BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum Anyone put secondary downpipes on XM Label?

03-09-2024, 08:20 PM   #1
Dawgsfootball42
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Gran Coupe

Anyone put secondary downpipes on XM Label?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Just picked up a 2024 XM Label in satin black today. Love the car (coming from a M8 Comp). Had full exhaust and secondary downpipe in M8 and it sounded amazing. Only downfall of the XM is the exhaust. I think secondary downpipes could help. Has anyone done it on one of these cars?

PS: I’m planning on wrapping the red window trim in black on Monday. What do you guys think?
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-09-2024, 09:17 PM   #2
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgsfootball42 View Post
Just picked up a 2024 XM Label in satin black today. Love the car (coming from a M8 Comp). Had full exhaust and secondary downpipe in M8 and it sounded amazing. Only downfall of the XM is the exhaust. I think secondary downpipes could help. Has anyone done it on one of these cars?

PS: I’m planning on wrapping the red window trim in black on Monday. What do you guys think?
Welcome to the XM, and more specifically, the XM Label family. Yours will look something like this without the red trim. It’s one of the few options on the Label which is the red trim or shadow line. This is what shadow line looks like (my color is jerez black metallic). The factory exhaust is quite good. You may want to experiment with your M1 and M2 settings. I would definitely get through the 1200 mile engine break-in service before doing any modifications like that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      03-09-2024, 09:54 PM   #3
Dawgsfootball42
Rep

That looks much cleaner. The red is a little on the flashier side for me so still trying to get a sense if I like it.

The XM exhaust is solid but as you can imagine, my M8 Comp with a FI catback exhaust and Evolution Racewerks secondaries was significantly louder so it is an adjustment. Also, the feedback from the downshifts/upshifts isn’t even comparable. I’m not surprised by this - it was expected transitioning to a hybrid vehicle with stock exhaust. Just trying to see what anyone else has done to their XM to give the exhaust a little more juice.

And I’m well versed in driving Ms. I don’t think I ever take it out of M2 mode…probably why I go through tires so quickly lol. I’m already through the break in period (~2,500 miles). Got an insane deal ($50k off msrp)! Prior owner only owned it a few months.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2024, 10:10 PM   #4
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That looks much cleaner. The red is a little on the flashier side for me so still trying to get a sense if I like it.

The XM exhaust is solid but as you can imagine, my M8 Comp with a FI catback exhaust and Evolution Racewerks secondaries was significantly louder so it is an adjustment. Also, the feedback from the downshifts/upshifts isn’t even comparable. I’m not surprised by this - it was expected transitioning to a hybrid vehicle with stock exhaust. Just trying to see what anyone else has done to their XM to give the exhaust a little more juice.

And I’m well versed in driving Ms. I don’t think I ever take it out of M2 mode…probably why I go through tires so quickly lol. I’m already through the break in period (~2,500 miles). Got an insane deal ($50k off msrp)! Prior owner only owned it a few months.
Here’s a better picture of my actual color under bright lighting. You’re going to love this vehicle, man! It’s a true beast!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-10-2024, 03:17 AM   #5
Kaz109
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi, BMW , Ford

Someone just made a thread about this exact Label just a week or so ago. Congrats man, glad it was bought by someone who is on the forums
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2024, 08:05 AM   #6
Dawgsfootball42
Rep

Yes, very unique situation where high value BMW customer ordered a Label Red and they accidentally sent her a Label. Evidently was a hassle for BMW to take it back but a major reason I received such a substantial discount. I could probably go sell it tomorrow and make $20k-$30k. Wanted to lease, was hesitant to buy with unknowns on how much these things will depreciate but this was a no brainer. Buying this in cash when it’s practically a brand new car $50k below msrp made me confident I won’t take too bad of a depreciation hit over 3-4 years.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 08:16 AM   #7
padrino
Alpina!
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

