BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum X7 vs. Tesla Model X for Family Use in Central Florida

04-30-2024, 06:56 PM   #45
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3, X7, iX

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
I did the same comparison and went with the X7. At the time our build was about the same price as the X, but the X is much smaller inside and we didn’t want to stop at SC on trips to Florida. The other problem with the X is the falcon wing doors. And the build quality doesn’t hold up like the X7 over time. The seats in the X7 are also much more comfortable. Also, DAPP is much more reliable than FSD or autopilot on the interstate. Phantom braking happens to me too often in our Tesla. The kids absolutely love the X7 and have better sight lines than in the X. Also the windows up above in the Tesla are annoying, especially the windshield. Third row heated seats and HVAC is a huge plus along with its own moonroof in the X7. Gas savings to go with the X doesn’t outweigh the issues listed above. Hope that helps
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 11:59 PM   #46
dinan5m3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e39 m5 e46 m3 g01 x3m40i

Why not have both?

Not in FL.

NC, so some experience with hurricanes.

As for X vs X#, yeah, in my garage, no comparison. Hence looking to replace X3 with X7. X5 is a joke compared to X, let alone compared to X3 in the second row.

As for X interior, yeah, it's not a honda, not even close... lol

As for technology, orange to apple comparison. But the brain of the technology, not even close to BMW. But BMW does get the "bling" (and fit/finish) score. But then again, X#'s are built in SC, not built by "the" german's.
Appreciate 2
      05-01-2024, 09:33 AM   #47
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan5m3 View Post
Why not have both?

Not in FL.

NC, so some experience with hurricanes.

As for X vs X#, yeah, in my garage, no comparison. Hence looking to replace X3 with X7. X5 is a joke compared to X, let alone compared to X3 in the second row.

As for X interior, yeah, it's not a honda, not even close... lol

As for technology, orange to apple comparison. But the brain of the technology, not even close to BMW. But BMW does get the "bling" (and fit/finish) score. But then again, X#'s are built in SC, not built by "the" german's.
This!!! and that's exactly what I did... get both, but be selective. The BMW is a better family SUV, so I got the X7 and we also have the X5..... But the Tesla is a much better Sedan (as the Model S doesn't have many of the issues that the Model X has), so I got the Model S to enjoy all the benefits that Tesla offers as an EV for a dailydrive. I can't think of a better EV to own at all (wish Lucid has Tesla charging stations, but until then, Tesla is the best EV). Still the tech in Tesla is better than Lucid, but I liked the luxury of Lucid cabin.
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2024, 10:57 AM   #48
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
This!!! and that's exactly what I did... get both, but be selective. The BMW is a better family SUV, so I got the X7 and we also have the X5..... But the Tesla is a much better Sedan (as the Model S doesn't have many of the issues that the Model X has), so I got the Model S to enjoy all the benefits that Tesla offers as an EV for a dailydrive. I can't think of a better EV to own at all (wish Lucid has Tesla charging stations, but until then, Tesla is the best EV). Still the tech in Tesla is better than Lucid, but I liked the luxury of Lucid cabin.
I’m debating between a model S and the new model 3 performance. Any advice?

We currently have the X7 and model Y, and want to upgrade the model Y.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 03:43 PM   #49
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfun82 View Post
I’m debating between a model S and the new model 3 performance. Any advice?

