BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Build sheet

01-11-2022, 04:06 PM   #1
greeneyedgirl_12
United_States
Rep
Drives: Now: '19 X5 40i, '18 430 conv.

Build sheet

1st-time X7 buyer, 3rd-time BMW buyer.
These forums have helped me double-check stuff with my dealer, so I'm hoping you can check my build and let me know anything I'm missing or need to contest/ask about. The chip shortage and deletions I'm reading about are making me nervous (although I don't see the touchscreen deletion and have checked w/ my dealer it's over, plus I am getting wireless charging, albeit for a fee).

X7 40i M package

22SA X7 xDrive 40i
C3Z TBII Metallic
VAEW Extended Ivory

ZCW Cold Weather Pkg.
4HA Front/rear heated
4NN 5-zone climate

ZDY Driver Assistance Pro Pkg.
5AR Extended Traffic Asst.
5AU Active Driving Asst. Pro

ZLS Luxury Seating
453 Front vent. seats
456 Multi-contour seats
4T7 Front massaging seats

ZMP M Sport Package
3DZ w/o lines designation outside

ZPK Parking Assistance Pkg
5DN Parking asst. plus
6DR Drive Recorder

ZPX Exec. Pkg
323 Soft-close auto doors
407 Pano Sky Lounge LED roof
417 Rear elec. side shades
44A Heated/cooled cupholders
4A2 Glass Controls
610 Gesture

337 M Sport
1PB 21" bicolor wheels
2TB 8-spd sport auto trans
3MC Shadowline roof rails
710 M Steering wheel
715 Aerodyn. kit
760 Shadowline exterior
776 Anthracite Alcantara

1CR Remote start
2VB tire monitor
319 univ. garage door
322 Comfort access
418 luggage-compartment pkg.
420 privacy glass
423 floor mats
4FL travel/comfort system
4HB heated front seats/armrests/wheel
4LM Fineline black trim
4U5 2nd row Cap'n chairs
5AP no-dazzle decoding
655 SXM
6AK ConnectedDrive Services
6C4 Connected package pro
6NW Wireless charging (Have to pay for this, sigh)
6UX iDrive Classic Controller
6WD Wifi hotspot
8KL 10k/1yr oil
8TN Daytime driving
ZAX CarPlay/Android
ZN1 Active Blind Spot
ZN3 Frontal Collision Warning w/ City Collision Mitigation
ZN4 Lane departure warning
ZTM Tier 2 (emissions?)
ZX2 Rear Camera

TYVMIA
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 05:08 PM   #2
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedgirl_12 View Post
These forums have helped me double-check stuff with my dealer, so I'm hoping you can check my build and let me know anything I'm missing or need to contest/ask about. The chip shortage and deletions I'm reading about are making me nervous (although I don't see the touchscreen deletion and have checked w/ my dealer it's over, plus I am getting wireless charging, albeit for a fee).

X7 40i M package

22SA X7 xDrive 40i
C3Z TBII Metallic
VAEW Extended Ivory

ZCW Cold Weather Pkg.
4HA Front/rear heated
4NN 5-zone climate

ZLS Luxury Seating
453 Front vent. seats
456 Multi-contour seats

ZMP M Sport Package

5DN Parking asst. plus
6DR Drive Recorder

ZPX Exec. Pkg
4A2 Glass Controls
610 Gesture

337 M Sport
1PB 21" bicolor wheels
710 M Steering wheel
715 Aerodyn. kit
760 Shadowline exterior
776 Anthracite Alcantara

1CR Remote start
2VB tire monitor
319 univ. garage door
322 Comfort access
420 privacy glass
423 floor mats
4LM Fineline black trim
4U5 2nd row Cap'n chairs
5AP no-dazzle decoding
655 SXM
6WD Wifi hotspot
8KL 10k/1yr oil
8TN Daytime driving
ZAX CarPlay/Android
ZN1 Active Blind Spot
ZTM Tier 2 (emissions?)
ZX2 Rear Camera

TYVMIA
Sorry to tell you but that 6ux isn't good. It means the idrive controller isn't fully functional and up until now I was under impression that this restriction wasn't hitting x7s. Search Bimmerpost for the meaning of that code and it will explain what it means and you can figure out if you're ok with it or not.