There is a reason it was discounted so much, BMW having a hell of a time selling them, this one was floating for a bit less off but they could not sell it, looks like it took the right discount and customer… Enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 08:41 AM   #8
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, very unique situation where high value BMW customer ordered a Label Red and they accidentally sent her a Label. Evidently was a hassle for BMW to take it back but a major reason I received such a substantial discount. I could probably go sell it tomorrow and make $20k-$30k. Wanted to lease, was hesitant to buy with unknowns on how much these things will depreciate but this was a no brainer. Buying this in cash when it’s practically a brand new car $50k below msrp made me confident I won’t take too bad of a depreciation hit over 3-4 years.
FYI, they dropped the word “Red” from the XM Label name due to a lawsuit with Johnny Walker Red Label. This has caused a lot of confusion throughout the industry and was poor marketing by BMW. They removed that word from most of the marketing material at this point, but it’s still lingering around and some places.

Also on this vehicle, your dealer included the $9,900 purchase incentive from BMW in the sales price when it really has nothing to do with it. Dealers like to include that into their price like they’re giving you some sort of bigger discount when in reality anyone buying it would get that from BMW regardless of the sales price.

Another forum member called on this vehicle and confirmed this. The end result is the same and you got a great vehicle!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 09:53 AM   #9
Kaz109
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yea label and label red are the same vehicle, bmw just dropped the red . I’d bet what happen was it was ordered and the customer felt it was gonna ride like an XB7 and when it didn’t they returned it. Idk I’m probably in the minority but I feel like this is a vehicle that ppl will be late to the party with. Meaning bmw didn’t market it well and ppl had a different expectation but after a few years ppl will come to love it and it will be more popular. That’s just my personal opinion of course
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 09:55 AM   #10
Dawgsfootball42
Rep

No she ordered a Label Red - it was supposed to say 1/500 on the dash, have the red in the grill and back of the car. Factory screwed up and BMW owned it. President of BMW NA had to get involved. Now they’re building her a 1/500 Label Red.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 10:05 AM   #11
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No she ordered a Label Red - it was supposed to say 1/500 on the dash, have the red in the grill and back of the car. Factory screwed up and BMW owned it. President of BMW NA had to get involved.
OK, let me attempt to clear this up for everyone. The word red has been dropped from the name - completely. The red trim you’re referring to was an option package called the “First Editon.” That option package was pulled from the order form before any orders were actually submitted. All of the first Labels arrived in the third week of October and I was definitely one of the first to take delivery of one. I had my dealer look at the original order form and that option package was definitely not on the order form - as in not available to order. It looked hideous and BMW pulled the plug at the last minute.

There is no XM Label Red. It’s just the XM Label now. The First Edition option package never saw the light of day outside of the first few that were made before it actually went into production.

BMW totally effed up the marketing on this vehicle - especially after changing things after announcements were made.

Here is an example of that option package that was on the original order form from last summer. Note that this is from a Canadian dealer so the prices are not USD. After some initial delays and production changes, the XM Label actually went into production on October 1st without it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-10-2024, 01:41 PM   #12
Kaz109
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
OK, let me attempt to clear this up for everyone. The word red has been dropped from the name - completely. The red trim you’re referring to was an option package called the “First Editon.” That option package was pulled from the order form before any orders were actually submitted. All of the first Labels arrived in the third week of October and I was definitely one of the first to take delivery of one. I had my dealer look at the original order form and that option package was definitely not on the order form - as in not available to order. It looked hideous and BMW pulled the plug at the last minute.

There is no XM Label Red. It’s just the XM Label now. The First Edition option package never saw the light of day outside of the first few that were made before it actually went into production.

BMW totally effed up the marketing on this vehicle - especially after changing things after announcements were made.

