BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum X7 MSport with Black Sapphire Metallic wheel selection.

10-01-2022, 01:00 PM   #1
hsunesara786
Mike786
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 2023

X7 MSport with Black Sapphire Metallic wheel selection.

Hi All,
I need some help deciding on wheels for X7 in Black Sapphire Metallic with M Sport. Not opting for professional package. Which wheels do you think will best go with this combination?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 01:58 PM   #2
Brigitte
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 Mazda CX-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsunesara786 View Post
Hi All,
I need some help deciding on wheels for X7 in Black Sapphire Metallic with M Sport. Not opting for professional package. Which wheels do you think will best go with this combination?
There is only one 21" available with the M Sport which is the wheel in the picture of the car. There are only two 22" available with the M Sport..the first two wheels from the left are available (the jet black light alloy & bi-color light alloy). The third and fourth wheels from the left are not available with the M Sport. The last wheel, the fifth one is a 23" and it is available with the M Sport. In your picture there is a wheel on the left that I can see only half of it...I'm not counting it. It is not available anyway with the M Sport trim. What size are you planning to get?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 02:43 PM   #3
hsunesara786
Mike786
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigitte View Post
There is only one 21" available with the M Sport which is the wheel in the picture of the car. There are only two 22" available with the M Sport..the first two wheels from the left are available (the jet black light alloy & bi-color light alloy). The third and fourth wheels from the left are not available with the M Sport. The last wheel, the fifth one is a 23" and it is available with the M Sport. In your picture there is a wheel on the left that I can see only half of it...I'm not counting it. It is not available anyway with the M Sport trim. What size are you planning to get?
I am trying to find the one which would look the best. I like 23inch option but found it cost $4.5k to replace it so a bit on fence with that one.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 03:16 PM   #4
JayM40i
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW x7 40i

Quote:
Quote:
I am trying to find the one which would look the best. I like 23inch option but found it cost $4.5k to replace it so a bit on fence with that one.
I'm guessing the ride on 23s isn't that enjoyable either.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 03:50 PM   #5
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayM40i View Post
Quote:
Quote:
It's actually not bad at all. And I'm driving on the 3rd world streets of Chicago all day.
      10-01-2022, 08:23 PM   #6
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

Garage List
Quote:
Every single review I’ve read says unequivocally to not get the 23” wheels. I like the looks of them, but am sticking with the 22”.
Appreciate 1
alic9613.50
      10-01-2022, 08:53 PM   #7
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pin  View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's actually not bad at all. And I'm driving on the 3rd world streets of Chicago all day.
I want alpina 23" wheels
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 08:54 PM   #8
Brigitte
Major
Rep

Quote:
I too like the way the 23" looks. But most people advise against them.

I would go with the 22" Bi-color light alloy...I like the way they look. It's $1,300 extra. With that said, the standard 21" looks nice as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 09:12 PM   #9
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I want alpina 23" wheels
Might need to buy the Alpina then. They won't sell you the wheels without proof of XB7 ownership.
      10-01-2022, 09:32 PM   #10
Brigitte
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pină View Post
"Not bad" vs. Great?

I personally wouldn't pay $2600 for wheels unless they provide a great/enjoyable ride!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 10:41 PM   #11
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I want alpina 23" wheels
Might need to buy the Alpina then. They won't sell you the wheels without proof of XB7 ownership.
I think I could talk a gm to tell their parts department to order the wheels. Pull a vin from a previous customer

But you at right it is not as simple .
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 12:24 PM   #12
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pinã View Post
"Not bad" vs. Great?

I personally wouldn't pay $2600 for wheels unless they provide a great/enjoyable ride!
I'll take the .92g on the skidpad and 149 foot stop from 70mph the 23's offer over a marginal increase in "comfort".

Plus they look amazing so it's a win/win for me.
      10-02-2022, 06:23 PM   #13
Brigitte
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pină View Post
I'll take the .92g on the skidpad and 149 foot stop from 70mph the 23's offer over a marginal increase in "comfort".

Plus they look amazing so it's a win/win for me.
As long as you like it...that's what counts!
Appreciate 0