPlay is used etc. Can anyone fill me on that question?
Unfortunately, the 2nd build is currently missing "Enhanced B/T and Smartphone In" feature which was originally included in the 1st build (Sep). I rather have this than the wireless charge.
The actual production should start within a week so will have to see what will be added/removed after the final build.

It's so disappointing that many of these new builds are coming out of the factory with so much uncertainty.

Due to the loss of Penfed incentive in 2022, I am at the point of paying an extra $3250 for a crappy wireless charge.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 10:45 PM   #16
sunglyong2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by midavi68 View Post
Quote:

From what I understand the wireless charging pad is what connects your phone to the cellular range extender antenna on top of the vehicle.

I also used it to instantly register my digital key card. Not sure if this is possible without the charging pad.
Digital key works by NFC. Wireless charge doesn't matter.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 10:49 PM   #17
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
I just placed my order for my today for my 50i and it did list wireless charging. Let's see what shows up.
      01-09-2022, 06:44 AM   #18
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl582 View Post
Quote:
Unfortunately, the 2nd build is currently missing "Enhanced B/T and Smartphone In" feature which was originally included in the 1st build (Sep). I rather have this than the wireless charge.
The actual production should start within a week so will have to see what will be added/removed after the final build.

It's so disappointing that many of these new builds are coming out of the factory with so much uncertainty.

Due to the loss of Penfed incentive in 2022, I am at the point of paying an extra $3250 for a crappy wireless charge.
This concerns me some as well so I guess we'll see. Mine is in 150 status and doesn't have this option currently showing on it either, which I believe is code 6NS or ZEB. Genius told me yesterday to not worry it's there but guess I'm going to have to check when I go to get it. He specifically told me since it has the 6NW wireless code on the build that it should have both.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 07:31 AM   #19
tlove1389
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by liroyan View Post
personally I don't care this feature a lot, but I saw some folks do. I reordered my x7 for touch screen removal, and the new one that's currently "awaiting carrier" has wireless charging listed.
Liroyan, have you taken delivery of your vehicle? Can you update us on what ended up in your vehicle and what didn't based on how you ordered it? Did wireless charging show up? If so, did you also have enhanced Bluetooth? There have been some comments that wireless charging automatically means you will get enhanced Bluetooth so you may not see the EB listed. Also, assuming touch screen was there. Did you have performance package? Was back up assist there as well? My second build is supposed to start tomorrow and seems like the basic features show the same as yours but not sure what that means. Please update, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 08:51 AM   #20
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Liroyan, have you taken delivery of your vehicle? Can you update us on what ended up in your vehicle and what didn't based on how you ordered it? Did wireless charging show up? If so, did you also have enhanced Bluetooth? There have been some comments that wireless charging automatically means you will get enhanced Bluetooth so you may not see the EB listed. Also, assuming touch screen was there. Did you have performance package? Was back up assist there as well? My second build is supposed to start tomorrow and seems like the basic features show the same as yours but not sure what that means. Please update, thanks!
Adding on to this post as it potentially impacts many of us.

For reference and those of you watching your VO codes through build on My BMW, most up to date list I've come across :

https://www.obd2tool.com/blog/2021/0...-bmw-e-sys-vo/

When I run my vin I have 6NW (wireless charging), 6WD (wifi hotspot), and ZAX(carplay/android auto), however not seeing 6NS(enhanced BT). If you're looking at vin Liroyan, would be really interested in seeing what codes are on your build. A genius told me that 6NW includes 6NS which is why I'm not seeing both, however with all the uncertainty following the trust but verify principle here.

On a side note, the touch screens I have a lot of confidence in being back right now. If your build doesn't have a 6UX code you should be fine and assume you have one.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 12:28 PM   #21
tlove1389
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando X View Post
Quote:

For reference and those of you watching your VO codes through build on My BMW, most up to date list I've come across :

When I run my vin I have 6NW (wireless charging), 6WD (wifi hotspot), and ZAX(carplay/android auto), however not seeing 6NS(enhanced BT). If you're looking at vin Liroyan, would be really interested in seeing what codes are on your build. A genius told me that 6NW includes 6NS which is why I'm not seeing both, however with all the uncertainty following the trust but verify principle here.

On a side note, the touch screens I have a lot of confidence in being back right now. If your build doesn't have a 6UX code you should be fine and assume you have one.
If you don't mind sharing your VIN then we could look it up and that would tell us a lot. VINs are basically public information as it's on your dash and anyone could walk up and read through your front window.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 02:51 PM   #22
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando X View Post
Quote:

If you don't mind sharing your VIN then we could look it up and that would tell us a lot. VINs are basically public information as it's on your dash and anyone could walk up and read through your front window.
You can have mine.

Car was delivered 12/31/21

I have wireless charging and touchscreen functionality.

5UXCX6C12N9K78464