BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum OUR NEW RIDE(s) - Good/bad/Congrats??!!

03-11-2023, 09:42 AM   #23
awesoM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 edrive35 2022 X7 M50

Looks great. But curious why you did not keep the 2022x7 vs selling the 2019? Love the Benz except the light color leather, keeping it free from dye transfer will be a constant thing. If Lux cruising is what you are looking forI think you hit the mark.

You are right the X5 is nothing to be excited about, being an owner of a few of them. If I am not mistaken the front dimensions cockpit and passenger on X5s is exactly the same for the X7 of similar vintage. So unless you look to the back you might not know it was a 5 or a 7 🤪
94 325is/07 528i/08 X5 3.0/08 328i Conv/11 X5 35i Prem/12 X5 35d/12 335i Conv/15 328d/15 328GT/15 X3 28d #1/15 X3 28d #2/16 X3 35i/16 X5M/16 M4 Conv/17 330e/21 X5 45e - Arctic Grey/21 X5 45e - Alpine White /21 330e Xdrive/I4 e35
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2023, 04:00 PM   #24
007 G07
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 X7 M50i, '05 Odyssey EX-L

Garage List
BMW5and7 Congratulations on the G05 and facelifted W222! They sure are quite splendid choices for the purposes you have assigned for them. And yeah, the W222 facelift is definitely an end-all-be-all kind of vehicle for that class of vehicles - especially optioned like how you have it. I can also relate to the long search process you've had to endure to find such vehicles as I searched every day for 18 months for my unicorn build 2020 X7 M50i.

I do have a couple of questions regarding your rationale on some of the specs on your W222 facelift, including your choice to opt for this particular model itself, the S560 4MATIC:

(1) I know you were considering the M760i (G12 LCI) and so I was wondering why not the S65 AMG sedan (both are V12's and sedans)? I don't have any experience with it, but I hear that it compromises too much on the ride comfort, whereas the M760i does not with similar performance. I was just wondering your take on that. I know apart from the diminished ride, the S65 is offered only in rear-wheel-drive so traction on wet surfaces might also be a point to consider ... Just curious to know your thoughts.

(2) I was also wondering your reason for opting for the the 5-seat layout as opposed to the 4-seat configuration. Your spec is the best that one could have possibly done (with the exception of the rear refrigerator and wireless charging in rear); nonetheless, I just would like to know if you ever considered the 4-seat with the "Executive Rear Seat Package Plus." My guess is either the lack of availability of such a spec, given your mileage and other parameters on purchasing a lightly used car, or that you might not make use of the 4-seat layout to the fullest extent with that few extras that it has to offer. Just wanted to hear from you on this aspect.

(3) Probably getting tired of this, but here's another "did you consider" question for you just for my insight haha: Did you ever consider looking at the S560 rear-wheel-drive sedan? The reason I ask is because that's the only way (other than going with the S65) to equip the car with the Magic Body Control (basically, active suspension). Did you consider that feature? Doing my research from reviews and lurking around in W222 forums as well as from vicarious experiences, I personally think you made the superior choice in not getting the Magic Body Control - whether that was intentional on your part or not - as it works less than half the time and you get reduced traction advantage, which is definitely something to value with a big sedan like the S-class. I'm on your side, but I just want to know more about the factors you considered in your search for such an impressive car. Basically, just want to know if I'm the only crazy person who combs through every last detail, which my friends and family (lol) think not too highly of - as in, they think it's a waste of time, effort, and energy lol ... but I feel people like you and I see that value in it and appreciate it.

(4) My last question is simply, what model year is the W222 facelift? The reason I ask is just to know if purchasing an outgoing-generation vs. a yester-generation vehicle is something you typically consider when looking at switching vehicles (especially in relatively short time span). Or, is it just the age (among other criteria like previous usage, previous maintenance, intact records, mileage, etc.) of the car - used enough to not take the depreciation hit but not too used so as to deal with potential reliability concerns? I am, personally, a person who buys gently used, low mileage vehicles, but I always buy them at the final year of the pre-facelift stage so that I can still drive a vehicle that is still in the outgoing generation for another 4-5 years typically (sometimes a little more or a little less). I was just wondering if that is ever something you look for in your purchases.

