forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum BMW X7 lights won't turn off

07-12-2023, 08:36 PM   #1
aguayocarlos
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 Xdrive40i

BMW X7 lights won't turn off

So I was trying the Remote Control Parking on my X7 and it malfunctioned because I got too far from it. The car eventually turned off but the lights are still on. The lights stayed on for several minutes so I tried pushing the lights off button and it didn’t work. I tried driving the car around and seeing if the lights would turn off normally after a drive but they didn’t. I’ve tried turning them on and off several times but they just remain on. I’m hoping you guys know of a way to fix it before the battery dies and I have to call a tow truck to take it to the service center in the morning. This is a 2023 BMW X7 X-drive40i.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2023, 04:45 PM   #2
gsobol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Try putting the car into diagnostic mode -- start with the engine off, do not press the brake pedal, in quick succession press the engine start button 3 times. See if the lights turn off - manually or otherwise. To exit diagnostic mode, just start and turn off the vehicle.

Sometimes that will help, but no guarantees.
Appreciate 1