BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Winter wheel and tire package for X7 from BMW - 752 wheels

10-08-2019, 05:36 PM   #23
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisX7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB21 View Post
The images I have shown have been take at dealer so yours must be not informed?
MB21, would you mind posting or messaging me the name of your dealer? Or any info regarding your sales rep etc.? If that picture were just slightly better quality, might even be able to read the part numbers off those tags! With those part numbers maybe my dealer can figure it out. (I’m surprised he cannot — it’s Rallye BMW, probably the biggest on Long Island and in the NY area!)
Are you asking for the machined wheel or the black one? I am changing those on Thursday and can look for the tags then
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 07:54 PM   #24
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7 50i

Quote:
Are you asking for the machined wheel or the black one? I am changing those on Thursday and can look for the tags then
The black ones! Would love to know the part number/have close up pics of the tags on those. Thanks much!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 08:23 PM   #25
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
The black ones! Would love to know the part number/have close up pics of the tags on those. Thanks much!
I was able to look at the image I have and do some image processing here is the tag looks like this is BMW ASSY 2 462 586

Let me know if this helps or you need better image
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 08:25 PM   #26
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was able to look at the image I have and do some image processing here is the tag looks like this is BMW ASSY 2 462 586

Image of the tag
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 02:37 AM   #27
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Nice! Thanks, I will run this by my dealer.

Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 06:26 AM   #28
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Hey Otis, again, go to that link that I gave you for the same 752 winter wheel and tire package from Get BMW Parts. (official OEM BMW parts and packages)

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...b3J5IFBhZ2U%3D

On that page, it specifically lists the BMW OEM part number for this package as: 36-11-2-462-586

And yes, they are most definitely all black, no inserts or additional parts beyond the center roundel cap.

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 07:11 AM   #29
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Hey Otis, again, go to that link that I gave you for the same 752 winter wheel and tire package from Get BMW Parts. (official OEM BMW parts and packages)

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...b3J5IFBhZ2U%3D

On that page, it specifically lists the BMW OEM part number for this package as: 36-11-2-462-586

And yes, they are most definitely all black, no inserts or additional parts beyond the center roundel cap.

Ah, there it is! Great, thank you!
      10-09-2019, 08:11 AM   #30
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Finally my dealer picked up the phone and called BMW (don’t know why they didn’t do that sooner...) and confirmed the wheels are all black.

Thanks again all for the assist. Excited to see how these look on my car once they come in!

O
      10-09-2019, 09:53 PM   #31
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Finally my dealer picked up the phone and called BMW (don't know why they didn't do that sooner...) and confirmed the wheels are all black.

Thanks again all for the assist. Excited to see how these look on my car once they come in!

O
My dealer had those for about $3700 as sale
Just for reference
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 06:05 PM   #32
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
To answer my own question, from the Bridgestone website:

Faster wear on warm, dry pavement - the tread rubber of winter tires is considerably more flexible than that of all season and summer tires. That same pliable tread rubber that adds traction in winter will wear down quickly in warm temperatures. Summer and all-season tires are built to withstand warm temperatures, providing long wear life.

Decreased performance - In warm weather, winter tires won't provide the same handling capabilities as summer or all-season tires. Imagine if you needed to make a quick maneuver and your tires were soft and squishy. You won't get the crisp response from a winter tire in warm weather. Winter tires need that flexibilitity to handle ice and snow, but it's not as useful in warm weather.

(These still don’t feel like huge negatives to me).
This video provides a good perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=guBRmbldWpk

Bottom line, in summer, get summer tires. Nothing beats them, other than slicks. In winter, get winter tires. Nothing beats them, other than studded tires.

If you really want year-round compromises, your only option is all-season tires. But if you live in a climate with true winter weather like snow, you do need two sets of tires (and ideally wheels), one for summer, and one for winter.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 06:33 PM   #33
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=guBRmbldWpk

Bottom line, in summer, get summer tires. Nothing beats them, other than slicks. In winter, get winter tires. Nothing beats them, other than studded tires.

If you really want year-round compromises, your only option is all-season tires. But if you live in a climate with true winter weather like snow, you do need two sets of tires (and ideally wheels), one for summer, and one for winter.
Really helpful, thanks. I've learned a lot here.
      10-11-2019, 07:44 PM   #34
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
To answer my own question, from the Bridgestone website:

Faster wear on warm, dry pavement - the tread rubber of winter tires is considerably more flexible than that of all season and summer tires. That same pliable tread rubber that adds traction in winter will wear down quickly in warm temperatures. Summer and all-season tires are built to withstand warm temperatures, providing long wear life.