Again, congratulations on your cars! ... And, sorry for the essay-like prompts; not necessarily expecting an essay response hahaha.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2023, 06:03 PM   #25
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesoM View Post
Looks great. But curious why you did not keep the 2022x7 vs selling the 2019? Love the Benz except the light color leather, keeping it free from dye transfer will be a constant thing. If Lux cruising is what you are looking forI think you hit the mark.

You are right the X5 is nothing to be excited about, being an owner of a few of them. If I am not mistaken the front dimensions cockpit and passenger on X5s is exactly the same for the X7 of similar vintage. So unless you look to the back you might not know it was a 5 or a 7 🤪
Thanks!
There are a few threads on the 2021+ builds to present have some rattle and increased road noise, and the worse was wind noise. We like our 2019 much better and it’s more quiet with zero rattles. Others experience and ears could be different, but am super sensitive to noises and my personal conclusion was that my 2022 and most all other post-covid builds had some insulation parts switched or changed causing more noises (doors also were not as tight against wind noise). We decided to keep the 2019. More importantly, 2019 has more packages that are not available today.

Light interiors are my preferred despite dye transfer. I am super meticulous about keeping my interiors clean so that’s not a problem. For kids/school/parks/groceries vehicle, we now have the X5 with the coffee merino interior so that was a perfect fit for its use. The S and X7 are treated like true toys and are babied and ALWAYS hand washed only.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2023, 06:15 PM   #26
awesoM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 edrive35 2022 X7 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
Thanks!
There are a few threads on the 2021+ builds to present have some rattle and increased road noise, and the worse was wind noise. We like our 2019 much better and it’s more quiet with zero rattles. Others experience and ears could be different, but am super sensitive to noises and my personal conclusion was that my 2022 and most all other post-covid builds had some insulation parts switched or changed causing more noises (doors also were not as tight against wind noise). We decided to keep the 2019. More importantly, 2019 has more packages that are not available today.

Light interiors are my preferred despite dye transfer. I am super meticulous about keeping my interiors clean so that’s not a problem. For kids/school/parks/groceries vehicle, we now have the X5 with the coffee merino interior so that was a perfect fit for its use. The S and X7 are treated like true toys and are babied and ALWAYS hand washed only.
Awesome to hear. I have only had the 2022 one so no way for me to compare. Mine sounds pretty standard quiet for an X vehicle. Enjoy!
94 325is/07 528i/08 X5 3.0/08 328i Conv/11 X5 35i Prem/12 X5 35d/12 335i Conv/15 328d/15 328GT/15 X3 28d #1/15 X3 28d #2/16 X3 35i/16 X5M/16 M4 Conv/17 330e/21 X5 45e - Arctic Grey/21 X5 45e - Alpine White /21 330e Xdrive/I4 e35
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2023, 08:46 PM   #27
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 G07 View Post
BMW5and7 Congratulations on the G05 and facelifted W222! …//…

I do have a couple of questions regarding your rationale on some of the specs on your W222 facelift ..///..
Answers to your 4 questions:

(1) Why not S65 if I was considering the M760
: well, the S560 drives more like M760 than the S65 does. The S65 has a very harsh drive and is not comfortable at all. Plus, brakes on the S65 costs THOUSANDS of dollars (literally 4-6 times more than S560 or M760). S65 is a different animal. Another concern I had is the S65 drives like a monster. I wanted the comfort executive drive when I want it (which the M760 and S560 offer, but the S65 drives 24/7 like a monster. Finally, S65 is only RWD, and I must have 4-Matic.

