BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Remove dynamic processing package from BMW website?

09-26-2022, 02:39 PM   #1
BMW or Benz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Angry Remove dynamic processing package from BMW website?

Because I chose the DHP package? So stop at QC?

Feels like something is going to happen

And the rear wheel steering has disappeared.

Last edited by BMW or Benz; 09-26-2022 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 02:43 PM   #2
jphcbpa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i & 2023 X7 40i

should already be part of the order if in QC correct ?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 02:56 PM   #3
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW or Benz View Post
Because I chose the DHP package? So stop at QC?

Feels like something is going to happen

And the rear wheel steering has disappeared.
all X7s are stop sale till bmw comes up with a software update to conform with a federal regulation, so being stuck in qc at this point isnt really an issue, the sw isnt supposed to be out till some time in october, i would guess mid to late. once bmw creates the update, i suspect the government will need to approve it before the stop sale is lifted.

but interesting that they already pulled DHP from the 40i. only two months into production and the options are starting to drop off.
Past: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 03:07 PM   #4
BMW or Benz
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
all X7s are stop sale till bmw comes up with a software update to conform with a federal regulation, so being stuck in qc at this point isnt really an issue, the sw isnt supposed to be out till some time in october, i would guess mid to late. once bmw creates the update, i suspect the government will need to approve it before the stop sale is lifted.

but interesting that they already pulled DHP from the 40i. only two months into production and the options are starting to drop off.
Thanks I would like to know about what software update? any details
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 03:13 PM   #5
jphcbpa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i & 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1955132
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 03:17 PM   #6
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
nothing really so far, there's some issue with the interaction of the DRL and turn signal. bmw has to write an update to comply with the regs. they are estimating later in october. until then all cars that haven't been delivered cannot be delivered. cars already delivered will need to be updated once the sw is avail.

its probably something stupid like the drls come back on too soon after the turn signals are activated.
if it was more serious, like turn signals not activating, or activating at the same time as the drls are lit, bmw would be telling current owners to not drive the car and providing transport until the issue is fixed.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 03:22 PM   #7
BMW or Benz
Enlisted Member
Rep

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
nothing really so far, there's some issue with the interaction of the DRL and turn signal. bmw has to write an update to comply with the regs. they are estimating later in october. until then all cars that haven't been delivered cannot be delivered. cars already delivered will need to be updated once the sw is avail.

its probably something stupid like the drls come back on too soon after the turn signals are activated.
if it was more serious, like turn signals not activating, or activating at the same time as the drls are lit, bmw would be telling current owners to not drive the car and providing transport until the issue is fixed.
I paid a deposit of 1000, can it be refunded? Consider throwing yourself into the arms of the GLS
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 03:25 PM   #8
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I paid a deposit of 1000, can it be refunded? Consider throwing yourself into the arms of the GLS
should be refundable, not sure what the law is in NYS. i dont think they would give you a hard time. but i have heard the wait for the GLS is even worse and the markups higher. a few months back it was 5-20K markups for a GLS and delivery next year. not sure if thats still true.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 06:22 PM   #9
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

I talked to a local store. I stayed on the phone with GM while he went through the order system

Dynamic Handling is still there on the 40i.

That is probably all I can say. It is there today.

Who knows about tomorrow or November production (next round of allocations).
Appreciate 1
abcsoup184.50
      09-28-2022, 07:26 AM   #10
Ace6180G07
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 M50i / 2024 X5 40i

Wow this makes total sense now. Still in QC since 9/6 and I ordered DHP.. Now it’s gone from the website and you cant get it on the 40i..

Makes sense that the M60’s were coming out fast. Like 2 week turn around time. Not even days in QC. Mostly hours etc. they were using those parts to fill the M60’s first.

