BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum How long for production of special order?

02-19-2020, 02:19 PM   #485
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WunderbarBimmer View Post
Glad to see so many X7s coming together! Mine just shipped from the factory yesterday, with an ETA of Friday at the dealer. They have to prep it, install window tint and door guards, so I'm hoping we can pick it up.on Saturday. Can't wait!!
I'm pretty pumped. Can't wait to see TB II with the black shadowline. Should be pretty awesome.

I am taking my detailer with me, as I always do on car delivery. He points out anything and they cut him a check
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 03:25 PM   #486
WunderbarBimmer
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer73 View Post
Kid on XMAS day for sure Did you order Carbon Black?
Oh yeah, definitely like a kid waiting for Christmas for sure! I did get Carbon Black with the ivory white/night blue full merino leather.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 05:44 PM   #487
WunderbarBimmer
Rep

Tracking Discrepancies

Well, this was somewhat disappointing. After seeing my X7 was dispatched yesterday, I logged in to check tracking this afternoon and it said it was at the dealership! As you can imagine, I was ecstatic. Well, that was until I texted my sales guy and he said that he didn't have it. Has anyone else experienced this? I knew the website wasn't accurate, but I figured that was in the other direction of lagging behind as opposed to jumping ahead. I called the BMW Genius just to get their explanation, and all they could tell me was that it was picked up yesterday and that it wasn't scheduled to be delivered until Friday. So, once I picked myself off of the ceiling from the excitement of thinking it had been delivered, I'm now comingto grips with the fact that I will have to wait at least two more days. Anyway, just more of an FYI to others. Just because the tracking information says it's at the dealer, it may actually still be in transit.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 06:13 PM   #488
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Quote:
Well, this was somewhat disappointing. After seeing my X7 was dispatched yesterday, I logged in to check tracking this afternoon and it said it was at the dealership! As you can imagine, I was ecstatic. Well, that was until I texted my sales guy and he said that he didn't have it. Has anyone else experienced this? I knew the website wasn't accurate, but I figured that was in the other direction of lagging behind as opposed to jumping ahead. I called the BMW Genius just to get their explanation, and all they could tell me was that it was picked up yesterday and that it wasn't scheduled to be delivered until Friday. So, once I picked myself off of the ceiling from the excitement of thinking it had been delivered, I'm now comingto grips with the fact that I will have to wait at least two more days. Anyway, just more of an FYI to others. Just because the tracking information says it's at the dealer, it may actually still be in transit.
BAD DOTS! BAD!!! Nothing worse than going from surprised and delighted to shocked and disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 08:25 AM   #489
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Well, this was somewhat disappointing. After seeing my X7 was dispatched yesterday, I logged in to check tracking this afternoon and it said it was at the dealership! As you can imagine, I was ecstatic. Well, that was until I texted my sales guy and he said that he didn't have it. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes, I did.

Took an additional 2-3 days before it actually came in. The dealerships don't like this wrong info, either, because the customers get disappointed. This happens all the time.
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 08:57 AM   #490
WunderbarBimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
Quote:
Well, this was somewhat disappointing. After seeing my X7 was dispatched yesterday, I logged in to check tracking this afternoon and it said it was at the dealership! As you can imagine, I was ecstatic. Well, that was until I texted my sales guy and he said that he didn't have it. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes, I did.

Took an additional 2-3 days before it actually came in. The dealerships don't like this wrong info, either, because the customers get disappointed. This happens all the time.
Thanks for confirming. I didn't realize this happened on yours too. I suppose I shouldn't be too disappointed considering it was ordered only three weeks ago. But the wait is still killing me!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 12:11 PM   #491
unotaz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 M50i

Here is my wife's X7 M50i, a few weeks after delivery. Her car is always parked out in the driveway, as my garages are full with my other toys.

1000 miles in, we are happy with this as our new family van. Fit and finish is pretty good, except one of the B&W tweeter grill in the headliner was installed off-centered. The parking sensor also doesn't activate at low speed, even though I had the feature turned on in iDrive.