The worrisome "deletion" codes you need to watch for are 6uy, 6ux, and 6p1. Additionally, you want to ensure you don't lose the apple car play code and the 6wd Wi-Fi codes during build if you do stay the course.

Final item. I've been assured by one bmw genius that the wireless charger code 1nw supersedes and includes enhanced Bluetooth (1ns) resulting in 1ns disappearing, however I'm still personally sweating this some as there is some conflicting information online regarding it.

I'm in process of dealing with a build myself, let me know if I can help in any other way. Realize how painful this is right now. Also, I wasn't charged for wireless charging but have read others were. I would validate this one with the CA and also get assurance on the enhanced Bluetooth being include as part of 6nw. Interested to hear what they tell you on this one.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2022, 05:34 PM   #3
greeneyedgirl_12
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando X View Post
Sorry to tell you but that 6ux isn't good. It means the idrive controller isn't fully functional and up until now I was under impression that this restriction wasn't hitting x7s. Search Bimmerpost for the meaning of that code and it will explain what it means and you can figure out if you're ok with it or not.
My salesperson (SA?) is saying that mine will have the full touch iDrive, and that March builds will have everything. I have it in (text message) writing, so I can hold him to it.

Ugh. If we didn't logically need to do a 3-to-2 car shuffle now-ish, I'd just wait.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2022, 05:43 PM   #4
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
My salesperson (SA?) is saying that mine will have the full touch iDrive, and that March builds will have everything. I have it in (text message) writing, so I can hold him to it.

Ugh. If we didn't logically need to do a 3-to-2 car shuffle now-ish, I'd just wait.
Tough call…. What I can tell you right now is it does have a known deletion code in that 6ux. You can call 1-844-4genius and ask them as well what it means and suspect they will confirm. Your sa may be right but if they are, your build in theory will lose that code at time of build which I'm not sure on.

There has also been an uptick in chatter on other cars in past 48 hours getting hit now as well. Not a good sign.

When I go to pick mine up in a few weeks I am basically planning to check multiple items just in case before signing anything at this point.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 05:48 PM   #5
greeneyedgirl_12
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Tough call…. What I can tell you right now is it does have a known deletion code in that 6ux. You can call 1-844-4genius and ask them as well what it means and suspect they will confirm. Your sa may be right but if they are, your build in theory will lose that code at time of build which I'm not sure on.

There has also been an uptick in chatter on other cars in past 48 hours getting hit now as well. Not a good sign.

When I go to pick mine up in a few weeks I am basically planning to check multiple items just in case before signing anything at this point.
Same. I'm starting a list of things to check:
CarPlay, Bluetooth (how would I check enhanced), touch iDrive... am I missing any?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 05:57 PM   #6
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Same. I'm starting a list of things to check:
CarPlay, Bluetooth (how would I check enhanced), touch iDrive... am I missing any?
My list right now includes:
1) enhanced Bluetooth (connect two phones at same time)
2) Apple CarPlay
3) touchscreen
4) idrive controller
5) wifi hotspot works/wlan has ability to connect to internet
6) anything quality wise that looks off inside or out

Totally nuts I feel I have to do this.

My build is in 150 now and I'm not seeing any items of concern aside from the 6nw/6ns confusion. I will post if something appears after build completes in next couple of weeks.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2022, 06:15 PM   #7
greeneyedgirl_12
United_States
Rep

Quote:

My build is in 150 now and I'm not seeing any items of concern aside from the 6nw/6ns confusion. I will post if something appears after build completes in next couple of weeks.
It's freaking ridiculous. My '19 X5 was way less stressful to build.
My SA said I have til like February to make any changes (I'm pretty sure I'm done, but I debated not doing full M and just doing shadowline, but I decided that looked dumb), so I might make him re-run the build sheet in a month or so to see if that disappears.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 06:26 PM   #8
Noah382
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2019 X7 50i  [0.00]
I cancelled my 2022 x7 40i build due to all of the uncertainty with options and build time of 2-3 months. A lot can happen between now and then. I bought a used 2019 x7 50i with the v8 450hp engine and all the same options as our build for $10k less. I don't regret my decision.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2022, 06:38 PM   #9
greeneyedgirl_12
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah382 View Post
I cancelled my 2022 x7 40i build due to all of the uncertainty with options and build time of 2-3 months. A lot can happen between now and then. I bought a used 2019 x7 50i with the v8 450hp engine and all the same options as our build for $10k less. I don't regret my decision.