Mine is still on order… but if I knew DHP was going to hold it up this long I probably would of sprung for the M60…

Walked away from it yesterday and the dealer called me back late last night. We worked it out. Still in a holding pattern.
Appreciate 1
abcsoup184.50
      09-29-2022, 07:07 AM   #11
Mzj01
Rep
Drives: 2023 x7 2022 m4

So this was my build week and mine has moved up almost every step to QC on the 26th. I asked my SA aboiut the stop sale and here is his response to me about that. I don’t know what to think now. Staying hopeful - his response is below:

‘There is a stop sale only on certain variants of the X7, which is the M60i. The stop sale for the reprogramming of the daytime running lights that apparently do not dim enough while the blinker is on.

Your X7 is not affected by this stop sale! Vehicles typically hang out in Quality Control for a couple days until the vehicle gets to it's next (major) stage of being handed over to distribution. The vehicle won't show up changed until sales/distribution scans the vehicle in. It's actually scheduled to arrive tomorrow (9/29) and then be sorted to the appropriate staging area to be shipped from the plant! At this point, I don't see why your car would arrive any later than about a week and a half from now.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 07:45 AM   #12
coolerbythelake
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzj01 View Post
So this was my build week and mine has moved up almost every step to QC on the 26th. I asked my SA aboiut the stop sale and here is his response to me about that. I don't know what to think now. Staying hopeful - his response is below:

'There is a stop sale only on certain variants of the X7, which is the M60i. The stop sale for the reprogramming of the daytime running lights that apparently do not dim enough while the blinker is on.

Your X7 is not affected by this stop sale! Vehicles typically hang out in Quality Control for a couple days until the vehicle gets to it's next (major) stage of being handed over to distribution. The vehicle won't show up changed until sales/distribution scans the vehicle in. It's actually scheduled to arrive tomorrow (9/29) and then be sorted to the appropriate staging area to be shipped from the plant! At this point, I don't see why your car would arrive any later than about a week and a half from now.
You'll have to let us know how this turns out. From all the things we've heard over on the stop sale thread, it's affecting all X7s as the software is the same but we've obviously been unable to confirm anything. My CA was hoping mine wasn't going to be affected by the stop sale as nothing came back flagged on their end. Once it was received and entered into their inventory (or however that process works), that's when it popped up on their end. Not intending to be the pessimist about this for you but I would mentally prepare for the stop sale punch in the gut when it arrives (not trying to sound too hyperbolic, just how it feels LOL). Who knows though maybe your dealer is right. But so far no one here on the forums has been able to take delivery since this has come about.
Appreciate 1
Mzj0114.50
      09-29-2022, 09:17 AM   #13
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolerbythelake View Post
You'll have to let us know how this turns out. From all the things we've heard over on the stop sale thread, it's affecting all X7s as the software is the same but we've obviously been unable to confirm anything. My CA was hoping mine wasn't going to be affected by the stop sale as nothing came back flagged on their end. Once it was received and entered into their inventory (or however that process works), that's when it popped up on their end. Not intending to be the pessimist about this for you but I would mentally prepare for the stop sale punch in the gut when it arrives (not trying to sound too hyperbolic, just how it feels LOL). Who knows though maybe your dealer is right. But so far no one here on the forums has been able to take delivery since this has come about.
I agree with you. I don't think there is any ill will on behalf of the salesman/ CA. They are just sharing positive hope/ vibes. When that car leaves plant and makes it to dealer, boom the stop sale will kick in.

Not trying to be negative, but there is no way that only M60i are impacted because we know of 40is that are grounded , including your beautiful car.
Appreciate 1
Mzj0114.50
      09-30-2022, 10:05 AM   #14
Mzj01
Rep
Drives: 2023 x7 2022 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolerbythelake View Post
Yeah, I figured. The vehicle is still in QC and he said it was due to leave it yesterday. There is no way he would know what is going on. I will wait and see what next week brings, but seriously considering changing things to order with B&W stereo. I mean if we are possibly looking at Nov anyhow. That’s the problem, there is so much misinformation out there and no official statement as of yet. At least that I know of. It’s the lack of transparency that has me a little alarmed. This is my first ever BMW order and I wish it went a bit smoother to be honest. Nobody’s fault I suppose it’s just how it panned, especially being a new year of something. Just makes me upset that weeks ago I was locked from making the stereo change and now possibly this.
Appreciate 0