(2) 5 seat vs 4-seat + rear refrigerator and wireless charging:

First let’s be honest, in the pre-owned market, when searching for a fully loaded vehicle, you can find 19 out of 20 options you want, but not always all 20s otherwise you might have to keep waiting forever. However, honestly I still prefer it with 5 seats. I hate the tunnel in the 4 seats and I actually filtered out any 4 seater. Plus, I want that extra space. We travel as a family and I would rather have that extra space to play an extra bag or so, or even to have an extra seat and space whenever needed for anything. As for rear refrigerator (trunk is so small in these cars, and I do not really want it). If it had it, therefrigerator would be 100% removed. Finally, rear seat wireless charging: I prefer the USB port because most of the time u r USING the device when in the back, and secound, the wireless charging adds a pad that looks ugly. Without wireless charging, the central armrest looks more luxurious and finished with wood and cup-holders.

(3) Magic body control:
Awesome feature, but it is ONLY avaialble on RWD. Having AWD (4-Matic) is a must have. I also run winter tires in winter, we get very very very harsh winter here with a lot of snow and black ice and I travel a lot on highways. I must have 4-matic. Also, resale of RWD cars is so poor in areas that get a lot of snow. Anything that is RWD was filtered out from my search, and hence MBC is out.

(4) what model years?
I honestly searched for all facelift model years of this generation (2018-2020). My only concern was finding one with 20K miles min and 39K mikes max as this is the sweet spot for depreciation yet giving me enough miles to drive before it’s value drops too much. Below 20K miles I will share the major depreciation, so I do not want that, and above 40K miles that is too much. 20K-40K miles is perfect, and mine is exactly in the middle of that range. It is gently used car, even all accessories are still wrapped in their factory plastic wrap. Rear seats never sat on.
Appreciate 1
007 G0745.50
      03-11-2023, 11:37 PM   #28
007 G07
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thank you BMW5and7 for your response! Hearing people's reasoning is always as interesting and intriguing as the cars themselves ... for me, at least. It's also refreshing to hear that you did, in fact, consider minute factors like this as, like I mentioned, I definitely get so much flak for combing through every last nuance.

I guess the downside to that is actually something you touched on: I take forever to find a (lightly) used car. I spent 1.5 years (every single day, 3-4 times a day, rolling through national inventory and contacting dealers on weekends) finding my fully-loaded, unicorn build 2020 X7 M50i and so if I were like you and kept my cars for 1-1.5 years, then that would mean I would need to start searching for my next car the minute I buy my car lol. So it's definitely time commitment that doesn't make sense - the only reason it made sense for me was because I was just working from home (still am :// ) and was in no rush as this was during peak COVID (5/2/20 - 11/21/21). I'm glad you were able to find yours in much better time!

Once again, congratulations on the G05 and S560 4MATIC! I am very happy for you, and I hope you enjoy them!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2023, 07:25 PM   #29
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thank you BMW5and7 for your response! Hearing people's reasoning is always as interesting and intriguing as the cars themselves ... for me, at least. It's also refreshing to hear that you did, in fact, consider minute factors like this as, like I mentioned, I definitely get so much flak for combing through every last nuance.

I guess the downside to that is actually something you touched on: I take forever to find a (lightly) used car. I spent 1.5 years (every single day, 3-4 times a day, rolling through national inventory and contacting dealers on weekends) finding my fully-loaded, unicorn build 2020 X7 M50i and so if I were like you and kept my cars for 1-1.5 years, then that would mean I would need to start searching for my next car the minute I buy my car lol. So it's definitely time commitment that doesn't make sense - the only reason it made sense for me was because I was just working from home (still am :// ) and was in no rush as this was during peak COVID (5/2/20 - 11/21/21). I'm glad you were able to find yours in much better time!

