BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > BMW n55 new pure turbos (pure 500 and pure 750)

04-19-2023, 08:38 PM   #111
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
We sold ~ 10 kits
Great to know!

I guess the specific question is if there is any data.
      04-19-2023, 08:59 PM   #112
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Great to know!

I guess the specific question is if there is any data.
In my experience, customers usually provide us with data only when they encounter issues with a product.

Fortunately, we haven't received negative data or feedback about the Pure500

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
F87source7305.00
      04-20-2023, 12:25 AM   #113
BadgerDog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.92]
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryd5150 View Post
There is but you have to be in desktop mode to see it - at least that's the case with my Samsung Galaxy phones.
Fyi there's a bimmerpost app and it's actually pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2023, 08:10 AM   #114
Marcumac
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
In my experience, customers usually provide us with data only when they encounter issues with a product.

Fortunately, we haven't received negative data or feedback about the Pure500
Customers would need to receive their orders in order to provide feedback. I guess I'm one of the 10 who have purchased and there has been a lot of inconsistent messaging from XPH about when I can expect it to actually ship from Pure. I was originally told 1-5 business days when I made my purchase, but that was 29 business days ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2023, 08:30 AM   #115
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcumac View Post
Customers would need to receive their orders in order to provide feedback. I guess I'm one of the 10 who have purchased and there has been a lot of inconsistent messaging from XPH about when I can expect it to actually ship from Pure. I was originally told 1-5 business days when I made my purchase, but that was 29 business days ago.
I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you've experienced due to the delayed shipment of your order. I understand that the wait has been much longer than initially estimated, and I sincerely apologize for that.

Please be assured that the ETA is controlled by Pure, and I forward any updates I receive from them to our customers. I am doing my best to keep you informed and to expedite the process as much as possible.

However, if you do not wish to wait any longer, I completely understand and am more than happy to offer you a full refund. In that case, I will allocate your spot to another customer in line. Please let me know how you would like to proceed, and I will assist you accordingly.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
MONSTAR517.00
      05-25-2023, 08:25 AM   #116
RockChalkKU
Chump
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 LBB M2/'18 X3 M40i/'16 X5d

This may be a dumb question but how many folks run a PS2 or the new Pure750 on just pump gas alone?
2010 BSM M5
2007 BSM 6mt M5
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 11:11 AM   #117
wheela
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 35i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChalkKU View Post
This may be a dumb question but how many folks run a PS2 or the new Pure750 on just pump gas alone?
I don't think that's a dumb question. Not sure how many people do it, but you'll still get more power on just pump gas with a bigger turbo, but trading off later spool and less response. Supposedly, the pure750 spools sooner than ps2, so if that's true it may be a great option for just running pump gas (though you obviously wouldn't get full potential of the turbo on just pump gas).

I'm pretty anxious to start seeing some 93 only results from the pure750 to see how it does. But I suspect most of the people will be running e-blend and/or meth, so not sure how many 93 only results we'll see.
Appreciate 2
      05-26-2023, 04:53 AM   #118
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChalkKU View Post
I don't think this is a dumb question either, not everyone can or wants to run E, even knowing it gives more power. I've been looking for info on the Pure500 on 93 for myself but yet to find anything substantial.
Appreciate 3
      05-26-2023, 12:23 PM   #119
Rainey94
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
I don't think this is a dumb question either, not everyone can or wants to run E, even knowing it gives more power. I've been looking for info on the Pure500 on 93 for myself but yet to find anything substantial.
I am in the same scenario. Looking to get more real world feedback on the 500 as it looks like it will work well for me in theory for a DD that sees the track that runs 94.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 12:45 PM   #120
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

You guys are probably looking at 430whp on 93/94 with the Pure 500, and will require an HPFP upgrade and custom tune.

So, ~25whp more (peak) than stock turbo & stock HPFP with the BMStg 2+ 93 OTS is my guess, but should hold more power to redline.

