10-03-2022, 03:41 PM   #45
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by guywithcat View Post
Al Pina -- I looked around, you seem to pick fights with people all over the place. And people seem to scold you for it. I suspect you have this issue all over your life. Please just leave me alone.
Yes, I received close to 1,700 reputation points in short time by starting fights everywhere.

This is site is called Bimmerpost, not Sesame Street.

Toughen up buttercup.
      10-03-2022, 04:14 PM   #46
supdes
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 m60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsobol View Post
What it is - MOST PROBABLE - a poorly implemented work around, in order to comply with SAE (DOT) light pattern when the matrix functionality of the headlights is neutered. The only thing left for BMW to do is to push an update to the vehicles to enable matrix functionality and voilà pattern fixed.

Now, will BMW do that? They already demonstrated unwillingness to activate features in already sold vehicles in the past, so probably no. Maybe when they finally implement the subscription model it's going to be possible to do that, who knows.
That's exactly what I am thinking as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 05:45 PM   #47
K1984tx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 X7 x40i

Quote:
YES! That's exactly it. I feel better knowing I am not alone (But yet his photo is sideways)
Quote:
YES! That's exactly it. I feel better knowing I am not alone (But yet his photo is sideways)
Yep that's it. It's the same with my 2023 X7. Without VLD enabled the pattern looks odd, though honestly I haven't found it overly distracting when driving. The only time I actually notice it is when I pull into the garage or park facing a wall.

I'm actively trying to find someone to code VLD and Anti-dazzle for me, but since iDrive 8 is a whole different animal than iDrive 7, my normal coding guy (coded VLD and anti-dazzle on my 2022 X7) wasn't able to gain access to anything.

Hoping he figures it out soon but am also talking to Bimmer-Tech to see if their coding team out of Europe is able to help.

If anyone knows anyone that can code iDrive 8, I'd appreciate the recommendation.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 08:39 PM   #48
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

Quote:
I agree with BMW5and7. I've only posted a few times and angry people come out an mansplain to me that I should "check the manual." Not sure what that accomplishes.
I had a person attack me over useful info I gave about Carfax. These boards are Chaotic. But we come back because useful info from talented people is the mainstay.

I was taught to ignore bullying- but every once in a while you want to punch back. You know?
Appreciate 3
      10-06-2022, 06:31 AM   #49
makers46
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M50i, Mercedes S550

Quote:
The guy who thinks it is a feature is again, wrong, dealer told me it's a confirmed problem and they are pushing BMW for a fix. So, listen, guy who thinks it's a feature, you need to let this one go. It's ok to be wrong. Let's move on. The image you posted is from 2008. European and American limitations on headlights do not include blurry spreads when you turn on highbeams. ITS A BUG
Can you clarify "confirmed" ? Did you take you vehicle into service and they confirmed the issue? I am trying to determine if I should take mine in and get it on the record.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 09:16 AM   #50
guywithcat
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Not formally "confirmed" -- but they seemed aware it was a problem
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 11:26 AM   #51
samX7
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1984tx View Post
Yep that's it. It's the same with my 2023 X7. Without VLD enabled the pattern looks odd, though honestly I haven't found it overly distracting when driving. The only time I actually notice it is when I pull into the garage or park facing a wall.

I'm actively trying to find someone to code VLD and Anti-dazzle for me, but since iDrive 8 is a whole different animal than iDrive 7, my normal coding guy (coded VLD and anti-dazzle on my 2022 X7) wasn't able to gain access to anything.

Hoping he figures it out soon but am also talking to Bimmer-Tech to see if their coding team out of Europe is able to help.

If anyone knows anyone that can code iDrive 8, I'd appreciate the recommendation.
Did coding the anti dazzle on your 22 X7 void warranty?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 02:03 PM   #52
guywithcat
Private
Rep

UPDATE. I contacted BMW corporate and got up the chain and the guy wouldn't confirm or deny anything is a bug or that anything is wrong. Different than what I heard from the other folks I spoke to. They won't say it's a problem and they won't say it's not. They acknowledged it is "the way it is" and wrote this to me:

"The low-beam headlight pattern that is projected is due to the positioning of the different lamps within the headlight assembly. When you engage the high-beam, the low-beam is disengaged and as a result, the light profile is modified."

So I don't see a fix coming soon. But I am sure they know people are annoyed.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 02:14 PM   #53
ddno1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
UPDATE. I contacted BMW corporate and got up the chain and the guy wouldn't confirm or deny anything is a bug or that anything is wrong. Different than what I heard from the other folks I spoke to. They won't say it's a problem and they won't say it's not. They acknowledged it is "the way it is" and wrote this to me:

"The low-beam headlight pattern that is projected is due to the positioning of the different lamps within the headlight assembly. When you engage the high-beam, the low-beam is disengaged and as a result, the light profile is modified."

So I don't see a fix coming soon. But I am sure they know people are annoyed.
How did you escalate with BMW? Any email address you can share? I want to send them an email too
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 05:35 PM   #54
K1984tx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 X7 x40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by samX7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1984tx View Post

Did coding the anti dazzle on your 22 X7 void warranty?
It's only been to the dealership for it's schedule maintenance so far so I wouldn't be the best person to answer your question. I do know that dealerships can undo any codings quite easily by reloading its original code though. I would assume if they think it's a software issues they would reset the code and wipe out any changes as part of their troubleshooting.

Also there is a law in the US, can't recall the exact name of the bill, that prohibits manufacturers from voiding a warranty because someone did aftermarket changes. To what extent it applies to this situation I'd have to let someone who has actually issues with their car comment.