I'm refusing delivery if anything I was promised is missing.
My SA prefers texting so I have pretty much everything in writing and then one question I called the dealership line not his phone because when he called to get the deposit he mentioned it was a recorded line.

Sigh. I hate feeling like an a**hole, but it's a $90,000+ car, so at the same time, I don't.
Appreciate 1
Lando X38.50
      01-11-2022, 06:40 PM   #10
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

It's freaking ridiculous. My '19 X5 was way less stressful to build.
My SA said I have til like February to make any changes (I'm pretty sure I'm done, but I debated not doing full M and just doing shadowline, but I decided that looked dumb), so I might make him re-run the build sheet in a month or so to see if that disappears.
Interestingly enough I chose not to go the m50 route because I'm not sure this model year will be a keeper. A few months back they made some higher end units missing touchscreens and more which is ludicrous. I came across one for 112k with the touch screen delete, no thanks.

If anything goes wrong with my build from here going to cut it and just focus on used market again. I almost pulled the trigger last week on a 2021 m50 with 15k miles not much off msrp, but didn't after I saw my build got underway with no initial issues.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2022, 06:56 PM   #11
Noah382
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2019 X7 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm refusing delivery if anything I was promised is missing.
My SA prefers texting so I have pretty much everything in writing and then one question I called the dealership line not his phone because when he called to get the deposit he mentioned it was a recorded line.

Sigh. I hate feeling like an a**hole, but it's a $90,000+ car, so at the same time, I don't.
My SA said they have had people refuse for pretty much anything. So it's really the gamble of whether it's worth losing 2-3 months time and then having to start all over or buy in-stock or used.

When I canceled my order, they happily refunded me my deposit like it was no big deal.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2022, 09:24 PM   #12
midavi68
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x7

Quote:

X7 40i M package

22SA X7 xDrive 40i
C3Z TBII Metallic
VAEW Extended Ivory

ZCW Cold Weather Pkg.
4HA Front/rear heated
4NN 5-zone climate

ZLS Luxury Seating
453 Front vent. seats
456 Multi-contour seats

ZMP M Sport Package

5DN Parking asst. plus
6DR Drive Recorder

ZPX Exec. Pkg
4A2 Glass Controls
610 Gesture

337 M Sport
1PB 21" bicolor wheels
710 M Steering wheel
715 Aerodyn. kit
760 Shadowline exterior
776 Anthracite Alcantara

1CR Remote start
2VB tire monitor
319 univ. garage door
322 Comfort access
420 privacy glass
423 floor mats
4LM Fineline black trim
4U5 2nd row Cap'n chairs
5AP no-dazzle decoding
655 SXM
6WD Wifi hotspot
8KL 10k/1yr oil
8TN Daytime driving
ZAX CarPlay/Android
ZN1 Active Blind Spot
ZTM Tier 2 (emissions?)
ZX2 Rear Camera

TYVMIA
The only thing I would recommend keeping an eye out for before the car goes into production is the Dynamic Handling Package or Integral Active Steering (IAS). No longer available for the X7 40i but hopefully that changes soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 09:55 PM   #13
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Every one of these threads makes me nervous. Following to see how this turns out.
      01-12-2022, 06:47 AM   #14
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Mind you this sounds like lower level model and European focused as of now, however the dreaded touch screen deletes appear to be re-surfacing again.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28454310

Do you know the trick to check the options out in my garage? Because this is happening again I'm going to provide this link for those just getting involved in this mess. This doesn't work until you have a vin assigned and I'm unsure when you are officially in the clear. What I can tell you though is mine is currently in 150 and when I run this everything looks fine as of this moment.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=51
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 07:47 AM   #15
ppnff
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7

This is so crazy. One reason I went to M50i - looked like most of the carnage was with the X5 (both M50i and 40i) and X7 40i.

My build just arrived at the dealership - looks to be intact based on the codes, etc.

