BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2023 X7 with Anemic Air Conditioning

View Poll Results: Any new 2023 X7 owners experiencing anemic AC?
Yes 16 32.00%
No 28 56.00%
Yes with comments 6 12.00%
No with comments 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

11-02-2022, 12:47 PM   #67
viperssd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AW X7

I'm also not a fan of the 'AI' climate system. I can get it to work the way I want, but I have to go into multiple menus to accomplish that, adjust the temp mixer and then manually adjust fan speeds and placement.

I wish they had kept a couple of the hard controls.
      11-02-2022, 06:07 PM   #68
Jcd
Rep
Drives: Bmw x7 40 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellis78757@yahoo.com View Post
2023 Anemic AC update: The system has been reviewed by a master tech from BMW corporate and their assessment..."Works fine". -I continue to disagree, but have come to the conclusion that whatever BMW did with this new AC isn't working well enough for this Texas guy. If this is the standard AC for the new X7, it will not work for me. -Sadly, the AC is not the only issue. I continue to receive faults and the air suspension has failed a few times. BMW believes I have a bad module, not sure what that means exactly, but we're expecting a replacement module, but it will be 3-4 months before it arrives from Germany. I'm not sure I'll have this X7 in 3-4 months as I'm just not happy with this, and don't have time for Range Rover like issues. If I wanted perpetual service disruptions, I should have just purchased a RR.
I have the same issue with the AC. And the manager in Fort Lauderdale , Fl told me that the design of the front vents are the problem. So really nothing to do.

I will trade in mine for the new IX they told me is much better than the X7 AC
Appreciate 1
lcd12326.00
      11-02-2022, 11:20 PM   #69
ingleberg1
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcd View Post
I have the same issue with the AC. And the manager in Fort Lauderdale , Fl told me that the design of the front vents are the problem. So really nothing to do.

I will trade in mine for the new IX they told me is much better than the X7 AC
I am in Texas and agree that this is the problem. The new design of the front center vents is completely inadequate. Clearly, they favored form over function, giving small slits for the air to come through. That, together, with the fact that there is no way to disable auto start/stop, is going to make for completely unbearable summers here.
Appreciate 1
lcd12326.00
      11-03-2022, 11:17 AM   #70
U235
23 BMW X7 M60i, 22 Volvo V60 Polestar Engineered
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 M60i, 22 Volvo V60 Pole*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingleberg1 View Post
I am in Texas and agree that this is the problem. The new design of the front center vents is completely inadequate. Clearly, they favored form over function, giving small slits for the air to come through. That, together, with the fact that there is no way to disable auto start/stop, is going to make for completely unbearable summers here.
As stated, I had a 22 X5 loaner, and while it had traditional looking vents, I found them lackluster in their output as well. I think the BMW SUVs just don't have the fan output needed. Even on the LCI X7, the side vents (left of steering wheel and rightmost vent) put out almost nothing, and those vents are normal type vents. It's easy to point to the design, but I don't think it's that, the side vents are horrible and way worse than the new design center output. Also, many cars (Tesla) have these types of narrow slit designs and they work just fine. It's just the volume of air coming out, and as stated, the X5 loaner I had was equally as weak.
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 2016 Cadillac ATS-V 6MT, 2013 Audi S6, 2011 Audi S4 6MT, 2008 BMW Z4MC 6MT, 2008 BMW M3 6MT, 2009 BMW X5 35d
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 08:45 AM   #71
bellis78757@yahoo.com
Rep
Drives: X7, X5M, 330i

Thanks for all of the comments and support on the X7 anemic ac issues. Sadly, the list of issues expanded to the point that I simply do not have time to deal with. BMW will not support a replacement, and this X7 was justifiably, a lemon. I just didn't want to go through the process, no time for that. So, the X7 is out of my garage. I bought a bulletproof Expedition Platinum and while it does not have the X7 ride, the AC works incredibly well, the infotainment works and is intuitive and the suspension, while not being elegant, always keeps the car on the road, unlike the multiple chassis failures on the X7. This will be my last BMW, and I'm actively replacing the ones that I currently own, X5 and 3 series. I'm done with the BMW brand, and am disgusted with their lack of support and accountability. I'll be moving back to Porsche...Bye Bye Bimmer!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 12:36 PM   #72
Chi6488
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 m60i

I am curious as to why no one has measured the temperature for the lci ac.

Could someone put a thermometer preferably an instant read and see what the air coming out reading is

My ford expedition is around 45-55 degrees
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2023, 06:37 AM   #73
RBFX7M60I
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

Yes I agree. The air blower is extremely loud even on low or medium settings. Not much air comes from the vents considering the amount of noise it makes. I’ve been disappointed with the AC in the 23 X7. I’m dreading the hot spring and summer temperatures.
Appreciate 1
lcd12326.00
      03-16-2023, 04:53 PM   #74
MPower10s
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Garage List
2020 here and the air is frigid. Much colder than in my Tesla, and just had the compressor replaced in that car
Appreciate 2
Chi648894.00
MystroX56289.50
      03-18-2023, 11:31 AM   #75
Chi6488
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower10s View Post
2020 here and the air is frigid. Much colder than in my Tesla, and just had the compressor replaced in that car
You are correct. The air is cold and works great. Just picked up my m60i Thursday

Either settings incorrectly or true problem. Based upon what I’ve read on other posts it’s probably improper use I think.