Once again, congratulations on the G05 and S560 4MATIC! I am very happy for you, and I hope you enjoy them!!!
Thanks again, and I hope u are also enjoying what you have. I don't usually shop 24/7, but I am usually aware of what is available within 400 miles radius from me and I search every single weekend just so am aware of the market and what's available. As soon as I see a deal or a car that I feel I must get or can't let go, I don't mind selling/trade what I have for it. Life is too short and I'd rather enjoy it, and since I buy conservatively and mostly pre-owned, my average cost for enjoying all/most my toys is still less than half the average lease cost of the same car but new and in many cases, the car was free if I made money on it though that can be rare. If I have something in mind, then sometimes I find myself searching for 9-months just like this S560 or the M760. I think the M760 will age and become too old now before I can consider it, and the new 7-series doesn't stand up to my expectations specially cosmetically which is really sad...
Appreciate 2
jphcbpa317.50
007 G0745.50
      03-12-2023, 11:26 PM   #30
007 G07
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks again, and I hope u are also enjoying what you have. I don't usually shop 24/7, but I am usually aware of what is available within 400 miles radius from me and I search every single weekend just so am aware of the market and what's available. As soon as I see a deal or a car that I feel I must get or can't let go, I don't mind selling/trade what I have for it. Life is too short and I'd rather enjoy it, and since I buy conservatively and mostly pre-owned, my average cost for enjoying all/most my toys is still less than half the average lease cost of the same car but new and in many cases, the car was free if I made money on it though that can be rare. If I have something in mind, then sometimes I find myself searching for 9-months just like this S560 or the M760. I think the M760 will age and become too old now before I can consider it, and the new 7-series doesn't stand up to my expectations specially cosmetically which is really sad...
Yeah! You definitely are a lot more successful at straddling the best of what you want with the time it takes to find it. Leveraging those has always been somewhat of a struggle for me so it was definitely nice having to gain some insight and wisdom haha for my next purchase (which I might have inadvertently started already lol).

And yeah, I agree with the styling of the new 7-series! I have definitely gotten used to the front end styling, but it is such a departure from its previous iterations ... Definitely looks like a giant, rolling slab, which is characteristically Rolls-Royce body-design language, but BMW's execution of it on the new 7-series is more akin to an old British taxi with its large grilles than anything from Goodwood.

Curious to know what your thoughts on the W223 if you entertain that - I know this is a BMW forum after all ... I think one thing that the new 7 series has over the new W223 is its distinctness among BMW's lineup. I feel like the W223 is anonymous for those who can't get a clear view of its rear badge and the interior is equally as ambiguous with C- and E-class cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 09:32 AM   #31
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yeah! You definitely are a lot more successful at straddling the best of what you want with the time it takes to find it. Leveraging those has always been somewhat of a struggle for me so it was definitely nice having to gain some insight and wisdom haha for my next purchase (which I might have inadvertently started already lol).

And yeah, I agree with the styling of the new 7-series! I have definitely gotten used to the front end styling, but it is such a departure from its previous iterations ... Definitely looks like a giant, rolling slab, which is characteristically Rolls-Royce body-design language, but BMW's execution of it on the new 7-series is more akin to an old British taxi with its large grilles than anything from Goodwood.

Curious to know what your thoughts on the W223 if you entertain that - I know this is a BMW forum after all ... I think one thing that the new 7 series has over the new W223 is its distinctness among BMW's lineup. I feel like the W223 is anonymous for those who can't get a clear view of its rear badge and the interior is equally as ambiguous with C- and E-class cars.
I don't see the new 7-series ever growing on me; not a fan of the overall style (the rear and sides looks terrible, and car looks high/elevated). I prefer the aggressive look of the 7-series 2020-2022 LCI generation. As for new W223, I like it a lot and changed my mind the first time I saw one in person, specially the rear-end. It looks great and I do see myself getting on after about 3-4 years or so. The front is fine, not as good as W222 but the rear/side/interior look great. You're saying it looks like a C or E class, and I agree that some people who are not so into the brand may confuse and E or C for an S-class, but there is no way anyone would confuse the S for an E or C (the opposite). The S despite having similar design to the E or C, looks so unique in terms of how it sets on the ground and how long/wide it is. The rear end in person looks different. All Mbenz generations have always looked similar, but people never had issues disguising an S-class when it is around (in 2002-2005, the E/S/C all looked similar) The same for older generation (1995-2001). 2018-2013 era was the only exception.

