BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2019 and 2020 BMW X7 Ordering and Pricing Guides

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-02-2020, 08:40 AM   #133
happydanny3
Private First Class
35
Rep
142
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: GA

iTrader: (0)

My SA here in Atlanta is doing 9% plus rebates. PM me if you want his info. It would save you a lot of time. I have bought over 10 cars from him.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 10:59 AM   #134
aas5
Captain
128
Rep
796
Posts

Drives: 2020 X7 M50
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exokiss View Post
Hey guys. I'm a newbie here and finally, I'm about to switch from XC90 to X7. The dealer was laughing..." big leap dude", he said. I'm about to pull the trigger, but I need advice on what's worth and what options/packs aren't that important. I'm from NYC and I'm eyeing the xD40i but my mind is split with the eternal question black or white? Most roads here are like post-nuclear war and Dynamic Handling Package might come to the rescue...or not? The goal is to get 10-15% of the MSRP and Edmunds and some other online services offer great "suggested price", so I was wondering if there any other sources to config besides the official website? I'm grateful for every bit of help. Thanks.
I am in NY and just got my X7 M50i in White Mineral. I would only order it with the DHP but it really depends on how you drive. If you are an aggressive driver, it's a must have. I am coming off an X6M so it was very important for me. I would also recommend a wheel & tire insurance as in NY it comes handy, just make sure to negotiate a decent price. Mine was $1,950 with no deductible for three years.

There are a couple of forum members that have switched from Volvo so they will chime in on their experience. FWIW, I've only had the car for three days but I think BMW has done an exceptional job with making it a true luxury car that can move! You will enjoy driving it!
__________________
2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue
Sold: 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 01:18 PM   #135
Wild Blue
Lieutenant Colonel
Wild Blue's Avatar
United_States
603
Rep
1,635
Posts

Drives: 2004 BMW 330i w/ZHP Perf Pkg
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

I planned on driving my current BMW for 10 years. I'm on year 16 now.

On another note, I just need to rant somewhere. I lost $10k from my X7 fund with the stock market crash last week. Stupid coronavirus.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 10:44 AM   #136
trekman
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: Infiniti QX80
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Charlotte NC

iTrader: (0)

What kind of deal should I expect

Hey guys, newbie here. Been reading for bit though. Currently in a 2018 Inifiniti QX80. Really like the ride but ready for something else with a little more tech in it.

I am near Charlotte, NC and currently looking at 3 cars. One used, one off the loaner fleet and another new.
I really like the look of the new one. The white with the black outs is great! But the dealer is not really budging on price.

This is the car:
Price is $87,595 and dealer is offering $87k out the door.

I am also considering this used one:
2019 with 7200 miles, Orig MSRP of $86,845 and dealer is offering out the door for $73,800

The loaner fleet car is:
2020 with 4200 miles, Orig MSRP $89,195 and dealer is offering out the door for $83,300.

I love the look of the new one but the price the dealer is offering is barely $2k off MSRP. Which seems really stingy. What do you guys think?

The off loaner 2020 is a good deal and probably my second favorite but I guess I am having a hard time taking that one when there is the other used one with only 3k more miles for $10k less out the door. I am just not in love with the black and the interior.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 12:49 PM   #137
BigDuke6
New Member
7
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: Ford F150
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekman View Post
Hey guys, newbie here. Been reading for bit though. Currently in a 2018 Inifiniti QX80. Really like the ride but ready for something else with a little more tech in it.

I am near Charlotte, NC and currently looking at 3 cars. One used, one off the loaner fleet and another new.
I really like the look of the new one. The white with the black outs is great! But the dealer is not really budging on price.

This is the car:
Price is $87,595 and dealer is offering $87k out the door.

I am also considering this used one:
2019 with 7200 miles, Orig MSRP of $86,845 and dealer is offering out the door for $73,800

The loaner fleet car is:
2020 with 4200 miles, Orig MSRP $89,195 and dealer is offering out the door for $83,300.

I love the look of the new one but the price the dealer is offering is barely $2k off MSRP. Which seems really stingy. What do you guys think?

The off loaner 2020 is a good deal and probably my second favorite but I guess I am having a hard time taking that one when there is the other used one with only 3k more miles for $10k less out the door. I am just not in love with the black and the interior.

Thoughts?

