BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum What will my build be missing?

01-22-2022, 11:26 PM   #1
crzy4bimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G63, GLS63, X7M50 (inbound)

What will my build be missing?

I just placed the order and here is my build sheet. I'm freaking out after reading the forums that the cars are missing enhanced bluetooth, touch iDrive controller, and god forbid, wireless CarPlay. I see ZAX, does that mean the car will have wireless CarPlay, or just wired? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 05:07 AM   #2
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

That 6UX is no good… do the web developer console trick and get a full list of options. Search this forum, and you’ll find it.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2022, 07:21 PM   #3
adesai99
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i, x7 M50i, M550i

Garage List
As per the previous poster's message, with the 6UX designation on your build sheet it looks like you'll be getting the iDrive controller that doesn't have any touch functionality. That basically means no "handwriting" the names or numbers for the navigation. Whether that's a deal breaker for you or not depends. Personally, I would be rather annoyed to be buying a 100k+ vehicle without this.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2022, 07:44 PM   #4
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adesai99 View Post
As per the previous poster's message, with the 6UX designation on your build sheet it looks like you'll be getting the iDrive controller that doesn't have any touch functionality. That basically means no "handwriting" the names or numbers for the navigation. Whether that's a deal breaker for you or not depends. Personally, I would be rather annoyed to be buying a 100k+ vehicle without this.
What sucks is these restrictions literally just started up again. From what I've read this one will be gone for awhile to boot. May not be as much of a deal breaker as touch screen deletes a few months back but I get the frustration, especially looking at your build. You really built out a nice ride so tough hit.

If it makes you feel better, the two really dreaded codes you need to watch for are 6uy touchscreen (this appears to be a non-issue now) and 6p1 (something with Wi-Fi capabilities that hasn't hit x7 yet but sounds like it could).

The 6ux isn't the worst of them by far but good to look into it more see if it's a deal killer for you. If nothing more, would push for some money off saying I built this maxed out car here need some kind of break based on this.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2022, 09:14 PM   #5
crzy4bimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think I could live without the handwriting functionality but not CarPlay and touchscreen. Hopefully no more omissions. Strange times. The other downer is that I can't spec the BW sound system. My AMGs have spoiled with me with the Burmester high end systems. Oh well. Looks like I'll go ahead with this order as it stands for now…
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 09:19 PM   #6
crzy4bimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando X View Post
Quote:
What sucks is these restrictions literally just started up again. From what I've read this one will be gone for awhile to boot. May not be as much of a deal breaker as touch screen deletes a few months back but I get the frustration, especially looking at your build. You really built out a nice ride so tough hit.

If it makes you feel better, the two really dreaded codes you need to watch for are 6uy touchscreen (this appears to be a non-issue now) and 6p1 (something with Wi-Fi capabilities that hasn't hit x7 yet but sounds like it could).

The 6ux isn't the worst of them by far but good to look into it more see if it's a deal killer for you. If nothing more, would push for some money off saying I built this maxed out car here need some kind of break based on this.
BMW has one of the best wireless CarPlay implementations. I just care that I have the good Bluetooth and wireless CarPlay. I'm more forgiving of the touch idrive controller being crippled. Fingers crossed! I'm in love with the road presence and driving dynamics of an X7, so I'm willing to compromise in these odd times we're living in.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 09:35 PM   #7
adesai99
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i, x7 M50i, M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzy4bimmers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando X View Post
Quote:

BMW has one of the best wireless CarPlay implementations. I just care that I have the good Bluetooth and wireless CarPlay. I'm more forgiving of the touch idrive controller being crippled. Fingers crossed! I'm in love with the road presence and driving dynamics of an X7, so I'm willing to compromise in these odd times we're living in.
I can completely understand that. We got absolutely blessed with our recent pick up of a 2022 X7 M50i that was loaded to the gills (missing DHP, but this isn't the car we use for spirited drives). It ended up only suffering the loss of the puddle lights for the rear doors and the black plastic trim for the third row passengers. Besides that, we were lucky enough to not have to worry about the screen, iDrive controller, or CarPlay/Enhanced BT being removed.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2022, 05:18 AM   #8
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

Quote:
I can completely understand that. We got absolutely blessed with our recent pick up of a 2022 X7 M50i that was loaded to the gills (missing DHP, but this isn't the car we use for spirited drives). It ended up only suffering the loss of the puddle lights for the rear doors and the black plastic trim for the third row passengers. Besides that, we were lucky enough to not have to worry about the screen, iDrive controller, or CarPlay/Enhanced BT being removed.
DHP doesn’t make the car more “spirited”. It makes it more comfortable (active road preview) and agile (tighter turns and more stable lane changes).
Appreciate 1