BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Anyone been Successful Removing the Spare? Solved: 3rd Row Seat Must Be Stowed

03-22-2024, 07:02 PM   #1
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

Anyone been Successful Removing the Spare? Solved: 3rd Row Seat Must Be Stowed

Not looking for jokes or smart remarks.....but has anyone removed the spare tire successfully to get to the battery?

The operator's manual is absolutely no help. I got to the spare tire, but I can only get it to lift out an 1" or so before it hangs on the lip of the rear floor and needs more than 4" more to clear the the lip of the cargo floor. It will NOT come out.

Got a dead battery, after some noise from the brake booster area ran all night long (Ring Camera in the garage ran all night capturing it), and then got washer motor failure, then transmission error, and it will NOT allow me to start the car....won't even take a jump.

The battery is so dead, that putting a 14VDC 33A power supply on it, just causes some relay under the hood on the passenger's side to cycle back and forth.

Want to disconnect the negative cable from the battery.

But the spare tire won't come out....so I must be doing something wrong.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Last edited by M_Bimmer; 03-22-2024 at 10:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 07:40 PM   #2
salfeet84
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Bimmer View Post
Not looking for jokes or smart remarks.....but has anyone removed the spare tire successfully to get to the battery?

The operator's manual is absolutely no help. I got to the spare tire, but I can only get it to lift out an 1" or so before it hangs on the lip of the rear floor and needs more than 4" more to clear the the lip of the cargo floor. It will NOT come out.

Got a dead battery, after some noise from the brake booster area ran all night long (Ring Camera in the garage ran all night capturing it), and then got washer motor failure, then transmission error, and it will NOT allow me to start the car....won't even take a jump.

The battery is so dead, that putting a 14VDC 33A power supply on it, just causes some relay under the hood on the passenger's side to cycle back and forth.

Want to disconnect the negative cable from the battery.

But the spare tire won't come out....so I must be doing something wrong.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
I’ve done it to change the shifting paddles on my steering wheel, you have to push it all the way forward then lift and pull, it was tough at first I remember but eventually comes out.
Appreciate 1
M_Bimmer582.50
      03-22-2024, 09:22 PM   #3
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

With a dead 12VDC AND 48VDC battery, the car is a bitch to work on...

So in order to remove the spare tire, the 3rd row seats MUST be in the "down" position, which requires battery voltage. This is not in the Owner's manual....but I didn't go read it a 3rd time yet.

I guess if you have a flat tire, and are able to use the donut, you'll need the 3rd row seat folded down to stow the flat tire....

My car has 685 miles on it...and it's hosed. I ran ISTA, and while it can read codes, it cannot reset the codes because it can't recycle voltage to the vehicle....not sure if it's because my 48VDC battery is dead as a door knob, or it's my old version of ISTA.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0