Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Interesting. How do you like the steering wheel result?
Love it. Not a big fan of the interior plastic chrome. Wish I could get rid of all of it.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 02:15 PM   #46
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i M Sport

Looks great. Thanks for sharing the pics. I was curious to how the side skirts would look on a white X7. I hv white as well and the gloss black side skirts go well with the gloss back lower door trim.

I was also looking at the mid spoiler but wasn't sure. I'm still on the fence with it for now but looks good.
Appreciate 1
Jszlaga461.00
      12-26-2021, 04:23 AM   #47
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jszlaga View Post
Did some things to the wife's car today. Thanks to A&L Body Shop in Palatine, IL for the great work. Pics included below. Comprehensive list of items include the following:

- gloss black vinyl wrap on roof and all the way through to top of lift gate spoiler
- light tint on tail lights, head lights, and fog lights
- 11mm spacers installed on winter wheels and tires
- install gloss black front lip and rear diffuser. Special shout out to forum member @Kruppa who sold me the Renegade Design lip and diffuser.
- install underneath front lip protector
- install carbon fiber gear selector side trims
- install paint matched front reflectors
- install paint matched rear reflector set
- install BMW carbon shift paddle set
- install X3M side view retrofit mirrors
- install carbon fiber fuel cap cover
- install rear carbon license plate frame
- install carbon hood roundel
- install carbon trunk roundel
- install carbon floating wheel center caps
- install door projector slides on all 4 doors

Still waiting on my Renegade Design gloss black mid spoiler, Maxton Design gloss black side skirts, and carbon fiber steering wheel trim. Also, will be powder coating the rims gloss black. Let me know what you guys think.
How is the tint rated to hold up in the winter with snow a ice on it? Not sure if u live in a climate with snow or not.

What percent tint did they use? Looks boss and I would like to do the same. Typically for windows they always say 10%, 20%, etc….
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 10:37 AM   #48
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by x7bmw23 View Post
Quote:
Did some things to the wife's car today. Thanks to A&L Body Shop in Palatine, IL for the great work. Pics included below. Comprehensive list of items include the following:

- gloss black vinyl wrap on roof and all the way through to top of lift gate spoiler
- install gloss black front lip and rear diffuser. Special shout out to forum member @Kruppa who sold me the Renegade Design lip and diffuser.

Still waiting on my Renegade Design gloss black mid spoiler, Maxton Design gloss black side skirts, and carbon fiber steering wheel trim. Also, will be powder coating the rims gloss black. Let me know what you guys think.
How is the tint rated to hold up in the winter with snow a ice on it? Not sure if u live in a climate with snow or not.

What percent tint did they use? Looks boss and I would like to do the same. Typically for windows they always say 10%, 20%, etc….
I live in Chicago so we can have our fair share of snow and inclement weather although so far this winter hasn't been bad at all. I assume the tint you are referring to is what I have on the headlights and taillights. I was told the tint should hold up fine in all weather conditions. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what percentage they used. I was given three options: light, medium, and dark. I went with the light option.
Appreciate 1
x7bmw23281.50
      12-26-2021, 01:38 PM   #49
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:

FWIW, my tint is holding up perfectly here in Alaska. Having an unusually cold and snowy winter so far. But we're past the winter solstice, so it's just gonna get better from here!
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 1
x7bmw23281.50
      12-26-2021, 01:44 PM   #50
Boogie2121
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Quote:
Quote:

So you say you did hv the tow receiver package as pictured below but the Renegade rear diffuser covers it up now? I'm looking for something like this if that's the case. Looks awesome.
I have one on order for future design. FRP gloss black - should be here in February and I will let you know how it goes. A lot cheaper than Rennegade
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 01:45 PM   #51
Boogie2121
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Quote:
Quote:
Love it. Not a big fan of the interior plastic chrome. Wish I could get rid of all of it.
Hey, what mid spoiler did you order? You chose mid rear spoiler over any spoiler on roof cap, correct?

Looks amazing btw.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 02:32 PM   #52
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I live in Chicago so we can have our fair share of snow and inclement weather although so far this winter hasn't been bad at all. I assume the tint you are referring to is what I have on the headlights and taillights. I was told the tint should hold up fine in all weather conditions. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what percentage they used. I was given three options: light, medium, and dark. I went with the light option.
Wow, I would have thought for sure it was medium or dark on the headlights. If that's light, anything darker and you probably couldn't drive at night.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 03:24 PM   #53
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow, I would have thought for sure it was medium or dark on the headlights. If that's light, anything darker and you probably couldn't drive at night.
I agree. I thought the same exact thing. If that's light I can't imagine what medium or dark look like. I'm glad I went with the light option. I'm sure it differs by manufacturer though.
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2021, 03:27 PM   #54
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie2121 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hey, what mid spoiler did you order? You chose mid rear spoiler over any spoiler on roof cap, correct?

Looks amazing btw.
Thank you Boogie2121

I did only go with the mid spoiler. It's my wife's car and frankly she didn't want mid or upper spoiler but I figured I could get away with the mid as it's a bit more subtle so I don't even think she knows I put it on 😂.

I just bought it off Alixpress. It was like $150. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it so didn't want to spend too much money, but I'm happy with it and good quality so it's staying on.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 07:32 PM   #55
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree. I thought the same exact thing. If that's light I can't imagine what medium or dark look like. I'm glad I went with the light option. I'm sure it differs by manufacturer though.
Definitely, but everything looks good. nice choices. well done.

I did a similar setup for the steering wheel, but I also added the Carbon fiber top piece in top.
Appreciate 1
Jszlaga461.00
      01-16-2022, 08:44 PM   #56
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonet View Post
*looking at the sample pictures*

ah yes, censored hentai latch covers. perfect.

Dang, it appears as these aren't available anymore. Copyright got to them obviously.
Appreciate 0