F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Stamp duty
proTUNING Freaks

07-08-2020, 02:38 PM   #45
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Not had it valued but my guess is £425k/£450k....

ETA £18k a year in rents, although a chunk goes on mgt fees and tax, with the odd bit of maintenance to keep the tax bill down.....
Ha, a little out of my league as a second rental home. I’ll take a room off your hands.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 03:32 PM   #46
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeoz View Post
Prob trying to get out of Norfolk...
No, I’m actually buying from Norfolk Homes!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 04:22 PM   #47
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Ha, a little out of my league as a second rental home. I’ll take a room off your hands.
Dont get into HMOs, the regulations are too much!

The good thing about a higher end rental is you get better tenants generally. The bad thing is there are fewer of them....

Toying with a makeover in new year and then selling or living there, stay in a hotel when i need to be down south... doesnt look like we will be full for a while!

But you dont need to be a genius to work out that the rent from the house pays for the car, and one without the other seems not right...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 04:24 PM   #48
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
No, I’m actually buying from Norfolk Homes!
Ah, they rely on the fact that inhabitants dont want to mix with the outside world...

Daughter keeps an eye on properties in Suffolk as that is where SIL comes from - £500k buys a mansion near Ipswich, must buy a castle in Norfolk...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 04:34 PM   #49
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ah, they rely on the fact that inhabitants dont want to mix with the outside world...

Daughter keeps an eye on properties in Suffolk as that is where SIL comes from - £500k buys a mansion near Ipswich, must buy a castle in Norfolk...
Bit of a strange comparison, quite a difference between the fine city of Norwich and the shit heap of Ipswich!

It’s a fairly modest 4 bed, although it does check all our boxes i.e. study, utility room, double garage and parking for 4 cars, and Norfolk Homes do include a lot as standard which are extras or not available at all from other house builders.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 04:39 PM   #50
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Bit of a strange comparison, quite a difference between the fine city of Norwich and the shit heap of Ipswich!

It’s a fairly modest 4 bed, although it does check all our boxes i.e. study, utility room, double garage and parking for 4 cars, and Norfolk Homes do include a lot as standard which are extras or not available at all from other house builders.
If you are from Ipswich, Norwich is indeed the shitheap.... plus they have friends in Ipswich and it is nearer for work....

Either way you are at £650k round here for similar.. and never 4 car parking unless you pay extra and create it yourself (the reason we bought our current plot - 5 bed and even more expensive. I hate the south east!)

Good luck with move - one of the most stressful events in life.... nearly as stressful as buying a new car!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 04:45 PM   #51
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
If you are from Ipswich, Norwich is indeed the shitheap.... plus they have friends in Ipswich and it is nearer for work....

Either way you are at £650k round here for similar.. and never 4 car parking unless you pay extra and create it yourself (the reason we bought our current plot - 5 bed and even more expensive. I hate the south east!)

Good luck with move - one of the most stressful events in life.... nearly as stressful as buying a new car!
Nope, Ipswich is just a shit heap, have you been there? It’s like an inland Great Yarmouth! Utterly awful place.

Norwich is a great place to live and rich with culture and history, but fortunately is just far enough from London and the south that the property prices are somewhat reasonable still.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 04:57 PM   #52
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Nope, Ipswich is just a shit heap, have you been there? It’s like an inland Great Yarmouth! Utterly awful place.

Norwich is a great place to live and rich with culture and history, but fortunately is just far enough from London and the south that the property prices are somewhat reasonable still.
I have - salthouse hotel on the marina. I cant quite see Yarmouth. Oh and golf at Woodbridge, that was pleasant too..

I also like Norwich, have friends who own a B&B / boutique hotel called 38 St Giles, so stayed there. Nice part of Norwich, otherwise fucking long drive!

Home is great for all of us, wherever it is. Hemel will never be home to me so I see more faults than plaudits...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 05:04 PM   #53
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I have - salthouse hotel on the marina. I cant quite see Yarmouth. Oh and golf at Woodbridge, that was pleasant too..

I also like Norwich, have friends who own a B&B / boutique hotel called 38 St Giles, so stayed there. Nice part of Norwich, otherwise fucking long drive!

Home is great for all of us, wherever it is. Hemel will never be home to me so I see more faults than plaudits...
Ok I forgot about Ipswich waterfront, Yarmouth doesn't have an area like that.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 06:16 PM   #54
nawz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F36 LCI 440i

I had to pay £21,600 stamp duty on my "second home" although most of this I will get refunded as I'll be selling my first first property making my second home my main residence (which it is).

Nevertheless, I think Sunak will back date the stamp duty for when lockdown became effective as this would also free up a lot of additional funds for spending in general.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 11:12 AM   #55
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Pah Wales follow up was pretty shite.

Still a move is materialising, chain is fairy simple too but won't be quick.