United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
So here is a weird one with this app.... I downloaded this app a few weeks ago and everything seemed to be working fine. This weekend, before a small road trip, I loaded the destination in the app and sent it to the X7. All looked good from the app, but when I got to the X7 it was not there. On the appropriate screen the X7 said I needed to log in to my ConnectedDrive account, even though I never logged out. Except, on the screen where I could log in, it was greyed out....

So I am thinking I may need to delete/re-install my profile, which of course is ridiculous. So I just leave it alone for now. Then today, two interesting things happened. The destination I sent to my X7 magically appeared all of a sudden (and I was now logged into the X7) and the ConnectDrive icon changed from the old one to the new "My BMW" icon. Everything still appears to be working fine with the app now, but this is seriously buggy...

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 06:23 PM   #68
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
So here is a weird one with this app.... I downloaded this app a few weeks ago and everything seemed to be working fine. This weekend, before a small road trip, I loaded the destination in the app and sent it to the X7. All looked good from the app, but when I got to the X7 it was not there. On the appropriate screen the X7 said I needed to log in to my ConnectedDrive account, even though I never logged out. Except, on the screen where I could log in, it was greyed out....

So I am thinking I may need to delete/re-install my profile, which of course is ridiculous. So I just leave it alone for now. Then today, two interesting things happened. The destination I sent to my X7 magically appeared all of a sudden (and I was now logged into the X7) and the ConnectDrive icon changed from the old one to the new "My BMW" icon. Everything still appears to be working fine with the app now, but this is seriously buggy...
Yeah, I wonder if that might be a consequence of this overlap we're currently in, with both apps being functional. I've seen an error message or two like that, but everything's still worked.
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 07:00 PM   #69
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Yeah, I wonder if that might be a consequence of this overlap we're currently in, with both apps being functional. I've seen an error message or two like that, but everything's still worked.
I saw this same issue on the old app at least two times. Rebooting iDrive corrected it for me each time.

I've also seen it on the new app as well. Hard to say if the bug is related to the new app deployment or possibly the iDrive version. I'm on 11/2020.50 currently.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 07:09 PM   #70
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

I have seen the sign in message as well in the X7 and I have not even used the new app yet in the vehicle. I still am running the old app on my phone but have been playing with the new app on my iPad Pro only.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 07:33 PM   #71
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
I saw this same issue on the old app at least two times. Rebooting iDrive corrected it for me each time.

I've also seen it on the new app as well. Hard to say if the bug is related to the new app deployment or possibly the iDrive version. I'm on 11/2020.50 currently.
Who knows. I actually still have both apps installed on my phone (iPhone) and have been running both. They both still appear to be working fine, too.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 07:41 PM   #72
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Who knows. I actually still have both apps installed on my phone (iPhone) and have been running both. They both still appear to be working fine, too.
I may then download the new one on my Android as well if I can still have the old one working.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 08:09 PM   #73
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
I may then download the new one on my Android as well if I can still have the old one working.
You can. Plus, the Remote 3D View is separate between the two apps. So, you can take a 3D View with the old and the new while they will be separate files for each app.

Personally, I see little to nothing in the new app that the old app doesn't already offer with the exception of being able to customize your profile picture. I like the old app better.

I don't know what BMW is trying to accomplish other than to say "Hey!! Look!!! BMW has a new app!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 09:43 PM   #74
NY_BlueBird
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 X7 M50i Dark Shadow

Quote:
I have been playing with the new app on my iPad Pro. I compare with the original app on my Samsung Galaxy. Losing the horn beep and gallery of 3D previous images are a deal breaker for me. I want a photo record of who was parking next to my BMW in case of door ding damage or other reasons. I used this feature several times a day on vacation. I would even move/repark my BMW in another space if some idiot parked way too close. Chirping the horn is a huge tool for me finding my BMW in a large parking lot or even scaring away wildlife. We had a flock of turkeys that liked to hang out in the parking lot. A chirp of the horn was all it took to keep them from perching on my BMW and leaving monster craps.

You voiced all the concerns/deal breakers I had about the new app. The unfortunate thing is that once BMW pulls the Connected app we’re SOL, until they read this thread and make updates. I would hate to lose the perks that reassure me when I drive my investment.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 01:44 AM   #75
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Apparently this is standard operating procedure for BMW. Giveth and then taketh away.

If BMW gave a rats ass about what people in this forum have to say about their products this new app would have never been developed in the manner in which it has.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 05:26 AM   #76
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Apparently this is standard operating procedure for BMW. Giveth and then taketh away.