However, the problem is that the majority of the 2021-2022 when the W223 generation was released came without any of the unique lux options... so one owuld have to wait for a 2023 model years and up to be in the pre-owned market certified at a reasonable price, which could be at least 4 years from today (3-years end of lease + 1 year for market saturation) to allow for majority of depreciation to have already been absorbed by 1st owner. So, with that said, I think it won't be anytime soon before I can consider a W223. Perhaps in between when am ready for a W223 and my current W222, I may consider the Audi A7/S7 but that's unlikely. I need to settle on my feel for sometime now and forget about trades for at least 2-4 years.

Last edited by BMW5and7; 03-13-2023 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 1
007 G0745.50
      03-13-2023, 02:06 PM   #32
jphcbpa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i & 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
I don't see the new 7-series ever growing on me; not a fan of the overall style (the rear and sides looks terrible, and car looks high/elevated). I prefer the aggressive look of the 7-series 2020-2022 LCI generation. As for new W223, I like it a lot and changed my mind the first time I saw one in person, specially the rear-end. It looks great and I do see myself getting on after about 3-4 years or so. The front is fine, not as good as W222 but the rear/side/interior look great. You're saying it looks like a C or E class, and I agree that some people who are not so into the brand may confuse and E or C for an S-class, but there is no way anyone would confuse the S for an E or C (the opposite). The S despite having similar design to the E or C, looks so unique in terms of how it sets on the ground and how long/wide it is. The rear end in person looks different. All Mbenz generations have always looked similar, but people never had issues disguising an S-class when it is around (in 2002-2005, the E/S/C all looked similar) The same for older generation (1995-2001). 2018-2013 era was the only exception.

However, the problem is that the majority of the 2021-2022 when the W223 generation was released came without any of the unique lux options... so one owuld have to wait for a 2023 model years and up to be in the pre-owned market certified at a reasonable price, which could be at least 4 years from today (3-years end of lease + 1 year for market saturation) to allow for majority of depreciation to have already been absorbed by 1st owner. So, with that said, I think it won't be anytime soon before I can consider a W223. Perhaps in between when am ready for a W223 and my current W222, I may consider the Audi A7/S7 but that's unlikely. I need to settle on my feel for sometime now and forget about trades for at least 2-4 years.
Would you have an comparison opinion of the m550i vs m760i ? Curious your thoughts if available. My wife has a 2018 M550i and I have been looking to replace with a 2020+ M550. Also looked at m760i since it offers more luxury with full leather and easier to find one with Bowers.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 02:40 PM   #33
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphcbpa View Post
Would you have an comparison opinion of the m550i vs m760i ? Curious your thoughts if available. My wife has a 2018 M550i and I have been looking to replace with a 2020+ M550. Also looked at m760i since it offers more luxury with full leather and easier to find one with Bowers.
I don’t have a good baseline to talk about that. I had a 5-series before (530e PHEV) but generally I’d never lay too much for a mid-size vehicle like the 5-series or E-class. My daily drive if not a large SUV, has always been a large lux sedan of the 7-series or S-class size. I don’t like how the mid/full size vehicles drive. I’d always go with 7-series if am considering the high-end fully loaded variants. We got the 530e PHEV for very specific reasons but not as a daily drive for me.

Last edited by BMW5and7; 03-13-2023 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 1
jphcbpa317.50
      03-13-2023, 10:18 PM   #34
007 G07
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Yeah, I used to be quite adept at distinguishing C, E, and S classes in a fraction of a second even at a distance. I just haven't seen too many where I live to really exercise my identification abilities with the new generation. After taking a better look after your post, though, I think I can definitely see what you mean with the increased track width just from pictures, which means the difference should be more pronounced in person. However, I'm not able to get a sense of the rear width being appreciably wider than on the W223 versus the new W206 and W213 facelifts, but as you said, it's probably better to tell in person - it's just that I don't see many where I live.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2023, 10:45 AM   #35
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i M Sport

Nice ride. My favorite sedan to date. Would have it in the garage if it could carry two large electric bikes and two 14 foot kayaks.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 02:42 PM   #36
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
I think you chose wisely. Brilliant choice on the RSE. Another ultra luxury must have.
Just play around with what you can do with the night vision like a new toy. Once you know it’s strengths and limitations, it really becomes a asset. I keep my night vision up as a split screen with my map. I also have it set up as a split screen with my media. It’s very “aviation cockpit” like feeling.

