robkassab
Rob
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbone7 View Post
Why can no one confirm this?
Gents,

My source is a legit and serious guy from the engineering department at the SC factory. I can only assume that the intent from engineering was to roll out the software yesterday; however, there may be some red tape, documentation, etc. required before it actually gets to the dealers. Give it a couple days and hopefully we'll be seeing some acknowledgement at the dealer level sometime next week.
      10-01-2022, 10:20 AM   #178
Minhaz617
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkassab View Post
Quote:
Gents,

My source is a legit and serious guy from the engineering department at the SC factory. I can only assume that the intent from engineering was to roll out the software yesterday; however, there may be some red tape, documentation, etc. required before it actually gets to the dealers. Give it a couple days and hopefully we'll be seeing some acknowledgement at the dealer level sometime next week.
Quote:
Quote:
Gents,

Hopefully we all get car by next week.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 11:11 AM   #179
OS79
Rep
Drives: bmw x7

I hope no more surprises...it's getting really frustrated, 1st waiting till it build and delivered, now waiting on software updates. enough playing patience games.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 02:12 PM   #180
Manual6341
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Infrequently

Quote:
Quote:
Gents,

So if someone has a car entering production line today, it will have the update?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 03:06 PM   #181
DMattB
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7

Quote:
Gents,

Mine just flipped from QC to Awaiting carrier assignment today. My SA at the dealership called to tell me (as if I didn’t already know). She also said she interestingly doesn’t see a stop sale on mine. Could it be that it just isn’t showing up or that mine was fixed at the factory before it flipped?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 03:29 PM   #182
coolerbythelake
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMattB View Post
Quote:
Gents,

Mine just flipped from QC to Awaiting carrier assignment today. My SA at the dealership called to tell me (as if I didn’t already know). She also said she interestingly doesn’t see a stop sale on mine. Could it be that it just isn’t showing up or that mine was fixed at the factory before it flipped?
Could certainly be yours is fixed. Only way to find out is once it arrives at your dealer or unless someone can confirm prior to that. My stop sale didn't actually appear until my car was delivered to my dealer and entered into their inventory.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 03:34 PM   #183
DMattB
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolerbythelake View Post
Could certainly be yours is fixed. Only way to find out is once it arrives at your dealer or unless someone can confirm prior to that. My stop sale didn't actually appear until my car was delivered to my dealer and entered into their inventory.
I think I remember reading your post about that and maybe some others that it doesn’t show up yet Until it gets to the dealer. But this is a decently good volume dealership and they have 7 other X7s coming at the same time so it made me think maybe mine was different than what she has seen before. Will see this week and let y’all know!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 05:19 PM   #184
here4bmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 2022 x5

This is what my overall reading is based on interactions with different SAs and BMW geniuses. BMW is using EU spec for the DRL and Turn indicator and now they need to update these to use US spec. They already have the update but it takes some time to roll out these kind of update due to formalities , testing involved around that. I feel when BMW issued the stop sale , they already had the software update , but if they still gave timeline "later in October". they might have given these based on the formalities around these roll out. I suspect it will reach dealer in second week of oct, which is kind of mid oct and 1 month from the date bulletin was issued.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 08:13 PM   #185
Arsenal_1985
Enlisted Member
Rep

My X7 is at dealership for a minor paint job since last week and today the BMW app is showing a message "Daytime/Parking Lamp Malfunction", is this something to do with stop sale issue or the tech messed with my lights?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 08:27 PM   #186
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal_1985 View Post
My X7 is at dealership for a minor paint job since last week and today the BMW app is showing a message "Daytime/Parking Lamp Malfunction", is this something to do with stop sale issue or the tech messed with my lights?
probably not related to the recall. what were they painting? if its the bumper very likely they removed the bumper and lights to paint it off the car.
Past: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2022, 08:40 PM   #187
Arsenal_1985
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
probably not related to the recall. what were they painting? if its the bumper very likely they removed the bumper and lights to paint it off the car.
Thank you!, it makes sense. A minor scratch in the bumper during transportation and dealer agreed to correct it.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 07:23 AM   #188
joerockt
Rep
Drives: -

So my GF and I went to go see her X7 on Sat. SA's are such clowns. The guy says "The recall is because the headlights are too bright". I was like, really, thats not what the TSB states, says it has to do with the turn signals and DRL's, did you even read it. He just gave me a look lol.

