BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Still want an EV?

Today, 03:22 PM   #8141
Weather Man
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
It's more than that actually

- Massive amounts of AI DC's being built right now, so many that there is even a mortarium on new load in Virginia for example. I'm familiar with 9 (yes nine) projects that are 400MW plus.
- Yes, intermittent generation does have an impact on baseload cost, however this is not the primary driver
- Several gigawatts worth of total capacity is being sucked up by companies like yours truly, however it's all curtailable and pretty much all of them curtail when load spikes - but this does absorb baseline generation capacity
- Continued upgrades around the entire system, including new transmission lines being built everywhere to reinforce the grid and have additional redundancy
- More players in the bidding market space makes this even more hyper competitive
- Temperature is pretty hot this time of year, but thankfully not as bad as last year

I hate green morons just as much if not more than anyone else here, but that's not the total story.
Being told to curtail for any business is expensive. The subsidies are for wind and solar and people are making good money off of the Feds dollar. More and more state utility boards are piping up.

Minnesota building a huge transmission project from SD bringing in solar and wind. At the same time shutting 3 coal fired units in Becker MN. 2 gas fired peaker plants stuck in lawsuit purgatory. When Old Man Winter parks the Polar Vortex on top of MN, god help us at 2 a.m. and -30F.
Appreciate 2
eugenebmw1506.00
M5Rick60402.00
      Today, 04:00 PM   #8142
eugenebmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4, G22 M440, E92 335i

The Supercharger network is Tesla’s biggest competitive advantage, and knee-capping it just as it is about to become the defacto charging network for the North American is insane.”
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick60402.00
      Today, 04:07 PM   #8143
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather Man View Post
When the regret is real, but your pocketbook is thin.
A gloss wrap, that's a first with me.
Appreciate 1
eugenebmw1506.00
      Today, 04:36 PM   #8144
eugenebmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4, G22 M440, E92 335i

Sky-High Depreciation And Massive Repair Bills Force Hertz To Sell 30,000 EVs

https://jalopnik.com/sky-high-deprec...-he-1851447937
Appreciate 0