Couple of pics from the last track day.

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Nice pics mate, looks like plenty of sun also to shine up the VO......
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Like the shots

How did the car perform, we're you happy with it?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
///Mbedded
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///1M Coupe VO

Which track? Where?
      01-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Nice. Which track?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep
Drives: 1M

Lovely pics.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #7
-cj-
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 X5MC | '20 Z4

Nice pics...

That reminds me, how does everyone get their track gear to the track? Do you swap to your track wheels at home and drive up, or somehow fit everything in the car? I'm used to lugging around 4 wheels + big plastic bin with my floor jack, torque wrench, helmet, water, meth, etc etc... That was with my last car (hatch back). I can't see all that fitting in the M... (At least not without getting the inside dirty / scratched up...)
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by einserM View Post
Which track? Where?
Atlantic Motorsport Park close to Halifax.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #9
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -cj- View Post
Nice pics...

That reminds me, how does everyone get their track gear to the track? Do you swap to your track wheels at home and drive up, or somehow fit everything in the car? I'm used to lugging around 4 wheels + big plastic bin with my floor jack, torque wrench, helmet, water, meth, etc etc... That was with my last car (hatch back). I can't see all that fitting in the M... (At least not without getting the inside dirty / scratched up...)
Track wheels installed at home, everything else goes in a rubbermaid bin.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #10
pixelblue
Colonel
Rep
Drives: the silver bullet

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
must have really short track season in canada. how do you guys cope?
      01-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #11
blotto649
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '04 996 GT3/'88 911 Carrera

Quote:
Nice pics...

Time for a trailer? Love the look of a tow hitch on a performance car.

cj, which club/organizer do you track with in the GTA? I'm upset about the steep rental increase at Mosport this year - everyone's rates have gone up.

pixelblue, Gran Turismo is my escape. Some tracks around here (the ones without walls) also host snow days.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #12
-cj-
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blotto649 View Post
Time for a trailer? Love the look of a tow hitch on a performance car.

cj, which club/organizer do you track with in the GTA? I'm upset about the steep rental increase at Mosport this year - everyone's rates have gone up.

pixelblue, Gran Turismo is my escape. Some tracks around here (the ones without walls) also host snow days.

Unfortunately those "hidden hitches" are never hidden enough Otherwise I'd actually consider one of those tire carriers that attach to your hitch. It would be an embarrassing drive to the track though lol.

I usually run with a bunch of local Mazdaspeed guys. CSCS (Cayuga TMP and Mosport DDT), Sigma Timeattack (DDT) and I hit up Mosport GP last year during a JRP sponsored event. That was fun. Hoping to hit the track this year with some local BMW owners.

How about you?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #13
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately those "hidden hitches" are never hidden enough Otherwise I'd actually consider one of those tire carriers that attach to your hitch. It would be an embarrassing drive to the track though lol.

I usually run with a bunch of local Mazdaspeed guys. CSCS (Cayuga TMP and Mosport DDT), Sigma Timeattack (DDT) and I hit up Mosport GP last year during a JRP sponsored event. That was fun. Hoping to hit the track this year with some local BMW owners.

How about you?
This hitch is pretty well hidden.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...33&postcount=5
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #14
-cj-
Captain
Canada
Rep

^^ Great link! Thanks! I'm surprised (and glad) to see people have already done this! You're right. Some of those hitches ARE pretty well hidden.. HMMM!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #15
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Nice pics...

You would be suprised with what fits in the 1er with the rear seats folded down. This is what keeps the interior clean.

If local ill mount track tires at home and bring 1 stock wheel/tire for a spare just in case. If distance i bring the track set up in the car. they fit perfectly standing up on the back of the folded down rear seat. I put down my pit blanket/ tarp down to protect espically on the way home with hot rubber and brake dust. I also carry the rest:

Aluminum Floor jack
jack stand
1 crate with all fluids ( glass / oil / brake/ flashlight painters tape magnetic numbers )
1 crate with spare parts ( pads, lug bolts etc ) and a tool bag
1 helmet box. ( double dutys as box to put in loose stuff from car (radar ezpass, and keep my camera equipt in it.
Mini compressor and tire plug kit
19v impact wrench / breaker bar / torque wrench
1 folding chair
10 x 10 tent
Tarp
2 gallon water sprayer
Cooler with lunch / water / snacks and gummie bears << my favorite !!>>>
small camera bag w/ go-pro and accessories and mount for i phone

and there is still room for some other small stuff ...
      01-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #16
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Wow man...wallpaper material!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #17
-cj-
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
You would be suprised with what fits in the 1er with the rear seats folded down. This is what keeps the interior clean.

Wow, that's pretty impressive. I guess if I could keep the wheels from rolling around, it'll minimize any damage. Plus padding everywhere... I'll have to plan it out when I pick up my track wheels. I'll definitely need to down size my current rubbermaid with something that will actually fit in the trunk...

You sort of take driving a hatch back for granted after so many years!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #18
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Wow, that's pretty impressive. I guess if I could keep the wheels from rolling around, it'll minimize any damage. Plus padding everywhere... I'll have to plan it out when I pick up my track wheels. I'll definitely need to down size my current rubbermaid with something that will actually fit in the trunk...

You sort of take driving a hatch back for granted after so many years!
With the seat folded down and the tires standing they touch nothing but the edge of the rear package shelf, and of course the back of the folded down seat, but you already have a blanket there.

all you need to secure them is a ratcheting hold down strap... you hook both ends to holes that already exist under the rear package shelf. all acceessed from the trunk. I drove the first time with no straps.... i dont recommend it as its like being on a plane with a five year old kicking your seat back for the whole trip.. i was stupid enough to think that the round object would stay still....LOL

rubbermaid substitute: 2 milk crates or 2 US postal white crates ( from your company mail room ) but i never said that because its a federal offense to have them.....like mattress tags..

postal crates are better as they are water proof underneath if raining..