01-10-2024, 04:06 AM   #1
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X7 M50d

Warranty Issues to look out for

Hi everyone,
My X7 M50d is coming up to 3 years old with 20k miles on the clock.
My BMW dealership has sent me an email offering to carry out a warranty inspection FOC before it expires at the beginning of April.
So that I'm not caught out after the warranty expires, are there any common faults I should be looking out for, that I can check before taking the SUV into the dealership.
I've had a fairly trouble free 3 years since picking up the SUV from new, (apart from some minor electrical gremlins when first owning), and understand that their reliability is very good on older models which makes me wonder whether to purchase an extended warranty from BMW. I love the X7 so much and don't expect to sell it anytime soon.
Many thanks in advance for your help.
      01-10-2024, 06:44 AM   #2
rjabend
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Garage List
2024 X7  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5M50D View Post
Hi everyone,
My X7 M50d is coming up to 3 years old with 20k miles on the clock.
My BMW dealership has sent me an email offering to carry out a warranty inspection FOC before it expires at the beginning of April.
So that I'm not caught out after the warranty expires, are there any common faults I should be looking out for, that I can check before taking the SUV into the dealership.
I've had a fairly trouble free 3 years since picking up the SUV from new, (apart from some minor electrical gremlins when first owning), and understand that their reliability is very good on older models which makes me wonder whether to purchase an extended warranty from BMW. I love the X7 so much and don't expect to sell it anytime soon.
Many thanks in advance for your help.
I have seen transmission/transfer case issues posted and needed oil changes for those systems. Hopefully, someone with more experience can suggest other areas.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 03:48 AM   #3
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X7 M50d

I guess from the lack of response that there are no major issues post 3 years of age