BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Windshield camera (KaFAS) defroster gone bad

04-02-2024, 03:22 PM   #23
swissguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waise View Post
Has anyone had front windshield camera (KaFAS) defroster go bad?

Picked up my wife's 2019 40i X7 from routine maintenance just before Christmas; the BMW dealership also updated the software to version 11/2020.42.

They also ran diagnostics and the Service Rep. told me the car shows an error code indicating faulty defroster used by camera system mounted on the windshield inside the car at top center.

I am assuming he is talking about KaFAS camera that supports the semi-autonomous features of X7.

Since defroster element is part of the front windshield, BMW Service Rep. said they have to change the entire windshield of course requiring recalibration of the camera and whatever else that's needed.

The car is still under warranty; so they have ordered the windshield once they receive it, I have to schedule for replacement.

I have not noticed any issue with autonomous driving...

Has anyone had this issue?

Mine went bad and the dealer replaced the entire windshield and hardware. The car was still under warranty.
Appreciate 0