E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Scum Oil Companies charging way too much for Gasoline

10-24-2008, 09:27 AM   #1
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 - 335is Coupe

Scum Oil Companies charging way too much for Gasoline

Why is it that these scum oil companies gouge the shit out of us? Oil dropped to 63 dollars today, yet Canadians pay more than a dollar on average.

Am i the only person that thinks this has gotten perversely bad? These oil companies should be kicked out of the country, and the Canadian government should pump its own oil/refine it, and sell at cost to the Canadian population.

To me Oil, Water, and Electricity are necessities of a modern civilization, and should not be in the hands of greedy bastard company exec's that just want to get a bigger bonus by gouging the shit out of the consumer.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2008, 09:49 AM   #2
alexhjs
The Muscle Milk.
Rep
Drives: 2018 F85 X5M

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
Why is it that these scum oil companies gouge the shit out of us? Oil dropped to 63 dollars today, yet Canadians pay more than a dollar on average.

Am i the only person that thinks this has gotten perversely bad? These oil companies should be kicked out of the country, and the Canadian government should pump its own oil/refine it, and sell at cost to the Canadian population.

To me Oil, Water, and Electricity are necessities of a modern civilization, and should not be in the hands of greedy bastard company exec's that just want to get a bigger bonus by gouging the shit out of the consumer.
+1 I hear ya.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2008, 10:01 AM   #3
taichi
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 & F25

Garage List
they will say they've got 4 weeks of reserve that's why the price doesnt reflect right away (that's what they say in HK!!!!)

PS. When the price raises, they can reflect it right away though..
      10-24-2008, 10:35 AM   #4
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

That's call monopoly! when you have no choice then why they want to lower the price! So who the hell vote for conservative?
      10-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #5
MOAB
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche & BMW

Quote:

Yes, let's nationalize everything in this country. And then let's redistribute all the wealth so the poor can all drive BMW's. Good call.
      10-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #6
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 G12 + 15 F06 + 17 F15

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Wait until electric cars come out in 2010. Then these oil sheeks can stick their oil up their asses.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOAB View Post
Yes, let's nationalize everything in this country. And then let's redistribute all the wealth so the poor can all drive BMW's. Good call.

i consider oil, electricity, and water necessities of life,... not something to be hoarded by greedy pigs that gouge the consumer. yes lets nationalize those things, so that we (all Canadians) can benefit from our lands resources...these are our lands, and our resources... not English/Dutch/American resources.

BTW, What is wrong with everyone driving a BMW?
i dont' consider a BMW 3 series a luxury car... just an entry level car.
If someone wants to purchase a car for a status symbol, then they should get a 6, or 7 series... or just move on up to a ferrari, or audi R8.

Cab drivers in Europe have mercedes/bmw cars i think only in poor Canada do people think these 3 series are "Status" symbols.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #8
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc1979 View Post
Wait until electric cars come out in 2010. Then these oil sheeks can stick their oil up their asses.
I hope they drink their stinking oil and choke on it
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2008, 09:57 PM   #9
MOAB
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
i consider oil, electricity, and water necessities of life,... not something to be hoarded by greedy pigs that gouge the consumer. yes lets nationalize those things, so that we (all Canadians) can benefit from our lands resources...these are our lands, and our resources... not English/Dutch/American resources.

If someone wants to purchase a car for a status symbol, then they should get a 6, or 7 series... or just move on up to a ferrari, or audi R8.

Cab drivers in Europe have mercedes/bmw cars i think only in poor Canada do people think these 3 series are "Status" symbols.
a $50K car is an entry level car? Pass whatever you are smoking. I'm in the mood to get high tonight.
      10-24-2008, 10:36 PM   #10
MechUT
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 SG 330i

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Unfortunately, the CDN dollar has tanked with respect to the US dollar, and oil is sold in US Dollars...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2008, 11:14 PM   #11
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
a $50K car is an entry level car? Pass whatever you are smoking. I'm in the mood to get high tonight.
well if you think the 335 is a status symbol for you then more power to you
i guess if you'd own a 6 series you are a billionaire
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2008, 09:46 AM   #12
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:

A Honda is an entry level car. My coupes msrp was 61k CAN .. hardly an 'entry level' car. Cabs in Europe drive these cars because they are domestics. Same way our cabs are Fords etc. If a 3 is 'just an entry level' car, why don't you have one again?

A car being a status symbol is very relative. What is one to some ,isn't to others. If everyone drove a BMW, I wouldn't want one. There's already too many peoples who buy it for the badge.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2008, 12:08 PM   #13
MOAB
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I never said I thought it was a status symbol. I'm just disputing a pretty asinine statement that a 335 is an entry level car.
      10-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #14
f30Seth
Futuristic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: f30 328i AW

Quote:
Dude, now you're just shooting nonsense. if a 60k car is an entry level car, what is Honda? A piece of shit?
      10-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #15
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92says View Post
Dude, now you're just shooting nonsense. if a 60k car is an entry level car, what is Honda? A piece of shit?

My point is that i am not looking at the price tag of the car... only the model number. They sell 335 coupes for 100K in Europe when converted to our Canadian-Peso, does that mean the car is worth that much? NO. It is just whatever the Car manufacture can gouge from the consumer. Some People have a false sense of Elitism and status just because they paid too much for something...

A Honda is a reliable car. Would you describe a BMW 3 series as: sizable, cheap to maintain, and totally reliable? No, people purchase the car because it is a drivers car. That is the strongest selling point i think. If the BMW drove like the Mercedes C class i'd never look twice at the BMW 3 series... i'd just get the better deal with a c350 Mercedes.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #16
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I never said I thought it was a status symbol. I'm just disputing a pretty asinine statement that a 335 is an entry level car.
Entry level in the BMW world (before the 1 series i guess).
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #17
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
A Honda is an entry level car. My coupes msrp was 61k CAN .. hardly an 'entry level' car. Cabs in Europe drive these cars because they are domestics. Same way our cabs are Fords etc. If a 3 is 'just an entry level' car, why don't you have one again?

A car being a status symbol is very relative. What is one to some ,isn't to others. If everyone drove a BMW, I wouldn't want one. There's already too many peoples who buy it for the badge.

I don't own a BMW because i'm not sure when to get the car, and what car to pick.

I agree that status symbol is relative to where you live, if you make $1,500 dollars a year, then driving a ford focus is like driving a Ferrari in your country.

I also agree on the part that too many people have BMW 3 series, i see them all the time, that is why i'm thinking about getting an Audi TT or even S5(i'd pay more for it, but i doubt i'd see to many of them on the roads for a long while).
Appreciate 0