But here is the thing, he told me he has been able to actually sell a few of them, even after the stop sale was announced. I asked him why that was and he had no clue as to why So who knows.

Anyway, its nice, not my taste but she's very excited. Loved the crystal shifter and seat massagers lol.

They had an iX on the lot, looked nice.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 07:50 AM   #189
SHARMAATL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

My M60i flipped to awaiting carrier assignment last night after being in QC for 6 days. I spoke with my CA Friday and he said he didn't see a stop sale on mine. Hopefully it gets in the Atlanta area in a few days so we can test if I can actually buy it.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 08:36 AM   #190
jphcbpa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i & 2023 X7 40i

Out of QC after 14 days and awaiting carrier assignment. I am waiting to hear about the stop sale. How long does it take to get from carrier assignment to the dealership ? located in Houston, TX.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 09:30 AM   #191
DMattB
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphcbpa View Post
Out of QC after 14 days and awaiting carrier assignment. I am waiting to hear about the stop sale. How long does it take to get from carrier assignment to the dealership ? located in Houston, TX.
Mine is coming to Dallas. It still shows Awaiting Carrier Assignment (182). My SA said middle to end of this week!
Appreciate 1
jphcbpa314.50
      10-03-2022, 09:34 AM   #192
black_F10M5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

We ordered on 9/12, went into production 9/14, then was stuck in QC last week and my dealer told me that we might be affected by the stop sale.

Then this morning I check the tracker and it changed to waiting for carrier assignment. He just called me and told me that they have a bunch of X7's coming up and all are showing stop sale except for my VIN. He thinks it may have had the software update while in QC. It was released to the carrier yesterday 10/2 so he thinks it will be here in a day or two.

IND cosmetic | M Performance , RKP , 3D Design aero | Eisenmann Race exhaust | AMS catted downpipes | MSR intake | CSF charge coolers | DME Stage 2 tune | KW v3 coilovers | BBS FI | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 09:50 AM   #193
jphcbpa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i & 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMattB View Post
Mine is coming to Dallas. It still shows Awaiting Carrier Assignment (182). My SA said middle to end of this week!
Noted..thank you. My SA said it can take 2 weeks to arrive at dealership. SA claims no stop sale ..."yet". Sounds like that could change once it arrives at the dealership.

Also was told finance rates are going up this month. Anyone know what that will look like ?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 09:59 AM   #194
DMattB
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphcbpa View Post
Noted..thank you. My SA said it can take 2 weeks to arrive at dealership. SA claims no stop sale ..."yet". Sounds like that could change once it arrives at the dealership.

Also was told finance rates are going up this month. Anyone know what that will look like ?
Mine said mine isn’t showing that I have a stop sale either! I got a quote from BMW on financing but it was crazy. My local credit union easily beat it but said “if you get a better interest rate let us know and we will try and beat it”. It’s all negotiable. If my car is ready I will let BMW financing know and see if they can beat my credit union and pitch them against each other!

The Fed just recently raised rates but not sure what they will do next time based on some Economy newsletters I follow. Things are starting to seem more tenuous with the economy so I would imagine they slow down the rate hiking a little! Just my 2 cents
Appreciate 1
jphcbpa314.50
      10-03-2022, 10:00 AM   #195
Json2686
Rep
Drives: 2021 X1, 2023 X7

Anyone have any updates with their X7’s that are sitting at the dealer? Are we getting software updates today or this week?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 10:35 AM   #196
coolerbythelake
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Json2686 View Post
Anyone have any updates with their X7’s that are sitting at the dealer? Are we getting software updates today or this week?
My CA checks throughout the day for me. Nothing yet. I do feel like that call or text is coming soon though.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 10:58 AM   #197
Taktix1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i

CA texted me this AM. No news. Says he's hopeful they'll get something next week as the dealership has 6 sold X7s sitting on the lot that can't be picked up and few unsold in stock units that also can't be sold yet.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 11:16 AM   #198
dc2023x7
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ordered X7 M60i

Quote:
Good news update from my source at the factory:

“Looks like they are pushing the software to dealers today so my coworker is saying should be made available to customers next week depending on how quickly the dealer gets to each vehicle.”
Awesome news!
Appreciate 0