Here is an example of that option package that was on the original order form from last summer. Note that this is from a Canadian dealer so the prices are not USD. After some initial delays and production changes, the XM Label actually went into production on October 1st without it.
It’s crazy how many ppl are confused with the labeling ( pun intended) of this vehicle. I blame BMW marketing team for the slow start in sales because this vehicle definitely is a niche product that the masses don’t understand.
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2024, 08:19 PM   #13
XM Label
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: XM/XB7

Garage List
2024 XM Label  [0.00]
Quote:

I too had a loud exhaust (Akrapovic) on my last car and GThaus in the one before that and I do miss the sounds. I think the only aftermarket exhaust for the XM is Capristo. I am waiting for Akrapovic to release one and then probably choose. Would be amazing to be stealth silent in electric mode and bonkers rowdy in hybrid mode…
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2024, 08:33 PM   #14
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XM Label View Post
Would be amazing to be stealth silent in electric mode and bonkers rowdy in hybrid mode…
We have that right now! akrapovic exhaust is awesome though. I used their exhaust systems when I was racing BMW S1000RRs in the CMRA.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
NoPII152.00
TXSchnee1320.50
      03-11-2024, 05:01 PM   #15
Dawgsfootball42
Rep

VirtualGuitars I’m assuming it’s just people in the U.S. that did not take delivery of the XM Label with the First Edition package? Because if you go on Instagram, a lot of people in Europe, Russia, Middle East, Australia, etc. took delivery with this package.

In regards to the high value customer that owned my Label previously, they are making an exception and making a new XM Label including the First Edition package. Everyone at Global Imports BMW dealership and in the car scene around the Atlanta area all dumbfounded how BMW made this exception. I’m not making this up.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2024, 05:05 PM   #16
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
VirtualGuitars I’m assuming it’s just people in the U.S. that did not take delivery of the XM Label with the First Edition package? Because if you go on Instagram, a lot of people in Europe, Russia, Middle East, Australia, etc. took delivery with this package.

In regards to the high value customer that owned my Label previously, they are making an exception and making a new XM Label including the First Edition package. Everyone at Global Imports BMW dealership and in the car scene around the Atlanta area all dumbfounded how BMW made this exception. I’m not making this up.
I’ll believe it when I see it. This is even more unusual considering there are all 100% made in the US. The trim package is ugly AF. I can’t imagine anyone actually wanting it in the first place. It just screams “Please look at me. I have a little ****.”

What’s even funnier is by the time it’s built, it probably won’t be one of the first 500. 😂😂😂

I’m so happy I don’t have this trim package on mine.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2024, 05:10 PM   #17
Dawgsfootball42
Rep

You and me both my man! I’m getting the red trim wrapped on Tuesday next week - can’t do it quick enough!
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2024, 05:19 PM   #18
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You and me both my man! I’m getting the red trim wrapped on Tuesday next week - can’t do it quick enough!
I’m really talking about the red trim on the grill and rear diffuser. I don’t mind it so much on the side. Having it on all four sides is total overkill.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2024, 07:40 PM   #19
AndWhat
Rep
Drives: '23 M8 GC, '23 BMW X6 M50

Look at doing a stealth PPF on the red, when you take the gloss out it looks so much cleaner.
Appreciate 2
      03-11-2024, 07:57 PM   #20
XM Label
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: XM/XB7

Garage List
2024 XM Label  [0.00]
Quote:

What a total waste of money even if one could order it. I can wrap the grille and rear diffuser Toronto red and commission a 1/500 label for way less than $5000 CAD ;-)
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2024, 07:59 PM   #21
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XM Label View Post
What a total waste of money even if one could order it. I can wrap the grille and rear diffuser Toronto red and commission a 1/500 label for way less than $5500 ;-)
That was $5k Canadian dollars with translates to about $3,750 USD. It really is a waste of money because all you’re getting is the red trim on the front grill and rear diffuser. The First Edtion 1/500 badging would be cool, but that’s about it.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2024, 08:38 PM   #22
Dawgsfootball42
Rep

AndWhat have you done it? If so, please send a picture.
Appreciate 1