BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Start up chime

09-27-2022, 10:49 PM   #1
MancladLA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i / 21 911 C2S

Start up chime

I was just watching a YT video (17 mistakes bmw owners make) on a new x6M and when he pressed the start button (in the head up display section) there was a chime.

My X7 which seems to have the same operating system does not make this chime.

I was wondering…

Is there any start up chime that can be activated
I also wonder why there is not a entry or exit sound / jingle - the screens do the cool shut down display but it’s odd there is no audio welcome / exit
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 05:46 AM   #2
streborx
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X7 M50i

My '22 X7 M50i chimes at startup when my seatbelt hasn't been fastened. There's also a welcome screen that greets me by name ever since I setup myBMW and the keyfob driver ID. I find all this high tech glitzy entertainment more annoying than useful, being fundamentally a luddite.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 06:54 PM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

If the pic below look like the video you watched…then the chime went off when he started the car because the DOORS were OPEN (you can see the ground outside the front doors circled in green).

Is this the video you were referring to?

If you want to hear the chime like in the video…just leave your door open, press the brake and START button, you’ll hear the warning chime (that the door is open)…and then you can shut your door.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 09-28-2022 at 07:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 09:07 PM   #4
MancladLA
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
If the pic below look like the video you watched…then the chime went off when he started the car because the DOORS were OPEN (you can see the ground outside the front doors circled in green).

Is this the video you were referring to?

If you want to hear the chime like in the video…just leave your door open, press the brake and START button, you’ll hear the warning chime (that the door is open)…and then you can shut your door.
Yes - thank you for your detective work…. So there is no start up / exit sounds
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 06:11 AM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Nope…just the sound of that marvelous engine…or warning chimes if you don’t buckle-up, or leave a door open.

If there where chimes for start up/exit…probably 99.9% of owners would line up to code that feature off. Most would probably find entry/exit chimes annoying since it is something that would be heard a lot and tied to something mundane & repetitive. Just like the high percentage of owners that code the seat belt warning off…where most still buckle up but just don’t want to hear a chime reminding them to do it.

BMW does give us visuals for entry/exit in the form of welcome lights & carpet lighting.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 01:48 PM   #6
MancladLA
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Nope…just the sound of that marvelous engine…or warning chimes if you don’t buckle-up, or leave a door open.

If there where chimes for start up/exit…probably 99.9% of owners would line up to code that feature off. Most would probably find entry/exit chimes annoying since it is something that would be heard a lot and tied to something mundane & repetitive. Just like the high percentage of owners that code the seat belt warning off…where most still buckle up but just don’t want to hear a chime reminding them to do it.

BMW does give us visuals for entry/exit in the form of welcome lights & carpet lighting.

Yep - agree.. I just wondered if there is one. I really do like the welcome carpet / wings it is such well integrated lighting. Q - what are the welcome lights?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 06:47 PM   #7
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MancladLA View Post
Yep - agree.. I just wondered if there is one. I really do like the welcome carpet / wings it is such well integrated lighting. Q - what are the welcome lights?
Exterior lighting comes on for a preset amount of time.
Appreciate 0