BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum BMW ConnectedDrive Questions

06-05-2020, 10:57 AM   #1
Kagcar
Rep
Drives: Audi Q7, FJ Cruiser, X7 M50i

BMW ConnectedDrive Questions

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I just picked up my new M50i and the sales person told me to call the provided service number to activate and update my info for ConnectedDrive services. I tried call the number but ended up with a recording saying due to COVID19, they are not taking calls and pushing people to the website. At the website, I cannot log in and the password the salesperson provided to me does not seem to work...I feel I am in a Catch-22.

So—I think everything is activated in the truck as it appears to be working, but I am not entirely sure; do I need to talk and/or do anything really to use it and activate or keep them activated for the ConnectedDrive services? I know in my Audi S8, I did need to set up its services online with a CC to get certain data based features to work in the car and I did this when picking up the car at the dealer — but my understanding is that in the X7 (2020), this is not needed...

Any thoughts and guidance would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 02:17 PM   #2
jcarlilesiu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

Did you download the BMW Connected App?

Go to this website:

https://connecteddrive.bmwusa.com/ap...x.html#/portal

Create a Username/Password.

Once you get in, click the "Add vehicle" and put in the cars VIN number. You will need to confirm it in the vehicle once you enter it. You should get a message in the car under BMW Messages under apps.

Once you confirm, the car will be added to your online "Garage".

You can then download the app for your device, login, and have full control of the car through the app.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 10:21 PM   #3
Kagcar
Rep
Drives: Audi Q7, FJ Cruiser, X7 M50i

Thanks for the clear directions!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 12:28 AM   #4
TBI3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Raptor, 2020 X7 M50i

ConnectedDrive not working

Just took delivery of a new M50i and been trying for hours to get my profile confirmed. I've set up an account at the dealership, we couldn't get the app to confirm the profile. Tried again later that day, again nothing. Tried a third time this evening. Nothing! I have deleted the app and reinstalled it. I have tried verifying/confirming online with multiple browsers, but when I hit "Save" it does jack squat! Vehicle shows up on the app to "Add" but when I hit that it wants to Enter Driver Profile which I believe is connected to the profile that won't allow confirmation. Tried every which way on the app to Enter Driver Profile and nothing! Very frustrating!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 12:45 AM   #5
stockguru
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBI3 View Post
Just took delivery of a new M50i and been trying for hours to get my profile confirmed. I've set up an account at the dealership, we couldn't get the app to confirm the profile. Tried again later that day, again nothing. Tried a third time this evening. Nothing! I have deleted the app and reinstalled it. I have tried verifying/confirming online with multiple browsers, but when I hit "Save" it does jack squat! Vehicle shows up on the app to "Add" but when I hit that it wants to Enter Driver Profile which I believe is connected to the profile that won't allow confirmation. Tried every which way on the app to Enter Driver Profile and nothing! Very frustrating!
I had the exact same issue. Your dealer needs to register your car to the email address and account you are using to log into connected drive. They did not put in the correct email address for me and that's what caused the ask for profile and error message. Once they fixed the email and account I logged in and all was fine. Did not ask me for profile.
Appreciate 0