If BMW gave a rats ass about what people in this forum have to say about their products this new app would have never been developed in the manner in which it has.
Actually, I think BMW pays more attention to the opinions expressed in these forums now more than ever before when compared to the past - and then takes action. The best evidence I have seen of this over the years are the performance options/add-ons (mostly cosmetic stuff) BMW now offers that closely mimics what was traditionally handled by the aftermarket. Of course, that does not mean that every action they take will be received well...

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to make excuses for this "new" app as I think it is nothing more than a GUI facelift with less functionality - a poor and disappointing move by BMW IMHO. But it would not surprise me if BMW sees enthusiasts like us (on the forums) as advanced beta testers to really fine tune their products. I know most don't like the idea of being a beta tester when a product is supposed to be ready for prime time. But even after a product release, there will always be feedback on it to help make improvements.

Now that said, I would not bet my paycheck on any radical improvements to this app happening any time soon. But I am confident BMW is watching so I am very "cautiously optimistic" that we may see some improvements and additional functionality for this app in the future. How far in the future is anybody's guess....:

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 06:23 AM   #77
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_BlueBird View Post
You voiced all the concerns/deal breakers I had about the new app. The unfortunate thing is that once BMW pulls the Connected app we’re SOL, until they read this thread and make updates. I would hate to lose the perks that reassure me when I drive my investment.
Do we know if the old app will go away for sure or will it just not be updated anymore?? I would be thrilled if I could use both apps.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 07:58 AM   #78
unfoundnemo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
I don't know what BMW is trying to accomplish other than to say "Hey!! Look!!! BMW has a new app!
Someone probably accidentally nuked the repository for the old app and the needed to start fresh.
      04-28-2021, 09:15 AM   #79
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Actually, the MyBMW app has been around for some time for overseas markets, and we're just now getting it in the USA.
(not sure how long)

Quote:
Do we know if the old app will go away for sure or will it just not be updated anymore?? I would be thrilled if I could use both apps.
Somewhere there was an official statement that the Connected BMW app will be removed from the USA market in July 2021. Now, if you already have it on your device, will it stop working? That remains to be seen.
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 10:34 AM   #80
Mail4loys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 X7 M50i, '21 M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2020 BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
Quote:

I had exactly the same issue. I tried multiple options deleted and added profile. deleted and added mobile device. then finally restarted iDrive by holding the volume button for 30secs and after this step it started working
2023 GMC Sierra 1500
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 06:33 AM   #81
crvgt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

Garage List
invalid token error

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich5741 View Post
All - I was able to find a fix for this. I have a Galaxy S20 by Samsung (US version), and it turns out that the myBMW app does not play nice with Chrome browser. So on the phone, go to Setting—>Apps—>Default Apps, then select “Samsung Internet” as your default browser. Then go back to the myBMW app, log in, set up your PIN, etc.

At that point, I went back and reset my default browser to Chrome. So far, the app still allows me to go in with PIN or fingerprint, but I suspect if I need to login again for some reason, it will require me to switch default browser again.

If any BMW devs are watching - many android phones have Chrome as the default browser, so please fix whatever issue you have with Chrome.

thanks for suggesting this fix - it worked on my G01 X3....been trying to sort this out for a while..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 10:42 AM   #82
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

Looks like they posted an update to the new app adding the remote horn help to locate the vehicle back…
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 10:57 AM   #83
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl View Post
Looks like they posted an update to the new app adding the remote horn help to locate the vehicle back…

We are getting back to where we were with the last app. I also need the “gallery view”. This allows you to review previous 360 pics you took. This was a very valuable tool especially if you find a door ding and want to trace back what cars were around you the last few days. That’s how I post many of my pics from my car when on vacation.

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 11:12 AM   #84
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

Quote:
We are getting back to where we were with the last app. I also need the “gallery view”. This allows you to review previous 360 pics you took. This was a very valuable tool especially if you find a door ding and want to trace back what cars were around you the last few days. That’s how I post many of my pics from my car when on vacation.

It’s there, most recent recording and older.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 11:37 AM   #85
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl View Post
Quote:

It’s there, most recent recording and older.
Yup, I just confirmed that as well. Unfortunately, it does not have previous picture data from the old app only 3D pics taken with the new app. As this "new" app is finally catching up in functionality with the "old" app, makes me wonder why BMW didn't just wait to release it when it was at least to the functionality level of the old app.

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 12:25 PM   #86
jonatious
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Did anyone find where the remote horn option is after the update? I still don’t see it
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 12:29 PM   #87
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonatious View Post
Did anyone find where the remote horn option is after the update? I still don't see it
It is a little horn icon on the main page of the app, right between the headlight and fan (remote start) icons.

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 12:44 PM   #88
jonatious
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
It is a little horn icon on the main page of the app, right between the headlight and fan (remote start) icons.
Here?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0