BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Level Control on iPhone App

07-13-2023, 08:05 AM   #1
Vindigni
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 40i, '15 MDX, '14 Prius

Level Control on iPhone App

My iPhone BMW app does not have a Level control button to adjust the air suspension. I have the '24 X7 and Latest iPhone. I have read you need to be close to the car for it to show up. But mine has never shown up. I am thinking of deleting and redownloading the app but I have it set up as a digital key and I'm not sure what will happen if I do this. Anyone have this issue and know how to resolve this?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2023, 09:10 AM   #2
EVRollerTech
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindigni View Post
My iPhone BMW app does not have a Level control button to adjust the air suspension. I have the '24 X7 and Latest iPhone. I have read you need to be close to the car for it to show up. But mine has never shown up. I am thinking of deleting and redownloading the app but I have it set up as a digital key and I'm not sure what will happen if I do this. Anyone have this issue and know how to resolve this?
Yes definitely need to be close to the car still don’t understand the logic behind not showing that but always showing remote parking option which you also have to physically be close to the car to use. My one thought on your issue is your phone showing up as BMW digital key or as BMW digital key plus
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2023, 10:26 AM   #3
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVRollerTech View Post
Yes definitely need to be close to the car still don’t understand the logic behind not showing that but always showing remote parking option which you also have to physically be close to the car to use. My one thought on your issue is your phone showing up as BMW digital key or as BMW digital key plus
I don't have a 24, but if it's like other brands, the reason you need to be close to the car is because some features only work when the phone is connected via bluetooth to the car and not via 4G/5G cellular.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2023, 12:08 PM   #4
EVRollerTech
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
I don't have a 24, but if it's like other brands, the reason you need to be close to the car is because some features only work when the phone is connected via bluetooth to the car and not via 4G/5G cellular.
Yes for both level control and parking the car uses the UWB to make sure you and your phone are close enough to the car and BT for the controls however the myBMW app will only show level control being available in the app when you are near your car otherwise the button is not displayed whereas the remote parking will show in the app all the time whether you’re near the car or not and if you try and use the parking away from your car you will eventually be told you’re not close enough
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2023, 04:58 PM   #5
Vindigni
United_States
Rep

Anyway it's not working. It never shows up even a foot away from the car. I can move the car with my phone while standing nearby but it has never showed the level control.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2023, 09:11 AM   #6
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindigni View Post
Anyway it's not working. It never shows up even a foot away from the car. I can move the car with my phone while standing nearby but it has never showed the level control.
I have the same issue and have not figured out why this is. Note that I have not set up digital key plus on my phone (I have the app and the car is connected, I can start it and lock it etc from the app- just havne’t set up the digital key plus). I’d be curious if those that see the leveling have set that up and those that don’t see the leveling haven’t set that up.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2023, 09:19 AM   #7
Vindigni
United_States
Rep

Somehow it showed up on the app today.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2023, 09:49 AM   #8
swarick
Private
Rep
Drives: x7

Just to be 100% correct here. This button will never show up if you have a pre-LCI X-7.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2023, 09:57 AM   #9
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarick View Post
Just to be 100% correct here. This button will never show up if you have a pre-LCI X-7.
Understood. Mine is a 2023. Thx.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 05:23 PM   #10
lijia1
Registered
Rep
Drives: X7

Hi Vindigni did you solve the problem? I have the same car and the same problem. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 02:52 PM   #11
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

you need to have digital key plus set up, it is part of the UWB communication protocol that turns your phone into a fob
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 05:22 PM   #12
lijia1
Registered
Rep

xlover digital key plus is already setup from the very beginning. Anything else I should check? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 05:11 PM   #13
lijia1
Registered
Rep

Strangely enough, the Level control and Panic button showed up today, as I was trying to resolve a new CarPlay issue. My CarPlay would lose sound after I give Siri command to play a different song. The song’s progress bar still shows, but no more sound, and turning the volume button would show the error message: no source available. Disconnecting and reconnecting CarPlay would bring the sound back until a new Siri command is given . I had a suspicion that maybe the Bluetooth connection was interfering. Out of curiosity I opened the BMW app and I saw the Level Control and Panic buttons showed up.

Let’s see if it sticks.
Appreciate 0