BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum X7 Windshield cracking very easily (Fuyao)

03-19-2024, 05:09 PM   #1
EUTourer
Registered
Rep
Drives: X7 40d

X7 Windshield cracking very easily (Fuyao)

My X7 is now on the 3rd windshield, and it already has a small dent. This is not counting a resin repair on the first one, so 4 cracks in all, 2 of which catastrophic! This thing cracks at a minimum! My last car was an X5, similar driving on the same roads and perfect windshield after 3 years. The X7’s is terribly sensitive. Even the one I took for a test drive before buying mine had a chipped windshield.

Is it the change in supplier to Fuyao?
Does anyone have the same issues, and if this is a common complaint, has it been taken up by BMW?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 05:56 PM   #2
Brendon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X7

Garage List
My 2019 has a combination of Saint-Gobain (all rear glass) and Fuyao on the fronts, which I always considered interesting.

My belief is that Fuyao is a low-cost manufacturer, originally from China who has made major in-roads into the North American market after setting up several domestic factories. Saint-Gobain has a stronger reputation and is generally considered better quality glass.

Side note: there's an interesting documentary on Fuyao's foray into american manufacturing called "American Factory." Interestingly, it was produced by the Obama's production company.