Wireless carplay has worked like a charm without issue, except a few times where my phone was connected to another wifi network (eg. Spectrum free wifi) and I had to manually reconnect the phone in the iDrive phone setting screen.

I find the iDrive system to be unnecessary complicated and I had to program some of the features I wanted to use on the number buttons. I don't know why tire pressure monitor system needs to be hidden in the car setting where on other manufacturers it's easily available on the dash?

The B&W speaker system is vastly better than the standard HK system on the M50i, but compared to the other sound systems in my other cars (eg. JBL in my Lusso, Burmesters in my various Porsches), it's mediocre at best. Is it worth the $3400 upgrade? I think so simply because the speakers lights up and looks so cool at night time!
Attached Images

Last edited by unotaz; 02-20-2020 at 05:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 12:54 PM   #492
seamusad
Rep
Drives: bmw x7

I owe you all an apology. I found this site and, as I priced out and negotiated builds, I laughed at how obsessively you all seemed to follow the production of your vehicles. Well, less than a week in and I have proven to be a hypocrite; I check no less than 4-5x/day. It is a strange compulsion given that I know I won't see this car before late March, early April. Although pointless, it is somehow fun to obsessively check. Childish too but fun.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 01:23 PM   #493
WunderbarBimmer
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for confirming. I didn't realize this happened on yours too. I suppose I shouldn't be too disappointed considering it was ordered only three weeks ago. But the wait is still killing me!!!
Good news! I just got the call that it's at the dealer! Picking up tomorrow. It's going to be a great weekend!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 01:30 PM   #494
WunderbarBimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonboz View Post
I'm pretty pumped. Can't wait to see TB II with the black shadowline. Should be pretty awesome.

I am taking my detailer with me, as I always do on car delivery. He points out anything and they cut him a check
That sounds beautiful! Definitely post a pic when it arrives. Also, that's a great idea to take your detailer with you. Noted!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 01:31 PM   #495
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Good news! I just got the call that it's at the dealer! Picking up tomorrow. It's going to be a great weekend!
Congrats! You will LOVE it!

It took me a week now to basically set everything up and I'm pretty sure there are many features I haven't even touched yet...
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 02:37 PM   #496
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
Quote:
Congrats! You will LOVE it!

It took me a week now to basically set everything up and I'm pretty sure there are many features I haven't even touched yet...
Hey 760, I've been waiting for your review.

The car is pretty awesome. I'm two weeks in and still finding/looking for things! Apple car play is driving me nuts. The map doesn't fully load and making and ending calls is a bit of a pain but I'm sure it's just me.

Mine has forgotten me a few times. Thought I was the guest driver and I had to search out the settings to let it (and the seats and steering wheel) know it was me.

Here's a funny observation, with us both coming from Q7's, did you get the muscle memory blues? The window buttons are about an inch higher. I've been rolling down the back windows when I mean to roll down the front! 😂

The clock on the screen is in the top corner but I keep looking at the bottom first. Same with the speedo screen, clock is on the other side. At least it's not next to the temperature in the same font...
Received on 12/28/2023: 2024 X7 XDrive 40i Obsidian Black, Coffee Vernasca Leather, M SPORT, EXECUTIVE, DYNAMIC, ASSISTANCE PRO PKG, LUX SEATING, COLD WEATHER, PARK ASSIST, Ambient Air, Shadowline Trim,
Harman Kardon, Trailer Hitch.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 10:08 PM   #497
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That sounds beautiful! Definitely post a pic when it arrives. Also, that's a great idea to take your detailer with you. Noted!
Will definitely get pics posted!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 10:09 PM   #498
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unotaz View Post
Here is my wife's X7 M50i, a few weeks after delivery. Her car is always parked out in the driveway, as my garages are full with my other toys.