My son is going to be driving soon so we are giving him my wife’s A4 s-line and she wants a small/mid SUV. I am thinking anything from a X3 to a Cayenne base. We will probably go ultra low mileage CPO. It’s going to live outside. My fleet of vehicles lives inside.

FYI: Coming Merino Ivory on my last X5, you need Sonax Leather kit. The leather cleaner is foamy and does wonders with removing any clouding, smudges or slight staining on ivory leather. Your leather will glow afterwards. You can easily spot clean with as you see them. I kept my ivory leather like new when it was traded in for my current X7M50i.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/sona...ather-kit.html
MystroX5

Thanks for the SONAX kit recommendation. I got the kit and spent 1 to 1.5 hours working on the front seats today. They are back to LIKE NEW condition despite they were very clean, but one think I liked that products left no residue, did not alter the factory leather smell, and also made the leather feel a bit more soft, and removed some of the aging wrinkles on the side bolster that I thought were permanent!

Perforated leather don't look good in photos but I'll try.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-22-2023, 09:57 AM   #37
Stork1
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw m5

BMW5and7

Beautiful W222! I'm actually cross shopping the W222 (s450) and the X7.

Could you post some basic observations between the 2? Apart from being very different in form and function I guess you could somewhat compare the ride quality?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 10:03 AM   #38
srbabu790
Commander ||
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stork1 View Post
BMW5and7

Could you post some basic observations between the 2? Apart from being very different in form and function I guess you could somewhat compare the ride quality?
Looking at this and some similar ones. Is this something worth buying? Is that a good price for the mileage ?
https://www.arrowheadbmw.com/auto/pr...e-az/74623541/
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 11:17 AM   #39
jphcbpa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i & 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbabu79 View Post
Looking at this and some similar ones. Is this something worth buying? Is that a good price for the mileage ?
https://www.arrowheadbmw.com/auto/pr...e-az/74623541/
Thanks
Is that one certified ?

good records and brakes / tires new
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 01:40 PM   #40
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stork1 View Post
BMW5and7

Comparing W222 S560 to BMW X7 50/M50 doesn’t do either of them justice; it will not be fair as both possess different unique use-cases but I will do my best to share what I think as I have both now:

Luxury: That won’t be fair to the X7, the S-class would compare better to loaded 7-series in that sense, so certainly the S-class is a clear winner in Luxury. Seats are way more comfortable, massage is a true massage on Mbenz while my X7 offers rather soft massage that don’t do much. Rear seats recliners with foot rest and real massage in the rear site and more comfortable seating is another plus. So, for S-class to win against the X7 it will have to be well loaded with options, otherwise they would be both equally good. A fully loaded S-class MSPR is higher than X7, so keep that in mind. In the used car market, the different between the two is not that much (you get more benefits buying pre-owned W222 S-class than an X7, because the W222 had already depreciated well, while the X7 is about to start depreciating well now since there are many of these coming back from lease, used market starts to get more of these SUVs than ever before, and it is not an exclusive (new generation) anymore as it was 3-4 years ago.

Sportiness: 100% the X7 50/M50 wins this battle. If it was an S63/S65 vs the X7 that would be a different story (maybe), but compared to S560, they drive so different. X7 50i drives like a beast and is very responsive, you hear the engine and exhaust sound as if u r driving a monster. S-class BY DESIGN is different, it is silent and smooth and you hear NOTHING. You have to drive it in Sport mode to get the sporty response (not still lower engine sound). They are both designed on the complete opposite side of the spectrum in terns of executive comfort drive vs sportiness.