I'm in NC too. That sums up my experience with Leith in Raleigh. I decided to go with a broker and having the vehicle delivered to my door. Working on a deal now that doubled the MSRP discount.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 12:50 PM   #138
trekman
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: Infiniti QX80
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Charlotte NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke6 View Post
I'm in NC too. That sums up my experience with Leith in Raleigh. I decided to go with a broker and having the vehicle delivered to my door. Working on a deal now that doubled the MSRP discount.
Where did you find the broker?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 01:21 PM   #139
BigDuke6
New Member
7
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: Ford F150
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekman View Post
Where did you find the broker?
PM'd
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 02:03 PM   #140
huskerdoc2020
Private
22
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: BMW 850i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: U.S.A.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke6 View Post
I'm in NC too. That sums up my experience with Leith in Raleigh. I decided to go with a broker and having the vehicle delivered to my door. Working on a deal now that doubled the MSRP discount.
So the discount being what in the end?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 02:27 PM   #141
BigDuke6
New Member
7
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: Ford F150
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
So the discount being what in the end?
$11,352 off MSRP on ordered x40i.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 02:52 PM   #142
huskerdoc2020
Private
22
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: BMW 850i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: U.S.A.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke6 View Post
$11,352 off MSRP on ordered x40i.
What was the MSRP of the vehicle? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 02:59 PM   #143
BigDuke6
New Member
7
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: Ford F150
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
What was the MSRP of the vehicle? Thanks.
$94,600
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 03:14 PM   #144
Wanderer73
Second Lieutenant
128
Rep
231
Posts

Drives: X7 M50i
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by exokiss View Post
Hey guys. I'm a newbie here and finally, I'm about to switch from XC90 to X7. The dealer was laughing..." big leap dude", he said. I'm about to pull the trigger, but I need advice on what's worth and what options/packs aren't that important. I'm from NYC and I'm eyeing the xD40i but my mind is split with the eternal question black or white? Most roads here are like post-nuclear war and Dynamic Handling Package might come to the rescue...or not? The goal is to get 10-15% of the MSRP and Edmunds and some other online services offer great "suggested price", so I was wondering if there any other sources to config besides the official website? I'm grateful for every bit of help. Thanks.
I am in NY and just got my X7 M50i in White Mineral. I would only order it with the DHP but it really depends on how you drive. If you are an aggressive driver, it's a must have. I am coming off an X6M so it was very important for me. I would also recommend a wheel & tire insurance as in NY it comes handy, just make sure to negotiate a decent price. Mine was $1,950 with no deductible for three years.

There are a couple of forum members that have switched from Volvo so they will chime in on their experience. FWIW, I've only had the car for three days but I think BMW has done an exceptional job with making it a true luxury car that can move! You will enjoy driving it!
@exokiss I recently switched from a 2017 XC90 Inscription to a X7 M50i (pretty much fully loaded). Message me if you want any advice and or opinion on experience, options, etc.
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2020, 03:39 PM   #145
huskerdoc2020
Private
22
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: BMW 850i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: U.S.A.

iTrader: (0)

I wonder if you into any BMW dealership and just threw that you'd purchase a n X7 today for 15% off. They would probably take it with everything going on.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 11:20 AM   #146
dcg8r
Private
dcg8r's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 16 TZB M3. 5/24/16 ED
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
I wonder if you into any BMW dealership and just threw that you'd purchase a n X7 today for 15% off. They would probably take it with everything going on.
Anyone get any deals lately?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 07:22 PM   #147
cracker123
Lieutenant
41
Rep
506
Posts

Drives: AstonMartin Virage, M6 GC
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

I would say 15%-20% off and possibly stretch to 25% off deals will be here sooner than most realize. Sales are down to a trickle, massive uncertainty in the market. I would suggest try to throw the 20% number and see if it sticks.



https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...?sref=iev1GAZs
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 08:18 PM   #148
huskerdoc2020
Private
22
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: BMW 850i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: U.S.A.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker123 View Post
I would say 15%-20% off and possibly stretch to 25% off deals will be here sooner than most realize. Sales are down to a trickle, massive uncertainty in the market. I would suggest try to throw the 20% number and see if it sticks.



https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...?sref=iev1GAZs
I agreed although you know darn well they'll tell you they'll lose money. We all know they won't.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 06:43 AM   #149
jmciver
Major
jmciver's Avatar
United_States
583
Rep
1,258
Posts

Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
I agreed although you know darn well they'll tell you they'll lose money. We all know they won't.
Actually, considering where the global economy is heading due to COVID-19, discounts at those levels could mean that they are losing some money, at least on a per car basis in the current vehicle inventory. However, big and very profitable business like BMW have very large cash reserves and are most likely looking at the long term profit picture. Also, BMW, like other large companies with franchises, are finding ways to help their privately owned dealerships weather the storm from a short term cash flow perspective. Sales and profit figures for the few months of COVID-19 will definitely hurt, but in the long term (as long this down economy does not last too long), big companies like BMW will be just fine - and still make their money. All that bing said, it should mean good deal opportunities for the consumer whose income is unaffected by the COVID-19 situation, at least in the coming months.
__________________
///M3COMPETITION 6MT - 2017 F80 Smoked Topaz Metallic
MP-HAS / GC Camber Plates / Carbonstructure Interior / Blackline Tail Lights

