06-03-2022, 07:15 PM   #45
PinkNinja400Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by robersoj1 View Post
Moved to orderStatusCode: "182" on 6/2 est. at dealer 6/5, should pick up next week. Went to dealer today and found out that car comes with ceramic coating anyone heard of that?
The car doesn't come with ceramic coating. You can buy it through the dealer. Usually there's no reason to do that, it's better to buy the car and then take it to an auto detailing shop to have it coated. No need to have the dealer act as the middleman between you and the detailing shop.

As you have probably heard, in the current market some dealers are putting markups on cars and selling them for over MSRP. Obviously, buyers don't like that.

These days a number of dealers are forcing you to buy their packages/addons with the car. Basically, they'll add on some services/items/mods that would normally be $1k, but price it at $5k and force you to buy that $5k package with the car. It looks (slightly) less scummy than just slapping a $5k markup on the car. And of course, a good amount of the population is too stupid to realize they're still getting scammed, so the dealer doesn't suffer as much reputational damage.

The ceramic coat happens after the car is delivered to the dealer. The factory doesn't put any coating on the cars.

If you're lucky, your dealer will allow you to refuse the ceramic coat add-on. If you're unlucky, they will refuse to sell you the car without ceramic coat (they're not going to have issues finding another buyer).

Or they might force you to buy it with the car, but they'll have it at a reasonable price. That's not a horrible outcome. Do note that there can be a pretty big variation in what dealers do for their exterior ceramic coat and interior ceramic coat / protection. Some dealers actually outsource the coatings to a auto detailing shop who will use good products and apply them well. Others do it inhouse, in which case some 16 year old kid getting paid minimum wage is going to take cheapest coating the dealer can acquire, spray it onto your car, and buff with a paper towel before moving on to the next car.

Good luck!

Last edited by PinkNinja400Guy; 06-03-2022 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 08:09 PM   #46
robersoj1
Private
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkNinja400Guy View Post
The car doesn't come with ceramic coating. You can buy it through the dealer. Usually there's no reason to do that, it's better to buy the car and then take it to an auto detailing shop to have it coated. No need to have the dealer act as the middleman between you and the detailing shop.

As you have probably heard, in the current market some dealers are putting markups on cars and selling them for over MSRP. Obviously, buyers don't like that.

These days a number of dealers are forcing you to buy their packages/addons with the car. Basically, they'll add on some services/items/mods that would normally be $1k, but price it at $5k and force you to buy that $5k package with the car. It looks (slightly) less scummy than just slapping a $5k markup on the car. And of course, a good amount of the population is too stupid to realize they're still getting scammed, so the dealer doesn't suffer as much reputational damage.

The ceramic coat happens after the car is delivered to the dealer. The factory doesn't put any coating on the cars.

If you're lucky, your dealer will allow you to refuse the ceramic coat add-on. If you're unlucky, they will refuse to sell you the car without ceramic coat (they're not going to have issues finding another buyer).

Or they might force you to buy it with the car, but they'll have it at a reasonable price. That's not a horrible outcome. Do note that there can be a pretty big variation in what dealers do for their exterior ceramic coat and interior ceramic coat / protection. Some dealers actually outsource the coatings to a auto detailing shop who will use good products and apply them well. Others do it inhouse, in which case some 16 year old kid getting paid minimum wage is going to take cheapest coating the dealer can acquire, spray it onto your car, and buff with a paper towel before moving on to the next car.

Good luck!
Thanks, I am planning to take my car to ceramic pro after I pick it up. I was shocked when she said my X7 will come with it. My plan is the same, I don't trust dealers at all and these guys have had little to no contact with me throughout this process. I know more than they do.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 11:29 PM   #47
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 40i

Quote:
Quote:
Congratulation on your car, waiting is part of the process. The dealer offered me another build early in the process someone did not pick up but I wanted my own build. So I am waiting.
Moved to orderStatusCode: "182" on 6/2 est. at dealer 6/5, should pick up next week. Went to dealer today and found out that car comes with ceramic coating anyone heard of that?
Never heard of it. Which part was coated? Exterior or interior?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 02:13 AM   #48
robersoj1
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDDD0919 View Post
Never heard of it. Which part was coated? Exterior or interior?
She said both, will have to look into it some more. I'm still getting ceramic coating.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 03:05 PM   #49
robersoj1
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I am planning to take my car to ceramic pro after I pick it up. I was shocked when she said my X7 will come with it. My plan is the same, I don't trust dealers at all and these guys have had little to no contact with me throughout this process. I know more than they do.
PinkNinja400Guy you are right. The product they are using is call resistall. A spray on paint sealant they are calling ceramic coating, new car dealer in North America are selling this product to their customers. Three year warranties.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 01:14 PM   #50
SoCalBeach
Rep
Drives: LX470, Tesla, X7 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodRiverBMW View Post
182 is "schedule for carrier"

0 Order deleted by BMW
17 Order not specified
37 Order is at BMW NA
87 Production Week Assigned
97 Order sent to AG
100 Order deleted by AG
101 Error in data transmitted
102 Special Order (no Prod Week)
105 Order out of Prod. Period
111 Order Accepted at AG
112 Order scheduled for Production. Up to this point you can usually make changes to your order. Once it goes into the next status, 150, the vehicle is already on the assembly line and cannot be changed.
150 Production Started
151 Body Shop Started
152 Paint Shop Started
153 Assembly Started
155 Production Completed
160 Released to Distribution
168 AG Stock
170 Waiting Workshop
172 Planned for Workshop
174 Workshop Entry
176 Workshop Complete
180 Waiting for Export Dispatch
181 Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
182 Schedule for Carrier
190 In transit to port of exit
191 Returned to BMW AG
193 Arrived at Port of Exit
194 Selected for Shipment
195 Shipped from Port of Exit
196 Shipment Arrival
Where/how do you get the orderStatusCode? From the mygarage.bmwusa.com website, I just get “ENTERING ASSEMBLY LINE”, but no codes like many of you are using. Do you get that by calling (who?) or by another tracking website?
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2023, 10:31 AM   #51
ASHx7
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M40i

Typical time spent in que?

My 2023 X7 M40i entered production 3/8/23. The dealer expects 3-4 weeks to complete. Is this the typical time frame? So far, it’s still in que.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 12:19 AM   #52
Delrazdan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22X540i (ArcGre), 24X760i CBM

2024 x7

Has anyone’s 24 x7 moved beyond 112?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 09:49 PM   #53
2001S15
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 17 911 Targa / 24 X7 / 08 S2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrazdan View Post
I think production for 24s starts in April so I doubt it.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 11:30 PM   #54
salfeet84
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrazdan View Post
Go to the thread titled 2024 allocations and orders, many ppl have moved to status 150 and entered production on 2024s, this just happened today to many people
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 08:46 AM   #55
Delrazdan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22X540i (ArcGre), 24X760i CBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salfeet84 View Post
Go to the thread titled 2024 allocations and orders, many ppl have moved to status 150 and entered production on 2024s, this just happened today to many people
I just got 112 last week. I am sure there are many ahead of me. Hopefully in a week or so ….
Appreciate 0