BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2024 X7 M60i - Transmission Problems

03-27-2024, 05:14 PM   #1
BCNeil
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7, 2023 Lexus LC 500

2024 X7 M60i - Transmission Problems

Hi all,

I'm a new user here and I just wanted to post about my recent (and ongoing) experience with a brand new 2024 X7 M60i.

I've got about 4000 miles on this vehicle when I first started hearing a noise when the vehicle was shifting gears. The noise was accompanied with a slight jostling feeling which made it clear to me that something wasn't right. Shortly after the problem began, I was stopped at an intersection and once I began accelerating, the vehicle "knocked" itself right out of gear and I received a "Drivetrain Malfunction" warning. The warning also said something to the effect of the Vehicle not being able to go into reverse. Once it went into gear, it was stuck in gear. It was revving up to 5000 rpm because it would not change gears.

I took the vehicle into the BMW service center and they told me that the O-rings in the transmission cooling line were shot so they replaced the rings, and the lines. I just picked it up about 30 min ago so I cannot speak to the merits of this diagnosis or solution.

I'm obviously concerned that this fix is only addressing the symptoms of the problem, and not the solution and I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced a similar issue with a 2024 X7? If so, what was wrong with the vehicle and what did they do for you?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 10:55 AM   #2
ledphut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Garage List
2022 Alpina CB7  [3.50]
Drive it hard for at least 30 minutes to make sure no permanent damage was done to the transmission. Anytime there’s an issue with trans temps getting too high there’s a good chance the fluid was cooked, which renders it ineffective at cooling the internals.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 09:11 PM   #3
RichardMille1015
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 X7 M60i, 22 F8 Tributo

Did you find anything out with the transmission? I picked mine up in December have been driving the car decently hard after the after break in and haven’t experienced anything with the transmission yet.
What was the build month/year for the car? I have definitely noticed 2023 and early 2024 models have had some issues.
Appreciate 0