We currently have the X7 and model Y, and want to upgrade the model Y.
Comparing the Model 3 to a Model S, is like comparing the Mbenz E class to the C class (or 5 series to 4 or 3 series)…. I don't want to go all the way and say 7 series to 5 series, but that's also applicable. Really it’s similar to that. If you are okay with much smaller car, smaller trunk, and less nimble car, then the Model 3 works. The model 3 is much smaller, the new suspension is better but not as good as the Model S. The range is still way superior for the Model S. The Model S has a central driver screen when the Model 3 is still following cost cutting approaches such us a single screen and no driver screen. The Model S simply feels like the luxury version compared to Model 3, still longer range and more HP. 0-60 sec time really doesn’t matter when you are in the 3 seconds range and lower. If that matters, nothing beats the Model S Plaid 1.99 seconds number. So I don’t see a single attribute that the Model 3 wins other than cost and a smaller size if someone prefers a smaller car. If you have the Model Y, as soon as you drive the Model S you will immediately realize the premium feeling of driving the Model S. I can’t think of anyone who drove both cars that will tell u he’d pick the Model 3 instead of the Model S if price wasn’t an issue (e.g. if they were priced the same).

Last edited by BMW5and7; 05-01-2024 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
rjabend372.50
      05-01-2024, 03:47 PM   #50
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Comparing the Model 3 to a Model S, is like comparing the E class to the C class…. Really it’s exactly that. If you are okay with much smaller car, smaller trunk, and less nimble car, then the Model 3 works. The model 3 is much smaller, the new suspension is better but not as good as the Model S. The range is still way superior for the Model S. The Model S has a central driver screen when the Model 3 is still following cost cutting approaches such us a single screen and no driver screen. The Model S simply feels like the luxury version compared to Model 3, still longer range and more HP. 0-60 sec time really doesn’t matter when you are in the 3 seconds range and lower. If that matters, nothing beats the Model S Plaid 1.99 seconds number. So I don’t see a single attribute that the Model 3 wins other than cost and a smaller size if someone prefers a smaller car. If you have the Model Y, as soon as you drive the Model S you will immediately realize the premium feeling of driving the Model S. I can’t think of anyone who drove both cars that will tell u he’d pick the Model 3 instead of the Model S if price wasn’t an issue (e.g. if they were priced the same).
I bought the iX instead.
Appreciate 1
Young04694.50
      05-01-2024, 04:50 PM   #51
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I bought the iX instead.
I like the all the EVs by BMW from a drivetrain prospective, but I hate the exterior look (they all look so goofy), and I also don’t think the range of any of the BMW offering works for me. U really really really need a 400 miles plus EV so you can use it from 20% to 90%, which leaves you with 280-290 miles of usable range. If I start with a 300 miles EV then that would leave me only 200 miles of usable range, and no am not willing to stop that often on a road trip. Then factor in the lower range expectations on highway at 75MPG speeds, than 200 miles of usable range in the 20 to 90% range drops further to 150 miles if not even lower. Cause the EV range by EPA does NOT assume highway speeds and does NOT factor in u really never wanna go below 10% and that on a road trips it takes forever to charge from 90 to 100% that it makes no sense to try to wait for it to do that.

300 miles (of usable range) is the perfect balance for when we usually need to stop for a bio brake or food…. Anything less than that means that my EV is useless. 300 miles on highways between 10% to 90% battery charge can only be achieved with a 400 EPA range car. That’s leaves Lucid and Tesla Model S as the only options now. Maybe EQS 450+ too with 350 miles is somewhat acceptable but still very marginal.

The reason am saying 90% charge is the upper usable limit is because above that any EV is just too slow in charge so it would be stupid to try to wait for it to go from 90 to 100… and as far as 20% being the lower limit is because I would never risk driving with my family between states taking it to 10% or aiming to arrive at the charger with 5% battery (what if there are not chargers or the chargers are not working)…. Not to mention that batteries get damaged/stressed when used too much below 10%….

So really my concern with any car with less than 400 miles range comes from the fact that with any EV you can only use 70% of the claimed EPA range… and then factor in the fact that on the high way the range drops by another 20 or 30% at highway speeds, all of a sudden your 100% EPA range equals to 100% - 30% - 20% = 50% only the full range.. That’s why 300 miles EV isn’t good for me cause I can only use 150 miles of that range on a highway trip between states. Winter/cold weather? Oh yeah another 15% drop.. it’s crazy. I just can see how I can make it with anything rated at less than 400 miles… I even sometimes feel we really need to have a 500 miles EPA car to get usable range on highways and during winter when all conditions are against u to get your a usable range of 250-300 miles guaranteed all the time all speeds all seasons within a state of charge range that u can re-charge quickly (20-80% battery SOC)

Last edited by BMW5and7; 05-01-2024 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 11:59 AM   #52
XB7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G63 & 24 XB7

Garage List
2024 XB7  [10.00]
What are you going to do to get around with the Tesla when you get a big storm that knocks out power for a couple days down there in FL? These are things you need to consider before going electric.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 12:20 PM   #53
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
I like the all the EVs by BMW from a drivetrain prospective, but I hate the exterior look (they all look so goofy), and I also don’t think the range of any of the BMW offering works for me. U really really really need a 400 miles plus EV so you can use it from 20% to 90%, which leaves you with 280-290 miles of usable range. If I start with a 300 miles EV then that would leave me only 200 miles of usable range, and no am not willing to stop that often on a road trip. Then factor in the lower range expectations on highway at 75MPG speeds, than 200 miles of usable range in the 20 to 90% range drops further to 150 miles if not even lower. Cause the EV range by EPA does NOT assume highway speeds and does NOT factor in u really never wanna go below 10% and that on a road trips it takes forever to charge from 90 to 100% that it makes no sense to try to wait for it to do that.

300 miles (of usable range) is the perfect balance for when we usually need to stop for a bio brake or food…. Anything less than that means that my EV is useless. 300 miles on highways between 10% to 90% battery charge can only be achieved with a 400 EPA range car. That’s leaves Lucid and Tesla Model S as the only options now. Maybe EQS 450+ too with 350 miles is somewhat acceptable but still very marginal.

The reason am saying 90% charge is the upper usable limit is because above that any EV is just too slow in charge so it would be stupid to try to wait for it to go from 90 to 100… and as far as 20% being the lower limit is because I would never risk driving with my family between states [...]
I hear you. I do 60-70 miles a day and the iX has a pretty true range from what I can tell. By comparison the Tesla was 20-30% optimistic. So I can go 3 days without charging. For road trips we have the X7. It looks funny, I agree, but the comfort and luxury are far superior.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 12:20 PM   #54
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB7 View Post
What are you going to do to get around with the Tesla when you get a big storm that knocks out power for a couple days down there in FL? These are things you need to consider before going electric.
I'd first question and ask about the decision of living in such place if it has that much risk getting all the way to not being able to even choose a car I want to drive, lol. . But seriously though, living in areas like these in my view is the main question for me. I never ever had issues or even thought I'd consider living in an area wherein power loss for days has a reasonable possibility that i need to factor in.

In all cases, our family garage never had one car, and I assume that's similar for the average family in the US here. I like the balance of at least having one ICE car in the garage, even if it's a nice cheaper older one. Good for visitors, good for parents, good for dirty jobs/trips/parks, good for emergencies. Exactly why I have a Honda Accord parked that mostly parents use or my visitors staying the weekend or so with us. Good car also to keep it parked in the airport when we go for a long vacation. That's just my way of doing it and I get it's not an option that may work for everyone.

Last edited by BMW5and7; 05-03-2024 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 12:22 PM   #55
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XB7 View Post
Just need solar and a mechanism to protect the solar when a hurricane arrives or hail starts falling.
Appreciate 1
Patgilm182.00
      05-03-2024, 06:27 PM   #56
gsobol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Quote:
I never ever had issues or even thought I'd consider living in an area wherein power loss for days has a reasonable possibility that i need to factor in.
That's partly a problem, I never considered NYC to be in this category either.

There is no place safe if there is a real widespread and prolonged problem. Hurricane Sandy brought so many issues in a such a extended area that it just took a really long time to get it all under control. To be honest, I think such a scenario does not, and frankly it probably shouldn't either, enter into a calculation when purchasing a vehicle.

As I mentioned before, if the power goes out, and there is no fuel delivery for a long while, what are you going to do? Not much, is the answer, and that's the truth. You can run your generator, until the fuel runs out, if there are no fuel deliveries, you are screwed. Maybe if you have one of these whole house generators that run on natural gas, then maybe...

Purchase the vehicle that's best for your needs, not based on a hypothetical disaster scenario. For disaster scenarios, I'm sure there are plenty of prepper youtube videos available.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 08:19 PM   #57
thinhphan
Rep
Drives: x7

Model S is a joke. Test drive the Taycan.
Appreciate 1
mattsrs662.00
      05-04-2024, 10:17 AM   #58
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinhphan View Post
Model S is a joke. Test drive the Taycan.
I test drove them and almost won the bid on a very well depreciated Taycan from CarsAndBids, and thanks god I did. Anyway, every car is a joke when compared to a car with a much higher MSRP. As an EV for what I need, the Taycan is a big joke because once you spec it the way it should be yet with the drivetrain that makes sense, you are already at 150-160K, yet the Model S plaid will smoke the Taycan anytime leaving it in the rearview mirror.. At this price one can buy two base Mode S cars instead of a good equipped Taycan, OR the Model S Plaid and 60-70K cash in the bank saved compared to a (just-fine) built Taycan GTS (I'd not consider the lower trims... Taycan 4S base is 206 mile EPA range (compared to 400 miles for Model S) and that's what I call a joke. A car that I can't even use for a highway trip...hmmm. Ask people who owns the 208 miles EPA Taycan about that 208 miles range become for a pure highway 75-80 MPH road. The base Taycan is 5.1 0-60 and still 15K more expensive than the Model S, slower, less power by 300hp, 5.1 sec 0-60 and closer to 6 sec with lower battery SoC (lol) my Honda Accord would probably beat that. Come on.. Porsche has some great cars but Taycan isn't one of those. Even the Turbo S with a 200K MSRP would still get u 222 miles range only and again we are in the 200K range now. That's not a car I'd even consider as I can do much better in that price range. Pretty nice for the track, but then again on a track the Plaid would smoke it, so I don't see any use-case for the Taycan unless I want an EV to drive in the city, or once a weekend in the track for fun, which still makes no sense then. Between these two cars, there is only one car that is well priced, fast enough for a track and will smoke the other, yet considered a good well-sized family sedan as well with much more room, a trunk that fits my large size 26" mountain bike plus another small size bike or child-bike with only one-side of the rear seats folded leaving at least one kid in the rear seat, a car with decent range that I can take for a trip with family, good charging stations, and yet superior technology.. and that is the S if it's compared to the Taycan it was a super easy decision for a well-rounded car

TLDR: Taycan is a good car, but not well-rounded by all means. Other than great handling, it falls short in terms of technology, space, power, range, 0-60, charging speed, interior space, practicality as a family sedan, price, and performance on the track. The Model S and particularly the plaid gets you all these things together yet cheaper or will keep you with 60K-110K "savings" in the bank compared to the 148-200K Taycan trims that have (just fine) 0-60 and hp power that's still not even close. I assume nobody would even buy the 202 miles range base Taycan with 0 options that would still be close to 100K MSRP anyway.

Last edited by BMW5and7; 05-04-2024 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 11:59 AM   #59
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
I test drove them and almost won the bid on a very well depreciated Taycan from CarsAndBids, and thanks god I did. Anyway, every car is a joke when compared to a car with a much higher MSRP. As an EV for what I need, the Taycan is a big joke because once you spec it the way it should be yet with the drivetrain that makes sense, you are already at 150-160K, yet the Model S plaid will smoke the Taycan anytime leaving it in the rearview mirror.. At this price one can buy two base Mode S cars instead of a good equipped Taycan, OR the Model S Plaid and 60-70K cash in the bank saved compared to a (just-fine) built Taycan GTS (I'd not consider the lower trims... Taycan 4S base is 206 mile EPA range (compared to 400 miles for Model S) and that's what I call a joke. A car that I can't even use for a highway trip...hmmm. Ask people who owns the 208 miles EPA Taycan about that 208 miles range become for a pure highway 75-80 MPH road. The base Taycan is 5.1 0-60 and still 15K more expensive than the Model S, slower, less power by 300hp, 5.1 sec 0-60 and closer to 6 sec with lower battery SoC (lol) my Honda Accord would probably beat that. Come on.. Porsche has some great cars but Taycan isn't one of those. Even the Turbo S with a 200K MSRP would still get u 222 miles range only and again we are in the 200K range now. That's not a car I'd even consider as I can do much better in that price range. Pretty nice for the track, but then again on a track the Plaid would smoke it, so I don't see any use-case for the Taycan unless I want an EV to drive in the city, or once a [...]
You need another TL;DR for your TL;DR section

Tesla: economy car inside with high performance and efficiency and decent looks at a mid market price

Porsche: exotic and luxury with high to top performance at a high to highest price point

Lucid: luxury with high to top performance with mid to highest price point

BMW: luxury with mid to high performance at mid to high price point
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2024, 03:39 PM   #60
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You need another TL;DR for your TL;DR section

Tesla: economy car inside with high performance and efficiency and decent looks at a mid market price

Porsche: exotic and luxury with high to top performance at a high to highest price point

Lucid: luxury with high to top performance with mid to highest price point

BMW: luxury with mid to high performance at mid to high price point
I think u summarized it really well. The only change I'd make is that if we are talking Porsche EVs, I'd take the "top" performance from Porsche and BMW. This only applied to Lucid and Tesla performance, hp and 0-60 wise.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 03:44 PM   #61
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
I think u summarized it really well. The only change I'd make is that if we are talking Porsche EVs, I'd take the "top" performance from Porsche and BMW. This only applied to Lucid and Tesla performance, hp and 0-60 wise.
The sapphire competes with the taycan turbo S, but no one seems to care. The team at Lucid largely came from Tesla and have a better car in terms of interior luxury and performance.

I prefer the iXM60 over the two Teslas we’ve had for numerous reasons. But I’m not a Porsche guy- how could a Macan Turbo EV be better than a similarly priced iXM60 for my use case - I want space and luxury, not performance. But for those who do, it’s a great option.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 04:20 PM   #62
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
The sapphire competes with the taycan turbo S, but no one seems to care. The team at Lucid largely came from Tesla and have a better car in terms of interior luxury and performance.

I prefer the iXM60 over the two Teslas we’ve had for numerous reasons. But I’m not a Porsche guy- how could a Macan Turbo EV be better than a similarly priced iXM60 for my use case - I want space and luxury, not performance. But for those who do, it’s a great option.
Lucid is great. I'd switch to Lucid tomorrow if they can figure out the service in areas/states away from WA/CA and the charging stations. Without access to Tesla charged (which Tesla will never grant to Lucid) the car is big hassle on road trips. The service and risk of the company disappearing anytime is another reason. Otherwise, as a car, the Lucid is the best car among all them now. The Gravity is another SUV that will be great, but again, service and lack of charging stations will kill continue to kill Lucid. I am not into any BMW EV.. the range is a joke. I can't get a car that I can't use for long road trips.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 04:26 PM   #63
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
I am not into any BMW EV.. the range is a joke. I can't get a car that I can't use for long road trips.
Edmunds has the iXM60 with 22” rims at 325 miles of range and the iX50 with 22” rims at 377 miles of range. This is more than the model Y or model X.

That said, the two-car solution of EV for daily and ICE for road trips wins.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 10:20 PM   #64
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcouple View Post
X7 M60i vs. Tesla Model X for Family Use in Central Florida

Hey Bimmerpost fam,

I hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to reach out to those of you who might have experience with both the BMW X7 M60i and the Tesla Model X, particularly in the context of family use in Central Florida.

Here’s our situation: we’re a family of four living in Central Florida, and we’re in need of a reliable family vehicle that can accommodate us and our out-of-state visitors, including grandparents, aunts, and uncles who often come down to escape the northern harsh weather.

Currently, we’re proud owners of a 2013 e92 M3 and a 2018 x3 M40i, both of which have been impeccably maintained and have given us zero issues with routine maintenance. We’ve been loyal to the BMW brand and have even participated in PCD and M driver school, so you could say we’re fully indoctrinated!

However, we’re also open to exploring other options, especially considering the recent price reduction in the Tesla Model X Plaid, which now falls below $100k. This has given us pause in our decision to place an order for the X7 M60i last week.

We’re looking for a vehicle that can serve as both a daily driver and as a means to pick up family members from the airport, as well as make short drives to the coast with the grandparents.

While we love our BMWs, we don’t have any experience with electric vehicles at this point, and we’re curious about the Tesla ownership experience.

So, to those of you who have owned or currently own both the X7 M60i and the Tesla Model X, or have insights into comparing the two, we would greatly appreciate your input. Has the recent price reduction on the Model X Plaid changed your perspective on which vehicle might be the better fit for our family?

Thanks in advance for any insights or help you can provide!
I’ve had 2 Model X and 3 X7’s now. Currently have an XB7 as my daily. The biggest downfall of the Model X is the interior noise. Tesla went cheap on the sound deadening. Highway cruising is loud, simply put. Tech is good, body panel and interior fitment average or so. BMW excels at fit and finish in comparison. The range and range anxiety never bothered me but anyone who doesn’t think getting gas is easier isn’t being truthful while traveling. The idea of charging while taking trips sounds good, grabbing food once is great but the other 6 stops isn’t. I would consider owning a Tesla again but strictly for in town use. I think that’s been echoed in here as well.
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2024, 11:10 PM   #65
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Edmunds has the iXM60 with 22” rims at 325 miles of range and the iX50 with 22” rims at 377 miles of range. This is more than the model Y or model X.

That said, the two-car solution of EV for daily and ICE for road trips wins.
377 miles would be decent, but still my reference for any car I buy is EPA official rating which I think it's in the low 300s for the iX. If it can really make 377 that would be nice. Y or X don't work for me either which is why I passed on them. The only EVs on the market that worked for me were the Lucid and Model S with 19" with more then 400 miles per EPA which seemed quite accurate for what am getting. Until other cars start making enough range, I don't see them as an option. I take my personal daily drive for a road trips and highway trips at least once a month. Anything less than that mileage is an in-town car for me, and in that case I'd rather get an ICE which is exactly what I have anyway for the 2nd and 3rd cars on our garage beside 1 EV. They are all well-rounded, they all have >400 miles gas or EV range, and I have no concerns about any of them serving me on long trips. That's the only way I'd consider another EV.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2024, 07:36 AM   #66
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
377 miles would be decent, but still my reference for any car I buy is EPA official rating which I think it's in the low 300s for the iX. If it can really make 377 that would be nice. Y or X don't work for me either which is why I passed on them. The only EVs on the market that worked for me were the Lucid and Model S with 19" with more then 400 miles per EPA which seemed quite accurate for what am getting. Until other cars start making enough range, I don't see them as an option. I take my personal daily drive for a road trips and highway trips at least once a month. Anything less than that mileage is an in-town car for me, and in that case I'd rather get an ICE which is exactly what I have anyway for the 2nd and 3rd cars on our garage beside 1 EV. They are all well-rounded, they all have >400 miles gas or EV range, and I have no concerns about any of them serving me on long trips. That's the only way I'd consider another EV.
Where I live, gas is $3.80 for premium, so getting 26 mpg on road trips with the family in the X7 is optimal and driving the iX around town is the better use case.
Appreciate 0