Good luck to everyone.
Past Vehicles: 2019 X5 xDrive40i M-Sport (Week 41 Build), 2016 X5 xDrive35i, 2014 Acura MDX AWD, 2009 Mercedes E350 RWD, 2006 Infiniti G35, 2003 Honda Accord EX V6, 2000 Infiniti QX4, 1996 Honda Accord EXL, 1993 Volvo 850GLT, 1979 Mercedes 240D
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 08:01 AM   #16
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppnff View Post
This is so crazy. One reason I went to M50i - looked like most of the carnage was with the X5 (both M50i and 40i) and X7 40i.

My build just arrived at the dealership - looks to be intact based on the codes, etc.

Good luck to everyone.
Congrats and happy to hear things turned out!

For interest, did yours come with a wireless charger in the end and if so does it also have the enhanced Bluetooth functionality working as well? Someone on the x7 forum confirmed both are for him but someone on another forum indicated that with the charger inclusion the enhanced bt went away.

Anxiously awaiting mine, build scheduled for 1-22 completion.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 09:44 AM   #17
Juniorss
Rep
Drives: TBSS

How do you get a copy of the build sheet with options? My dad has a pretty loaded M50i that just went into production today and is scheduled to be completed 1/27. I am hoping everything ends up in there but I'm a bit nervous about the touchscreen/carplay deletions. At least these builds are happening in a reasonable time unlike my Escalade build that I am hoping gets picked up in the next 2 months, it has been on order since November.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 10:19 AM   #18
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorss View Post
How do you get a copy of the build sheet with options? My dad has a pretty loaded M50i that just went into production today and is scheduled to be completed 1/27. I am hoping everything ends up in there but I'm a bit nervous about the touchscreen/carplay deletions. At least these builds are happening in a reasonable time unlike my Escalade build that I am hoping gets picked up in the next 2 months, it has been on order since November.
Congrats on the purchase and good luck as it gets underway! The person your dad worked with at the bmw dealer should be able to provide you with the build sheet by simply requesting.

That said though, once it hits 150 status meaning it's in production, if you want to proactively watch for any changes/deletion codes via the api trick I listed in my prior post you can. I'm doing this in the event something is dropped that is a deal killer for me in which case I will bail on it and not accept. By doing that trick you can see a list of options associated with his vin once assigned.

Look out for 6uy, 6ux, or 6p1 codes which are associated with deletes. Also, validate it still has zax and 6wd as these are options some have reported losing (zax is the CarPlay one). If it makes you feel better, from what I've read if it does have a 6p1 delete a firmware or software update will rectify in a few months. Would get some kind of officially confirmation though if you do end up in that spot.
Appreciate 1
Mail4loys415.50
      01-12-2022, 11:46 AM   #19
Juniorss
Rep
Drives: TBSS

Quote:
Congrats on the purchase and good luck as it gets underway! The person your dad worked with at the bmw dealer should be able to provide you with the build sheet by simply requesting.

That said though, once it hits 150 status meaning it's in production, if you want to proactively watch for any changes/deletion codes via the api trick I listed in my prior post you can. I'm doing this in the event something is dropped that is a deal killer for me in which case I will bail on it and not accept. By doing that trick you can see a list of options associated with his vin once assigned.

Look out for 6uy, 6ux, or 6p1 codes which are associated with deletes. Also, validate it still has zax and 6wd as these are options some have reported losing (zax is the CarPlay one). If it makes you feel better, from what I've read if it does have a 6p1 delete a firmware or software update will rectify in a few months. Would get some kind of officially confirmation though if you do end up in that spot.

I did try doing that trick with google chrome but so far I don't see much of anything listed under the "forward" sections.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 12:38 PM   #20
greeneyedgirl_12
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by midavi68 View Post
The only thing I would recommend keeping an eye out for before the car goes into production is the Dynamic Handling Package or Integral Active Steering (IAS). No longer available for the X7 40i but hopefully that changes soon.
Why did/do I think those are extra $ options???

This just gets more exhausting by the day.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 01:07 PM   #21
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorss View Post
Quote:

I did try doing that trick with google chrome but so far I don't see much of anything listed under the "forward" sections.
Is it in 150 status? If so you need to refresh the main my vehicles tab with the developer window open. In turn, need to dig some by expanding line items on the forward entries. Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 01:19 PM   #22
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Why did/do I think those are extra $ options???

This just gets more exhausting by the day.
My understanding is that these options were not offered on the 40i MY22 so unless something changes on the BMW side, I don't think you're getting these unless you bump up to the M50 and pay for this package.
Appreciate 0