I live in FL and it’s been low 80’s with ac cold for now.
Appreciate 1
BMWX735.50
      05-18-2023, 04:11 PM   #76
rmwill77
Registered
Rep
Drives: X7

My a/c on my 2023 X7 is awful in the front seats. You can barley feel the air coming out of the front vents. Even if it is not extremely hot outside if your car has been sitting directly in sunlight it takes forever for the internal tempature to cool down. This is so frustrating. The back vents blow our hair very fast while the front you can barley feel them coming out. Such a shame to spend this much money on a car and. It be able to have workable AC.
Appreciate 1
lcd12326.00
      05-18-2023, 04:53 PM   #77
JJacksonIII
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmwill77 View Post
My a/c on my 2023 X7 is awful in the front seats. You can barley feel the air coming out of the front vents. Even if it is not extremely hot outside if your car has been sitting directly in sunlight it takes forever for the internal tempature to cool down. This is so frustrating. The back vents blow our hair very fast while the front you can barley feel them coming out. Such a shame to spend this much money on a car and. It be able to have workable AC.
One thing to try is to go into the climate settings and increase the fan speed. And choose Dynamic instead of balanced. Then make sure you set the seats to very high or even max, for the ventilated seats. These are pre-sets of sorts. Once you make those changes get out of the climate settings and tap the temp gauge down into the 60s. And of course make sure you have the vents opened up.

And even then you are held hostage by the BMW software and it's decisions on how cold to make the A/C and how hard to blow it. Many people were complaining last fall and I didn't have any issues, because I live in Chicago and didn't need A/C until this spring, so I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to get the inside comfortable in hot weather. And we haven't even experienced hot weather yet. I am truly worried about driving this thing in July and August.

In my other vehicles, I could put the setting to 72 degrees and it wouldn't matter if it was winter or summer, it would mostly be comfortable. With my X7 I find myself going down to 65 for long stretches, and still feeling warm, and then jumping back up to 75 at other times, and still feeling cold. That's just stupid and bad engineering. So far I can deal with it, but like I said, I really worry about driving this thing around when it's 95 and sunny.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2023, 06:39 PM   #78
Chi6488
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I live in central fl humid and hot. AC works like it should. Play with it to learn how to use it.

Learn how the car works due to government pressures so you can enjoy your car.

Maybe read through threads also because people do post solutions

When I first ordered my x7 I was worried about this issue.. the first few days had me nervous but once I learned the vehicle and how to use the AC all is good. Still hate the ventilated seats coming from ac seats. Night and day.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 10:27 PM   #79
Tinbad
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Our 2020 X7 M50i, with ambient air, had very lackluster AC too. Sorry to hear you’ve been having so many problems with it. Had tons of (mostly relatively minor but annoying) issues with ours too with 0 support from BMW so dumped our last year. For a 120k MSRP vehicle I expected a lot more. Unfortunately BMW is now more of a mass market brand than a luxury one and quality/service is taking a hit…

We also went to an American yacht on wheels (new Suburban) but I really miss the ride of the X7, there’s nothing that can carry all 4 of our kids in that level of comfort so I’ve been eyeing a used, pre-COVID fully loaded one with hopefully no issues.

Enjoy the Expedition, I thought the turbo spool was kinda cool on it a few times I rented one.
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2023, 03:17 PM   #80
rmwill77
Registered
Rep

I have looked at all the manuals and settings. The front vents just don’t work right plain and simple. The vents in the back are full force and I can feel the air hitting my hand a long distance away. The front vents I have to put my hand literally right next to the vent tip feel anything coming out of them. Cooled seats at 3, max ac on, 5 fan speed and nothing! So frustrating!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
maelfyn156.50
      05-31-2023, 06:10 PM   #81
Chi6488
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I have looked at all the manuals and settings. The front vents just don’t work right plain and simple. The vents in the back are full force and I can feel the air hitting my hand a long distance away. The front vents I have to put my hand literally right next to the vent tip feel anything coming out of them. Cooled seats at 3, max ac on, 5 fan speed and nothing! So frustrating!
The ventilated seats are worthless and seems like manufacturers are headed that way. I don’t even use. It seems like when I first turn on car and use the vent seats it is hotter than not using. Haven’t used after car is cool.
I sleep with temps around 66 in my bedroom and house we keep at 74

Yesterday driving from Miami home to Ocala from 11 and got home at 6 it was 90 at least and we had ac on 1.

I start off with “auto” and all vents on. I chose dynamic i think. After comfortable I switch to regular mode so i can control fans better

When I leave work I sit at a light right as I pull out of parking lot and long light. I have to make sure car is not in “ready” mode. Let your foot off ever so lightly to keep car running.

Any car’s ac will be colder going down road than sitting. So if you are sitting in traffic in “ready” mode you”ll die of heat.

