BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #1
UNTAMDM3
UNTAMD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' e92 M3 (gone) 16' f80 M3

Sunroof frame not covered on CPO...BS!!!

There should be a class action suit against BMW for the Pano roof on the X3's!!! it's a copout to say that on based on production date they will replace the fram or if your the unlucky asshole and have one outside those guideline and get a repair kit thats not covered under CPO!!
      03-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
rs6655
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 X3 (MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNTAMDM3 View Post
There should be a class action suit against BMW for the Pano roof on the X3's!!! it's a copout to say that on based on production date they will replace the fram or if your the unlucky asshole and have one outside those guideline and get a repair kit thats not covered under CPO!!
I couldn't agree more.

A design defect, is a design defect, and they need to take full responsibility for them. Especially when they affect the drivability of the car.

I have one car company that I will NEVER, EVER buy from again because they effectively told me to "piss off" when I requested a fix for a total screw up on their part. Their response was "it's out of warranty". So for the last 14 years I've made sure I never got that line from them again.

The issue was that a whole section of body seam was missed when sealer was applied at the factory and it was not discovered until I took a road trip up the east coast in a day long rainstorm. The road spray from the rear tires absolutely soaked the carpets from the firewall to the back gate. I took it to the dealer and compared it to another that had sealer where mine didn't.
They refused to fix it or dry out the carpet and padding.

I called corporate and they refused too. So I begrudgingly fixed it myself and promptly trade it in.

That was 1997, the vehicle was a GMC Yukon. I've bought 5 new vehicles since and not one was a GM product. I get a great deal of enjoyment knowing that I helped, albeit in a small way, to bring GM to it's knees.

I'll drive a Trabant before I'll drive another GM product new or used!

Last edited by rs6655; 03-04-2011 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
Lt. Dan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 / 2014 335i

What issue are you having with yours? I just bought a 2008 X3 with 37,000 miles last night and made the mistake of test driving it with the sunshade closed.

When I took it home and got on the freeway the wind noise was unbearable and I had to close the sunshade. I'll be taking this to the dealer next week to discuss a remedy.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #4
rs6655
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 X3 (MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
What issue are you having with yours? I just bought a 2008 X3 with 37,000 miles last night and made the mistake of test driving it with the sunshade closed.

When I took it home and got on the freeway the wind noise was unbearable and I had to close the sunshade. I'll be taking this to the dealer next week to discuss a remedy.
Something is definitely wrong as mine is quiet with the shade open or closed. Most likely just needs adjusting.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
citwck
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

IIRC there are a bunch of complaints about the pano roof on bimmerfest with any number of fixes including selling the problem car and inheriting the much worse AT problem. Some people fixed it by using felt dots.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 04:35 AM   #6
Lt. Dan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 / 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs6655 View Post
Something is definitely wrong as mine is quiet with the shade open or closed. Most likely just needs adjusting.
They replaced the seal and adjusted the glass. Whisper quiet now!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 05:54 AM   #7
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

CPO is a joke.
don't even get me started on this crap.
Appreciate 0