Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 08:21 PM   #24
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
Only reason to stay stock is if you can't afford to mod it!

Valid reason, but a boring one.
Affordability isn't an issue, just decision paralysis

I go to SEMA every year and see an amazing number of mods that are available and some great cars but when it comes do doing my cars I tend to not want to commit. With this car I will likely will get tint, expel, the BMW performance aero pieces and steering wheel. A possibility is coilovers since I will do some track days.

Last edited by pruettfan; 01-26-2016 at 08:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 08:41 PM   #25
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

M2 | Mineral Grey | 6MT | Spring delivery:
  • BMW M Performance Parts: steering wheel + CF trim | black kidney grilles | exhaust + CF tips | CF diffuser | black side gills | CF mirror caps | red brake calipers (if also available for the M2);
  • Winter wheels: BMW or BBS - preferably in gunmetal color and sporting Michelin Pilot Alpin tires.
      01-26-2016, 11:58 PM   #26
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post

I go to SEMA every year and see an amazing number of mods that are available and some great cars but when it comes do doing my cars I tend to not want to commit. With this car I will likely will get tint, expel, the BMW performance aero pieces and steering wheel. A possibility is coilovers since I will do some track days.
That is about what I do too, I don't like the slammed cars with more bits added than a normal Lego build.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 12:00 AM   #27
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
  • BMW M Performance Parts: steering wheel + CF trim | black kidney grilles | exhaust + CF tips | CF diffuser | black side gills | CF mirror caps | red brake calipers (if also available for the M2);
  • Winter wheels: BMW or BBS - preferably in gunmetal color and sporting Michelin Pilot Alpin tires.
It is the same calipers that are available now. M cars and M Performance brakes use the same exact ones.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 12:28 AM   #28
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Damn. You're really going all out! Can't wait to see it

Soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 12:54 AM   #29
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
I think that will be the look of a lot of M2's...
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 01:21 AM   #30
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Quote:
Actually tbh when it comes to the calipers i kinda like the blue ones a lot, There is so many cars with red calipers and for some reason i have grown tired of red ones and now i like the stock ones the color that is, Or in case the yellow ones that's on the M3/M4 when it comes with carbon ceramic brakes.

I think i have seen to many people modding their calipers red on all kind of vehicles, So i guess i find the Blue/Yellow ones more unique then adding red ones, I have gotten a lot of great compliments regarding the blue calipers.

So i am not sure about that part again everyone likes different and this is my opinion only. But that was my thought around the calipers.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 01:23 AM   #31
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
Only reason to stay stock is if you can't afford to mod it!

Valid reason, but a boring one.

I hear you bro. I've got camber plates.
That's it. That's the list. Lol
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 07:22 AM   #32
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
Actually, just striving for making the car '///M stock'. I mean, approaching the way in which BMW M should have released the M2.
      01-27-2016, 09:20 AM   #33
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden_88M
Quote:
Actually tbh when it comes to the calipers i kinda like the blue ones a lot, There is so many cars with red calipers and for some reason i have grown tired of red ones and now i like the stock ones the color that is, Or in case the yellow ones that's on the M3/M4 when it comes with carbon ceramic brakes.

I think i have seen to many people modding their calipers red on all kind of vehicles, So i guess i find the Blue/Yellow ones more unique then adding red ones, I have gotten a lot of great compliments regarding the blue calipers.

So i am not sure about that part again everyone likes different and this is my opinion only. But that was my thought around the calipers.
I agree with you except in the case of LBB
      01-27-2016, 03:47 PM   #34
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Can't wait to see pics of aforementioned M2 builds!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 09:06 PM   #35
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
I tend to be a keep them stock kinda guy but as I look at the BMW Performance Parts for the M2 I think I will be adding several. Definitely the steering wheel but probably the aero pieces also. Thought it would be cool to start a thread to share our mod desires.
Zero mods to the exterior for me, thank you very much.

The only visible mods will be in the interior: M Perf wheel (non-electronic), M Perf pedals, M Perf DCT carbon shift lever + alcantara console top.

And of course there will be the Dinantronics module as well.
No non-stock muffler, spoilers, splitters, or flow-through wings.
Keep the m-fers guessing.
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Racing Dynamics strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner intercooler)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 12:45 AM   #36
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Minor cosmetics. Mineral Grey, debadge, black kidney grilles, color matched front bumper reflectors, tints. I think thats about it.