I live in central fl and we don’t get beach winds like coastal. It’s hot Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 10:26 PM   #82
Rup91
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5/ 2024 X7 40i

The wife and I just received our 2024 40i. I just did the first drive today at 15 miles and I am extremely dissapointed with the a/c system. Admittedly, we did drive in probably the hottest part of the day here in Houston Texas. 98+ F + high humidity, not the ideal time. We must of driven it for 30 minutes and we were both sweating.

When idling at a light or parked, I did notice the a/c temperature blowing from the vents would rise, and once we started driving it would cool more. Enough for me to notice it. After reading some of the threads in this forum, I turned off auto a/c, enable air circulation (not auto), and it yielded better but not good enough results.

We just received the unit so we don’t have ceramic tint yet. We did have the pano shades closed. I feel extremely dissapointed by something that I feel shouldn’t be an issue in today’s day and age. I am hoping that there is actually something wrong. The wife somewhat dismissed it as she is still too excited about the car but I know it will bother her more as we continue to experience these brutal summers.

Its a $100k+ car, we shouldn’t have to create the perfect environment for the a/c to work as intended. The a/c on my M5 blows ice, not sure how BMW dropped the ball on this one.
Appreciate 3
      06-12-2023, 06:15 PM   #83
Brinkley77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Cadillac SRX

Garage List
2024   [0.00]
BMW X7  [0.00]
So I was starting to get very concerned about the AC. I live in Texas, and it was 98 today.

The dealership had a 24’ 60i, so I test-drove. AC was horrible. So bad I was reconsidering the X7 altogether.

I returned today to see how long it would take to cool down. It was forever, and the AC was spotty cool. I’m also 99% sure the seats were not blowing anything.

I asked to try another. So we tried a 2024 X7 40i. AC was normal. Not the best AC I’ve ever felt, but it worked. I cooled the car in a pretty good amount of time and it stayed cool.

This Restored my faith. So I do plan on ordering one. I will test another 60i before ordering. But if you have anemic air I would have service look at it. My SA took this one off the lot and into her service department.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 2
Rup9168.50
      06-12-2023, 07:37 PM   #84
SSM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rup91 View Post
The wife and I just received our 2024 40i. I just did the first drive today at 15 miles and I am extremely dissapointed with the a/c system. Admittedly, we did drive in probably the hottest part of the day here in Houston Texas. 98+ F + high humidity, not the ideal time. We must of driven it for 30 minutes and we were both sweating.

When idling at a light or parked, I did notice the a/c temperature blowing from the vents would rise, and once we started driving it would cool more. Enough for me to notice it. After reading some of the threads in this forum, I turned off auto a/c, enable air circulation (not auto), and it yielded better but not good enough results.

We just received the unit so we don’t have ceramic tint yet. We did have the pano shades closed. I feel extremely dissapointed by something that I feel shouldn’t be an issue in today’s day and age. I am hoping that there is actually something wrong. The wife somewhat dismissed it as she is still too excited about the car but I know it will bother her more as we continue to experience these brutal summers.

Its a $100k+ car, we shouldn’t have to create the perfect environment for the a/c to work as intended. The a/c on my M5 blows ice, not sure how BMW dropped the ball on this one.
When it's hot just put it in Sport Mode. That way the engine will not shut off at stoplights which puts the A/C in Limp Mode.

2023 M5 Comp Skyscraper Grey,Executive Pack, Drivers Assistance, B&W, 789's.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2023, 07:39 PM   #85
Rup91
Private
No_Country
Rep

Well….

I got about 4 phone calls today from the wife complaining about the a/c lol.

Going to dealer tomorrow morning, I will report back here with findings.
Appreciate 3
MystroX56289.50
lcd12326.00
      06-13-2023, 08:20 PM   #86
Rup91
Private
No_Country
Rep

Update….

BMW found the A/C relay to be defective; compressor wouldn’t engage 100% of the time. After reading the service manual, I made some adjustments to the a/c settings as well and made it a lot more effective.

In addition, I took it to get the windows tinted. Xpel prime plus on the windows, sunroof, and windshield. A/c is a problem of the past alas!

Happy wife happy life
Appreciate 3
MystroX56289.50
lcd12326.00
      06-13-2023, 08:41 PM   #87
Brinkley77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Cadillac SRX

Garage List
2024   [0.00]
BMW X7  [0.00]
That’s great. Glad they fixed it and you are happy with the car. I can’t wait to order ours.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2023, 09:38 PM   #88
hotwasabipeas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 Honda Civic Type-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi6488 View Post
When I first ordered my x7 I was worried about this issue.. the first few days had me nervous but once I learned the vehicle and how to use the AC all is good.
I guess the point people are making is that you shouldn't have to "learn" how to use the A/C system. Having it on Auto and at a temperature of your choosing should be more than adequate to keep the interior comfortable. It's not working like that for some people and that's a problem. A poster in this thread supposedly dumped his new X7 for an Expedition because he couldn't get the climate control to keep him comfortable. There appears to be some issue with the climate system in an X7.
Appreciate 1