If you have access to ethanol, it’d make more sense to skip a custom tune and get the PTF Flexfuel sensor and run Stg 2+ Multimap and drop in some E when you want more power. Peak on 93 will be a little lower than a custom 93 tune, but will still get the benefits of flat power to redline.

If no access to E, custom tune to get the added ~25whp on 93 will be needed.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 01:24 PM   #121
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
You guys are probably looking at 430whp on 93/94 with the Pure 500, and will require an HPFP upgrade and custom tune.

So, ~25whp more (peak) than stock turbo & stock HPFP with the BMStg 2+ 93 OTS is my guess, but should hold more power to redline.

If you have access to ethanol, it’d make more sense to skip a custom tune and get the PTF Flexfuel sensor and run Stg 2+ Multimap and drop in some E when you want more power. Peak on 93 will be a little lower than a custom 93 tune, but will still get the benefits of flat power to redline.

Honestly, I think people are hoping for a "mini PS2" and instead this is a "slightly stronger OEM turbo" which will likely have maybe 20-30whp on the stock turbo. Isn't it smaller than the Dinan?
      05-26-2023, 05:18 PM   #122
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Honestly, I think people are hoping for a "mini PS2" and instead this is a "slightly stronger OEM turbo" which will likely have maybe 20-30whp on the stock turbo. Isn't it smaller than the Dinan?

I think you guys are both right, the area under the curve is really the gain, not peak as it 30whp on 93 isn't a massive improvement, especially given the parts/labor/tune but if it makes it more fun to drive and holds power it could be worth it. Would love to see some real world data though to confirm it.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 06:56 AM   #123
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Not quite sure. My impression is similar peak power, but will flow a little more up top than the Dinan.

If someone dyno’s Stg 2+ E30 or MM vs 93, we’ll be able to compare.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2023, 07:18 AM   #124
ericlr1225
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT

I guess people are trying to look for turbo like Shrenk N55+ faster, less powerful than PS2 but way more efficient than stock/stg1/500. Few people installed it according their fb group. waiting to see dyno numbers and curves
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2023, 12:52 PM   #125
Kiddvegas
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlr1225 View Post
I guess people are trying to look for turbo like Shrenk N55+ faster, less powerful than PS2 but way more efficient than stock/stg1/500. Few people installed it according their fb group. waiting to see dyno numbers and curves
Just the bigger manifold on the n55+ alone makes it so much more worth it compared to the 500.

One of the bigger topics talked about on the Shuenk r&d page is high drive pressures created by the stock turbine housing, and the manifold runners as well. That’s where I become uncertain about the overall performance of the Pure500, it’s still stuffed in that tiny turbine housing.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2023, 01:18 PM   #126
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddvegas View Post
Just the bigger manifold on the n55+ alone makes it so much more worth it compared to the 500.

One of the bigger topics talked about on the Shuenk r&d page is high drive pressures created by the stock turbine housing, and the manifold runners as well. That’s where I become uncertain about the overall performance of the Pure500, it’s still stuffed in that tiny turbine housing.
The only problem with the n55+ is that the spool actually isn't that much better than PS2 (iirc 500 rpm or a bit more), and that means anyone looking for OEM response won't be able to get that with the n55+.

Imo the pure 500 is for people looking for very fast response and maybe 400-450 whp max. If you want more power and the ability to hold that power to redline, then you'll need the n55+.
      05-28-2023, 11:13 PM   #127
Marcumac
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
My 500 arrived a few weeks ago after a two-month wait from Pure. The turbo has been installed and I am currently working with Wedge on a base map/custom tune, as Pure offers no support in this arena. I'm a little bummed I have to purchase MHD as well but am thankful I can resell my BM3 license and almost break even.

I'm still probably a few weeks away from sorting out a 93 and E30 tune, but will be sure to share results here as soon as I have them. I won't have a baseline dyno, but I think there is enough data out on these cars now to know where they start.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2023, 08:32 AM   #128
Kiddvegas
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcumac View Post
My 500 arrived a few weeks ago after a two-month wait from Pure. The turbo has been installed and I am currently working with Wedge on a base map/custom tune, as Pure offers no support in this arena. I'm a little bummed I have to purchase MHD as well but am thankful I can resell my BM3 license and almost break even.