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 09:49 AM   #150
Staszek
Schumacher
Staszek's Avatar
272
Rep
1,767
Posts

Drives: E30, E38, F15, E93 M3,G12 750i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lake Forest, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Actually, considering where the global economy is heading due to COVID-19, discounts at those levels could mean that they are losing some money, at least on a per car basis in the current vehicle inventory. However, big and very profitable business like BMW have very large cash reserves and are most likely looking at the long term profit picture. Also, BMW, like other large companies with franchises, are finding ways to help their privately owned dealerships weather the storm from a short term cash flow perspective. Sales and profit figures for the few months of COVID-19 will definitely hurt, but in the long term (as long this down economy does not last too long), big companies like BMW will be just fine - and still make their money. All that bing said, it should mean good deal opportunities for the consumer whose income is unaffected by the COVID-19 situation, at least in the coming months.
I think you are partially right, yep they will probably lose money, "hopefully" they have enough cash reserves to survive. Since they are private we dont really know.

I mean GM didnt have enough during 2008/2009. I don't equate big to necessarily smart with their cash. The Airlines are toast and they were having record years of profit, but instead of saving some, they bought their own stock back. I mean they still probably would be in trouble either way due to how bad it has gotten for air travel, but they pretty much were in trouble right away.

There are companies that you think are large and solid and cant pay next month's rent on their buildings.

That being said we were thinking of upgrading our X5 to and X7 next year, but man if the prices really come down we may do it now.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 10:46 AM   #151
cracker123
Lieutenant
41
Rep
506
Posts

Drives: AstonMartin Virage, M6 GC
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
I think you are partially right, yep they will probably lose money, "hopefully" they have enough cash reserves to survive. Since they are private we dont really know.

I mean GM didnt have enough during 2008/2009. I don't equate big to necessarily smart with their cash. The Airlines are toast and they were having record years of profit, but instead of saving some, they bought their own stock back. I mean they still probably would be in trouble either way due to how bad it has gotten for air travel, but they pretty much were in trouble right away.

There are companies that you think are large and solid and cant pay next month's rent on their buildings.

That being said we were thinking of upgrading our X5 to and X7 next year, but man if the prices really come down we may do it now.

Throw the 20% off number and see if it sticks. This relief rally on Wall Street will end sooner than later at that point more dealerships will accept a price.

Quite a lot of big companies are over leveraged hence the government is stepping in to help with unlimited QE. Only thing left for the Fed to do now is take the corporate debt on to their books and let the companies start from scratch. We are living in scary times.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 10:47 AM   #152
jmcd2524
New Member
United_States
5
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: Lexus GS 350
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Hilton Head Island, SC

iTrader: (0)

If you had a trade-in and needed to have an X7 build, given the current environment, when would you head to the dealership to get the best deal? Given the factory is closed, does it make sense to wait until it is back up and running or go now? thanks for your input.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 02:00 AM   #153
Wild Blue
Lieutenant Colonel
Wild Blue's Avatar
United_States
603
Rep
1,635
Posts

Drives: 2004 BMW 330i w/ZHP Perf Pkg
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcd2524 View Post
If you had a trade-in and needed to have an X7 build, given the current environment, when would you head to the dealership to get the best deal? Given the factory is closed, does it make sense to wait until it is back up and running or go now? thanks for your input.
That's a good question, am curious if anyone has tangible input. Gut says that dealers won't be willing to deal as much on custom orders, vs. getting rid of on-lot inventory that is just sitting collecting dust. And I anticipate that when the factory opens, it won't be full-up, produce any model type and options. There will be big delays on some features for the rest of MY2020, I think, and may affect MY2021 too.
Appreciate 2
      04-18-2020, 10:04 AM   #154
Heimdall
The Centurion
Heimdall's Avatar
No_Country
31
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: X7 M40i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Mars

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcd2524 View Post
If you had a trade-in and needed to have an X7 build, given the current environment, when would you head to the dealership to get the best deal? Given the factory is closed, does it make sense to wait until it is back up and running or go now? thanks for your input.
That's a good question, am curious if anyone has tangible input. Gut says that dealers won't be willing to deal as much on custom orders, vs. getting rid of on-lot inventory that is just sitting collecting dust. And I anticipate that when the factory opens, it won't be full-up, produce any model type and options. There will be big delays on some features for the rest of MY2020, I think, and may affect MY2021 too.
I have a feeling the factory will open up beginning to mid May and it's going to be a havoc.

I'm suspecting but .... , discounts will not be as good until 3rd quarter as supply is limited and production slots are hard to get.

I'm watching the market for a potential 2nd car
__________________
From the East to the West through the rest of the World
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST