F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 340i MPE as port installed accessory
Extreme Powerhouse

04-07-2016, 08:03 PM   #45
Airdog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340ix Sport/track/tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRAVE View Post
Dealer was able to add it on to the build for me

I attached my build and you can see it was added for $1620 MSRP.

I always feel like there's more to add to my build but I can't decide what to add. I'm not interested in HUD or back up camera.
Just found your post !!!
I posted earlier about getting no straight answers on adding the MPE as a PIA......... Can you expand how you were able to added it? My CA was useless and wants me to have their delearship add it after the fact.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 08:11 PM   #46
XRAVE
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog
Quote:
Dealer was able to add it on to the build for me

I attached my build and you can see it was added for $1620 MSRP.

I always feel like there's more to add to my build but I can't decide what to add. I'm not interested in HUD or back up camera.
Just found your post !!!
I posted earlier about getting no straight answers on adding the MPE as a PIA......... Can you expand how you were able to added it? My CA was useless and wants me to have their delearship add it after the fact.
My CA just added it. He's pretty up to date with everything. I would demand he add it now. Show him my build to show its possible.

On a lease your only paying 35% of the MPE cost over 3 years compared to 100% in 1 day.
Current 2020 X7 50i
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 08:14 PM   #47
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
Just found your post !!!
Call Genius and ask someone to follow-up with another department at NJ headquarters to add Z10 to build sheet. Seriously, that easy. Of course tell them that Z10 doesn't show up for the dealer but you know others that were able to add to an incoming delivery.

Coincidently I spoke to Vince today on a similar topic but for a M235i - he confirmed the accessories are available. As soon as I have a production number i'm calling to add the accessories of interest.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 09:29 PM   #48
Airdog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
Sad to say but Tyler has moved to a different department within BMW, and can no longer help with PIA questions. I'm working with someone else to answer a question - I hope she responds just as quick!
I am in a similar situation..... I have been trying for weeks to get MPE added as a PIA at the VDC but the dealership doesn't seem to give a sh!t.

I stumbled upon this thread today and had hope of "Tyler" helping me add to my build ... Which is on a vessel landing at the port in 3 weeks.

Now I see he is gone. Please let me know a sap (please) if your knew contact can be as effective as Tyler. Ugh!

Do you know if the PIA Program pricing is still in affect compared to the same options installed at the dealership?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 09:31 PM   #49
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sad to say but Tyler has moved to a different department within BMW, and can no longer help with PIA questions. I'm working with someone else to answer a question - I hope she responds just as quick!
I am in a similar situation..... I have been trying for weeks to get MPE added as a PIA at the VDC but the dealership doesn't seem to give a sh!t.

I stumbled upon this thread today and had hope of "Tyler" helping me add to my build ... Which is on a vessel landing at the port in 3 weeks.

Now I see he is gone. Please let me know a sap (please) if your knew contact can be as effective as Tyler. Ugh!
I talked to Vince today and he was very helpful... Try him.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 06:45 PM   #50
Airdog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thx u and Xrave ..... I was able to add it by talking with Chris today at BMW Genius. Outstanding!!!

However, my CA sales manager is not pleased. And no discount off MSRP.

But I got MPE!!!

Thx again.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 08:18 PM   #51
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thx u and Xrave ..... I was able to add it by talking with Chris today at BMW Genius. Outstanding!!!

But I got MPE!!!

Thx again.
Screw your CA! Not literally tho :-)

You won't be disappointed.

Talked to Adam about adding accessories to a different order... Waiting for a response. Come onnnnn LSD!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 08:30 PM   #52
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT

Quote:
Quote:

But I got MPE!!!

Thx again.
You should remind your sales manager who the customer is AND point out that you did the leg work that should have been done by your CA. Also, hold back and other dealer incentives are based on MSRP so you are doing them a favor by jacking up the MSRP for them. More profit for them.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 10:29 AM   #53
Airdog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadZarBMR View Post
You should remind your sales manager who the customer is AND point out that you did the leg work that should have been done by your CA. Also, hold back and other dealer incentives are based on MSRP so you are doing them a favor by jacking up the MSRP for them. More profit for them.
I had that discussion with CA (leg work, etc) and reminded them they told me at time of order they agreed to add accessories at cost. Their response was that it was for only items added at time of order and INSTALLED at their dealership.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #54
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadZarBMR View Post
I had that discussion with CA (leg work, etc) and reminded them they told me at time of order they agreed to add accessories at cost. Their response was that it was for only items added at time of order and INSTALLED at their dealership.
So basically they want you to pay for labor or was the deal to have them install at cost and not charge you labor? This is exactly why I called Genius and had Tyler help me with my order. My GSM did not want to meet getbmwparts price and he wanted me to pay labor at $120/hr on top of that. Rather than take my business elsewhere (since I already had an allocaction in production), I took matters into my own hands.