There is always the option of restoring the original code before you take it in for service.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 08:24 AM   #55
guywithcat
Private
Rep

[QUOTEHow did you escalate with BMW? Any email address you can share? I want to send them an email too[/QUOTE]

If you private message me i can tell you how. Prefer not to post emails here
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 09:55 AM   #56
SUVLustMaster
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
Don't they test this stuff?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
Don't they test this stuff?!?

Hahaaahah
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 01:56 PM   #57
rohitbhasin1981
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by al pin  View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
sounds about right for bmw. Just like the "new and enhanced" "comfort access" where the person with a key fob in their possession gets to grab the passenger door handle and set the driver's profile to their profile even though they aren't driving the car.

Welcome to the new generation of "cracker jack" educated engineers. It's a new "enhancement" feature. Doesn't matter if you're driving the car or not. We'll just set the driver's seats and all the other settings to the person who's going to sit in the passenger seat. Makes perfect sense to a dumb ass.
this one really irks me as i experience this all the time.

Another one that is bothersome is how the proximity sensors for the auto lock/unlock aren't smart enough to recognize when your doing a task that requires you to stay somewhat close to the car, such as washing it, to where it should just remain unlocked. Instead it wants to lock and unlock itself 99 times like it's retarded.
🤣🤣🤣
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 06:15 AM   #58
makers46
Enlisted Member
Rep

Some pics

Captured some photos.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 10:40 AM   #59
Vivalamatt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 540 and 2021 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by makers46 View Post
Captured some photos.
Oh wow, I could definitely see that being annoying. Hope BMW comes up with a solution.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 10:59 AM   #60
coolerbythelake
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Captured some photos.
Gonna just say it, these look like nipples. Really gives new meaning to flashing another driver. Like I wasn't already excited to get my X7. I'm going to flash everyone and giggle every single time. 😂😂😂

If nothing else this is a great conversation piece with your buddies. Bravo, Germany!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 11:14 AM   #61
makers46
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolerbythelake View Post
Quote:
Captured some photos.
Gonna just say it, these look like nipples. Really gives new meaning to flashing another driver. Like I wasn't already excited to get my X7. I'm going to flash everyone and giggle every single time. 😂😂😂

If nothing else this is a great conversation piece with your buddies. Bravo, Germany!
Now I am not going to be able to unsee nipples.

On a serious note, this more than annoying. On a dark back road it's an actual distraction as it bounces up and down based on the movement of the vehicle.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2022, 02:48 PM   #62
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Once you've seen the flaw you can't un-see it. It will always be there and your brain will tell your eyes to look at it every time you drive at night.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 02:51 PM   #63
gsobol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Quote:
On a serious note, this more than annoying. On a dark back road it's an actual distraction as it bounces up and down based on the movement of the vehicle.
Was that supposed to be on a serious note, hmmmm.......
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 05:28 PM   #64
NOVA99
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M-B GLS 580

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
BMW headlights continue to shift from the greatest to the worst in the industry!.
A couple of things that I have noticed during the past 5-6 years with multiple generations now that I had multiple ones and years.

In 2016-2020 the BMW headlights on the 5-series used to have all the features that anyone want with just the LED headlights, including: Adaptive (fully, left-righ path following) lenses, Cornering lights!, fog lights, and as an option laser light.

Then, starting in 2019 at the intro of X7 for all gens 2019-2022 pre lci, the headlights have the following: Adaptive (fully ,left/right path following), fog light lights, BUT THEY SECRETLY and in a nasty way removed the cornering lights and made it available ONLY if you have the laser as an option (I bet half owners do not know that their cornering light spots are just capped if they don;t have the laser light option). I would not be exaggerating if I tell you that my 530e has much better light/clarity during night time driving than my X7, at least for cornering lights (I don't have them as you only get them if you get the laser optioned, which BMW did not make it clear anyway). If you don't get laser, the corner lights will be capped with a plastic cap inside the headlights!).

Now in 2023, No laser lights!, NO adaptive headlights! And I guess no cornering lights too but will have check. Yet, not to mention (and I know this is subjective), opting for a stupid split headlight design with some design flaws as others mentioned above, and to make it works, removing the fog lights!

It is a shame that with time BMW continues the trend of designing nearly naked vehicles! It is a shame, all to reduce cost. If BMW continues this trend, am switching back to Mbenz soon. Can't understand the logic of remove half of the features that we all love such as adaptive lights, laser, rear door comfort access, physical buttons, aluminum-like finished buttons in some areas, etc etc etc. It's truly a shame and am disappointed as an owner and fan.
I agree BMW lights used to be best in class. I cannot speak to the new X7 LCI but I have a GLS580 that is fully adaptive and will create light tunnels like the laser lights used to. They are the best I have had to date.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 07:27 AM   #65
rccarps2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 XM and 2023 X7 40i

My 23 X7 has the same problem.

This has been an issue with BMW headlights for years. My 21 M5C has the same issue. Was at the dealer multiple times (amongst a ton of other things). They never corrected it. One time they said it doesn't look right, but never offered a solution. Another time they compared it to other LCI 5-series they had and said its similar. I just gave up trying for a fix.

Just crap quality from their LED headlight supplier. The fact they can't properly aim the high and low beams is hilarious. How this passed BMW QC for years now is a joke. I have never gotten in a car and seen a distinct non uniform light gap between the high and low beams. This is just poor aiming. How hard is it to bring the high beams down slightly.

Here is my post from January 21.

https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1793234
      10-12-2022, 02:55 PM   #66
makers46
Enlisted Member
Rep

Has anyone raised this issue with BMW service ?
Appreciate 0