BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Cerium accents on M50i rear?

12-14-2019, 07:05 AM   #1
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Cerium accents on M50i rear?

When ordering the Extended Shadowline Trim option, are the accents I pointed out cerium or another shade of grey? Hard for me to tell from BMW’s website. Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 08:24 AM   #2
DenverMisanthrope
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i (ordered), 540i xDrive

I believe without the extended shadowline the trim pieces are cerium grey, and with shadowline they're all gloss black.

However, the lower arrow in the image you posted (the one pointing to the lower fascia/exhaust surround) is a dark grey plastic — not cerium, just dark grey. All X7s with the M Sport package (including the 40i) have that. So that area isn't cerium grey, but it's not gloss black either.

The extended shadowline trim just impacts the bits that would normally be cerium grey. The bar that spans between tail lights would be gloss black with the shadowline. If it's any help, here's a photo taken in the same conditions where you can kind of see the difference with and without the shadowline trim (black sapphire metallic vehicles on both, but notice the same dark grey panel surrounding the exhaust):

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 08:28 AM   #3
Wanderer73
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverMisanthrope View Post
I believe without the extended shadowline the trim pieces are cerium grey, and with shadowline they're all gloss black.

However, the lower arrow in the image you posted (the one pointing to the lower fascia/exhaust surround) is a dark grey plastic — not cerium, just dark grey. All X7s with the M Sport package (including the 40i) have that. So that area isn't cerium grey, but it's not gloss black either.

The extended shadowline trim just impacts the bits that would normally be cerium grey. The bar that spans between tail lights would be gloss black with the shadowline. If it's any help, here's a photo taken in the same conditions where you can kind of see the difference with and without the shadowline trim (black sapphire metallic vehicles on both, but notice the same dark grey panel surrounding the exhaust):

Super helpful thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 08:32 AM   #4
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

AFAIK, the only things if you opt for the extended Shadowline on the M50i that stays cerium are the wheels and the X7 and M50i badges. I avoided the cerium wheels as well by going with the ones in my signature.
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 08:42 AM   #5
Wanderer73
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
AFAIK, the only things if you opt for the extended Shadowline on the M50i that stays cerium are the wheels and the X7 and M50i badges. I avoided the cerium wheels as well by going with the ones in my signature.
I'm not a huge fan of the cerium trim in larger amounts. Probably going with the shadow line package and 21" wheels w/all seasons, but will replace the grill with curium version after I get the car. I know that will probably make some people cringe ... I'm not a huge fan of the blacked out grill on the X7. Maybe I'll change my mind when it arrives.
Appreciate 1
Brukes90.00
      12-14-2019, 08:58 AM   #6
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

I don't like the shadowline grill either.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 10:06 AM   #7
gmag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
I don't like the shadowline grill either.
Me too. I thought I was the only one. My plan is to order the X7 M50i with the extended shadowline trim & replace the shadowline grill with the cerium grey grill & the cerium grey 22" wheels with the style 755M bi-color 22" wheels that come with the M-Sport package on the X7 xDrive40i model.
Appreciate 0