For me, having the parts residualized more than made up for not getting much of a discount on PIAs. Good luck!

Last edited by MadZarBMR; 04-09-2016 at 02:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 01:24 PM   #55
Big Nodge
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340xi 6MT

I have a thread in the main F30 forum on negotiating PIAs, you could check it out for my experience air dog. They tried to do the same thing with me and I just told the sales manager I knew for a fact other dealers discount port installed stuff 10% from MSRP, and that it was souring my experience and would factor into what dealer I used for future BMW purchases. They knocked about 10% off after that.

It is pretty amazing that they are pissed at you for doing their job. Every time I buy a car I marvel at how painful they make it.
Appreciate 2
      04-09-2016, 01:29 PM   #56
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep

Finding a great dealer is like finding a great barber - never want to go anywhere else. The hard part is finding one you want to do business with for life.
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2016, 12:24 AM   #57
Airdog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nodge View Post
I have a thread in the main F30 forum on negotiating PIAs, you could check it out for my experience air dog. They tried to do the same thing with me and I just told the sales manager I knew for a fact other dealers discount port installed stuff 10% from MSRP, and that it was souring my experience and would factor into what dealer I used for future BMW purchases. They knocked about 10% off after that.

It is pretty amazing that they are pissed at you for doing their job. Every time I buy a car I marvel at how painful they make it.
Following the wisdom of this forum .... I was able to get 10% off the PIA MPE today ... But it was embarrassing to arm wrestle over such small $$ ... For me it was how they backed out of the initial agreement that caused me to push .... Thx u Big Nodge madzarbmr Xrave and drexplode

Now we gotta find out how to get MPPK !!!
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2016, 12:28 AM   #58
Airdog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My CA just added it. He's pretty up to date with everything. I would demand he add it now. Show him my build to show its possible.

On a lease your only paying 35% of the MPE cost over 3 years compared to 100% in 1 day.
Any update on our Serenity Ace ship?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2016, 09:01 AM   #59
Big Nodge
Lieutenant
Rep

Nice work. I felt the same way. We were only talking about a couple hundred bucks, but it's the principle. They were telling me things that were flat out untrue and I can't just lay down and take that.
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2016, 09:38 AM   #60
XRAVE
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Any update on our Serenity Ace ship?
On time, 3 more ports before it heads to the US on April 15th
Current 2020 X7 50i
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2016, 06:31 PM   #61
Airdog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is it true the MPE does not enhance HP/Torque on the 340? And the exhaust that is coming out with the MKKP is different than the MPE? If this is true then it seems like a waste of $1500 +/- for nothing more than better sound.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2016, 06:35 PM   #62
cmplaya
Captain
Rep
Drives: B58

Quote:
Is it true the MPE does not enhance HP/Torque on the 340? And the exhaust that is coming out with the MKKP is different than the MPE? If this is true then it seems like a waste of $1500 +/- for nothing more than better sound.
i dont know...but thats why im waiting off until i know for sure
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2016, 07:50 PM   #63
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmplaya
Quote:
i dont know...but thats why im waiting off until i know for sure
MPE is axle back only, I don't believe it adds any performance, but changes the sound. I'm glad that I added it to my build.

Mppk and sound upgrade would definitely require LSD in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2016, 08:32 PM   #64
XRAVE
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
MPE probably doesn't add much to peak power but might add power through out the band like BMS intake does.

If I was buying the car I would probably look for an aftermarket solution but since I'm leasing, I'm only paying 36% of 1500$ so it's a lot better than buying aftermarket.

I'll probably add down pipes and a JB4 down the line and get the perfect sound. Again as lease so I'm not worried what the JB4 will do in the long run. By the time I take delivery and get used to the power it will probably be out of beta.
Current 2020 X7 50i
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 07:32 AM   #65
Airdog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
MPE probably doesn't add much to peak power but might add power through out the band like BMS intake does.

If I was buying the car I would probably look for an aftermarket solution but since I'm leasing, I'm only paying 36% of 1500$ so it's a lot better than buying aftermarket.

I'll probably add down pipes and a JB4 down the line and get the perfect sound. Again as lease so I'm not worried what the JB4 will do in the long run. By the time I take delivery and get used to the power it will probably be out of beta.
I guess I presumed since other Performance Exhausts, like Dinan, increase HP/TQ that the MPE would do the same. And if it doesn't integrate with the MPPK upcoming, then I may cancel the MPE.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 03:57 PM   #66
Big Nodge
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I guess I presumed since other Performance Exhausts, like Dinan, increase HP/TQ that the MPE would do the same. And if it doesn't integrate with the MPPK upcoming, then I may cancel the MPE.
Now THAT will piss your dealer off! I'm possibly going to do the same as I battled mine to discount the m performance front splitter, but now I'm worried it will be too low and might cancel it.
Appreciate 0