Comfort: This is really tough because the X7 is the most comfort SUV I ever had, but the S-class is the most comfort vehicle I ever owned on my live. I don’t think you can make the X7 any better in comfort with the current DHP being an SUV (so great work by BMW), but as a sedan, the comfort in S-class (with or without Magic Body Control) is so much better. Nowadays, unless we need the space, we take the S-class for long trips. The X7 is as comfortable as a vehicle on the road, but the driver seat in the S-class, the massage seat, and rear seats are superior compared to X7. So the cabin what makes the difference, but drive wise they are equally excellent.

Technology: BMW wins hands now. ID is much better than MBens system. I also think ID8 is better than MBUX.

Drive Assist: In-town driving, the BMW system is better “more micro-adjustments” and u feel u r being driven if u like that feeling, in MBens in town driving feels more like gently soft adjustments, good lane centering, but not at tight as BMW. For highway, they are equally good because the MBenz switches to a more tight adjustment that is as tight as BMW, both do lane change really well, and both stay centered and take even sharp turns well.

Sound system: not an expert here, but after contacting a few MBenz colleagues to adjust the 3D Burmester system just like I did for the B&W on my X7, the 3D Burmester system wins for sure. The cabin is smaller, so that is another factory, but it’s generally well known that 3D Burmester, at least that in the S-class, is the best in the industry. This may not be a fair comparison because B&W is excellent too, so it is like comparing the two best students in a class and trying to award one of them only

Road noise and insulation: Given BMW history in this area, the Mbenz felt immediately more isolated. My current X7 50i, as well as X5, both are pre-covid built and have much less road noise than our X7 22 that we sold, however, the S-class has better insulation and less road noise than all of them. The glass is truly thick insulated glass, insulation in the cabin is much better, and granted it is a sedan so once would assume it has less noise against wind on highways.
Appreciate 2
      03-22-2023, 02:41 PM   #41
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

I think it looks amazing. One question I have though is the seats look dirty. Is it just the photos?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 02:47 PM   #42
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
I think it looks amazing. One question I have though is the seats look dirty. Is it just the photos?
I don’t have any photo-taking skills, but taking photos of any perforated light-colored leather via the phone makes them look dirty. I had same concerns when I saw my car photos before I saw it in person. The seats in the rear in fact are brand new, never sat on, and some portions and items were still wrapped in their factory plastic. You can see the photos I shared just a few posts above with Mystro, they are as clean as factory in real life, I have zero skill in taking photos. Also the color is light beige, they are no ivory, but they still look different in real life.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2023, 02:00 PM   #43
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Guys, YES, am ready for a new toy ... as I hinted in my original post when I got this rare find vehicle "knowing myself soon this will be gone and a new toy will come in (M760i?)".

YES.. I have two 2 new toys am looking at now so am thinking of selling this very rare fully loaded S560 4-Matic.

If you are interested, feel free to let me know before this car gets sold to a dealer. There is not a single vehicle on the market like this, not that there might be any soon. Those are hard to find with such spec's including Maybach vehicles. Before sending an offer, please take a look at all 2018-2020 S560 4-Matic vehicles on the market that are all less equipped and go from there with mileage of 37k only (filter for <39K miles). New front/rear rotors and new front/rear pads, fully car history, MBenz maintained, $0 needed, fully ceramic coating.

See original post #1 for all photos.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 11:31 AM   #44
srbabu790
Commander ||
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Guys, YES, am ready for a new toy ... as I hinted in my original post when I got this rare find vehicle "knowing myself soon this will be gone and a new toy will come in (M760i?)".

YES.. I have two 2 new toys am looking at now so am thinking of selling this very rare fully loaded S560 4-Matic.

If you are interested, feel free to let me know before this car gets sold to a dealer. There is not a single vehicle on the market like this, not that there might be any soon. Those are hard to find with such spec's including Maybach vehicles. Before sending an offer, please take a look at all 2018-2020 S560 4-Matic vehicles on the market that are all less equipped and go from there with mileage of 37k only (filter for <39K miles). New front/rear rotors and new front/rear pads, fully car history, MBenz maintained, $0 needed, fully ceramic coating.

See original post #1 for all photos.
Beautiful car !! Whats your asking price ?
Any reason why you are selling it after only few months of ownership ?