Decreased performance - In warm weather, winter tires won't provide the same handling capabilities as summer or all-season tires. Imagine if you needed to make a quick maneuver and your tires were soft and squishy. You won't get the crisp response from a winter tire in warm weather. Winter tires need that flexibilitity to handle ice and snow, but it's not as useful in warm weather.

(These still don't feel like huge negatives to me).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...;v=guBRmbldWpk

Wild blue

Well said, I would just add that winter tires are not only for snow but predominantly for temperatures that are below 45F if someone has summers.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 04:42 PM   #35
rt92
Canada
Rep
Drives: X7 (Incoming), Model 3 AWD

In case anyone is wondering what they look like on the car, the review unit below has them installed (skip to 1:45):

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 07:02 PM   #36
AndyGlaister
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2C

Garage List
Discount Tire 20" wheel / tire set for an X7

After looking at all the Tirerack and BMW options, I decided to get a set of winter wheels and tires from my local Discount Tire. I went for 20" wheels as they were considerably cheaper and there were more options available. I was worried these might look small compared to the stock 22" wheels, but they look absolutely fine on the X7, and I think the slight extra room in the wheel well will actually be better when it gets jammed with snow.... Four Blizzak's were $996, four wheels (DRG DR 69, 20x8.5) were $784, four TPMS sensors were $240. Including the lifetime warranty, and discount the total, including 10% tax was $2,237. I think they look great and I know they will do the job in the winter.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      10-12-2019, 09:24 PM   #37
DenverMisanthrope
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i (ordered), 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGlaister View Post
I think they look great and I know they will do the job in the winter.
Nice! I like those, too. Those high profiles give it much more of a "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads" vibe, which is cool. I miss the roundel, but the murdered-out-ness is pretty cool.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 05:59 AM   #38
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Looks great, well done. I probably should have given that a shot!
      10-13-2019, 07:01 AM   #39
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Nice, Andy, I think that looks great. No issues with brake clearance, I take it, with the 20", eh? I do notice you have the standard brakes. I wonder if the blue M-sport brakes would have an issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 11:19 AM   #40
AndyGlaister
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2C

Garage List
According to tirerack, even 19” would clear the sport brakes. With potholes and curbs hidden beneath snow, having a bit more sidewall makes me happier. 22” snow tires would be narrower, and much less sidewall. I also noticed on the lowest height, the 20’s really fill in the whole wheel well too...
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      10-14-2019, 07:47 PM   #41
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks again for the info. Got these installed. And finally had the dealer install my front reflector deletes. Looking mean!!
Attached Images

10-14-2019, 07:52 PM   #42
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

One problem — the stock 22” tires and wheels don’t fit in back of the car! The dealer is delivering them to me this week. I think there may be mobile wheel and tire guys in my area who can just come to my house and balance and swap the wheels each season.
      10-15-2019, 07:29 AM   #43
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Awesome, Otis, that looks GREAT! Turned out very nice.

I'm actually surprised your dealer did the aftermarket install for the reflector deletes.

Quote:
One problem — the stock 22” tires and wheels don’t fit in back of the car! The dealer is delivering them to me this week. I think there may be mobile wheel and tire guys in my area who can just come to my house and balance and swap the wheels each season.
LOL. seriously? Like you can't get all 4 stacked up, to fit in the car? I would imagine you could at least fit 2-3 of them.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 08:49 AM   #44
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Awesome, Otis, that looks GREAT! Turned out very nice.

I'm actually surprised your dealer did the aftermarket install for the reflector deletes.

LOL. seriously? Like you can't get all 4 stacked up, to fit in the car? I would imagine you could at least fit 2-3 of them.
Ha! Thanks. Yeah, I wasn't sure the dealer would do the reflector deletes, but they didn't hesitate. It did take them a long freaking time...apparently not an easy job... glad I didn't keep trying myself...

And yeah, they said they think it would be a really tight squeeze if they could even get them in there, and they were concerned about damaging the car. Apparently they are crazy heavy too (which I'd read here before).

So, his preference was to deliver them to me separately, which is fine by me.