I'm still probably a few weeks away from sorting out a 93 and E30 tune, but will be sure to share results here as soon as I have them. I won't have a baseline dyno, but I think there is enough data out on these cars now to know where they start.

Nice, what’s your current set up?

How is it so far?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2023, 04:19 PM   #129
Marcumac
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddvegas View Post
Nice, what’s your current set up?

How is it so far?
VRSF catted DP, 5" intercooler, CP, CTS Turbo intake and an M2 backbox. I was running E30 on a BM3 OTS map previously but I've been babying the car since the install...BM3 offers no support so I'm just running an OTS hybrid turbo map for the time being to try to keep the AFR happy.

For that reason I haven't gone WOT yet, but the power comes on a little earlier and builds similar to the stock turbo. I imagine I'll be able to share a little more in the coming weeks once the car is actually tuned to make the most of it.
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2023, 06:02 AM   #130
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

Awesome are you able to test pump gas only at first at all please?
Why BM3 no support, even custom tuned? Don't get it.

Good hunting
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 06:44 AM   #131
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post
Awesome are you able to test pump gas only at first at all please?
Why BM3 no support, even custom tuned? Don't get it.

Good hunting
Because some tuners don't like to tune bm3 due to it being an online platform (so supposedly all data is visible to the host), so they're afraid of their maps being stolen by bm3. Personally I don't think that would have ever been a concern because:

1) the data is end to end encrypted, it's not visible plain text data or anything like that. This is your internet services like email, Dropbox, Google drive is safe and you don't ever worry about your data being viewed by these companies.

2) if bm3 did steal a custom tune and turned it into an ots map, the tuner can view the tables in these ots maps and spot their map data. They could probably then sue BM3 and win.

3) people pay for a custom tune because they want it tailored made to their setup and running conditions, so even if their map was stolen I doubt it will affect their customer base too too much.

Also bm3 has addressed these concerns with their b58 gen 2 custom rom release. They have made bm3 fully offline capable now, and you can tune with any map editor you like - you can use bm3's fantastic table editor, or you can use winols or tuner pro just like on MHD. So bm3 is capable of doing everything MHD can and even more now, so there shouldn't be an excuse to not tune bm3 in the future. In fact it brought tuners back to tuning bm3 who left previously, like twisted tuning.

Last edited by F87source; 05-30-2023 at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 03:51 PM   #132
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Because some tuners don't like to tune bm3 due to it being an online platform (so supposedly all data is visible to the host), so they're afraid of their maps being stolen by bm3. Personally I don't think that would have ever been a concern because:

1) the data is end to end encrypted, it's not visible plain text data or anything like that. This is your internet services like email, Dropbox, Google drive is safe and you don't ever worry about your data being viewed by these companies.
People should worry - and all you have is their word that it works.
Quote:
2) if bm3 did steal a custom tune and turned it into an ots map, the tuner can view the tables in these ots maps and spot their map data. They could probably then sue BM3 and win.
I don't think this is a thing, and it would be hard to prove

Quote:
3) people pay for a custom tune because they want it tailored made to their setup and running conditions, so even if their map was stolen I doubt it will affect their customer base too too much.

Also bm3 has addressed these concerns with their b58 gen 2 custom rom release. They have made bm3 fully offline capable now, and you can tune with any map editor you like - you can use bm3's fantastic table editor, or you can use winols or tuner pro just like on MHD. So bm3 is capable of doing everything MHD can and even more now, so there shouldn't be an excuse to not tune bm3 in the future. In fact it brought tuners back to tuning bm3 who left previously, like twisted tuning.
MHD Load based tuning is better than a boost based tune like BM3, but they are tools that can lead to the same result in skilled hands. I think the concern is the copying of their specific tuning strategy (like their signature) that can be duplicated, which I get.

No one is forcing anyone to use any specific tuner, and I don't believe the gap between the tuners is that wide.