1000 miles in, we are happy with this as our new family van. Fit and finish is pretty good, except one of the B&W tweeter grill in the headliner was installed off-centered. The parking sensor also doesn't activate at low speed, even though I had the feature turned on in iDrive.

Wireless carplay has worked like a charm without issue, except a few times where my phone was connected to another wifi network (eg. Spectrum free wifi) and I had to manually reconnect the phone in the iDrive phone setting screen.

I find the iDrive system to be unnecessary complicated and I had to program some of the features I wanted to use on the number buttons. I don't know why tire pressure monitor system needs to be hidden in the car setting where on other manufacturers it's easily available on the dash?

The B&W speaker system is vastly better than the standard HK system on the M50i, but compared to the other sound systems in my other cars (eg. JBL in my Lusso, Burmesters in my various Porsches), it's mediocre at best. Is it worth the $3400 upgrade? I think so simply because the speakers lights up and looks so cool at night time!

Beautiful!

I actually think the BW is about the same as my Cayenne Burmester and I thought the Meridian was too much bass and not a lot of clarity. Probably just user dependent.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 11:41 AM   #499
unotaz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 M50i

I never had the Burmester on the Cayenne, but I was comparing it to the Burmester on my Panamera Turbo S e-Hybrid and my 918 Spyder. Both of which have a much clearer sound compared to the BW in the X7.

The best sound system that I have experienced (and this was a total surprise to me as well) is the JBL in my GTC4 Lusso. It beats the Naim system in the Bentley and the Meridien in the Range Rover. Never in a million would I have thought a sound system in a Ferrari could ever trump the sound system in the Bentley

Typically, Ferrari stereos sounds like a mouse trying to sing to you

Quote:
Beautiful!

I actually think the BW is about the same as my Cayenne Burmester and I thought the Meridian was too much bass and not a lot of clarity. Probably just user dependent.
      02-21-2020, 02:10 PM   #500
Wanderer73
Major
Rep

Curious how accurate your estimated production end date was for people who have received their cars? Talked to BMW today and they're estimating 3/2 (my production week is 10).
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 08:07 PM   #501
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unotaz View Post
I never had the Burmester on the Cayenne, but I was comparing it to the Burmester on my Panamera Turbo S e-Hybrid and my 918 Spyder. Both of which have a much clearer sound compared to the BW in the X7.

The best sound system that I have experienced (and this was a total surprise to me as well) is the JBL in my GTC4 Lusso. It beats the Naim system in the Bentley and the Meridien in the Range Rover. Never in a million would I have thought a sound system in a Ferrari could ever trump the sound system in the Bentley

Typically, Ferrari stereos sounds like a mouse trying to sing to you
Yeah I was really impressed with the Burmeister in the Mrs Cayenne, was super clear and not to much on the bass. I don’t know depending on the kind of music the BW seems to hit the nice clarity notes but I’ve had way worse. I’d love to hear that JBL system it sounds awesome!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 09:37 PM   #502
WunderbarBimmer
Rep

Quote:
Curious how accurate your estimated production end date was for people who have received their cars? Talked to BMW today and they're estimating 3/2 (my production week is 10).
Mine was spot on. In fact, I checked with BMW NA as that date got closer and they moved it up three days sooner about a week prior to the production completion date. That ultimately ended up being the day it finished. Today, my wife and I took delivery and couldn't be happier! From order date to delivery at my dealer was exactly three weeks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
760Lifan450.50
Wild Blue3676.50
      02-22-2020, 01:07 AM   #503
Wanderer73
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Mine was spot on. In fact, I checked with BMW NA as that date got closer and they moved it up three days sooner about a week prior to the production completion date. That ultimately ended up being the day it finished. Today, my wife and I took delivery and couldn't be happier! From order date to delivery at my dealer was exactly three weeks.
Thanks! Lovely looking car. Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 10:10 AM   #504
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Just wanted to pop in here and say I've joined the waiting club.
Placed order last night for a 40i. Dealer says roughly 6 weeks to delivery.

I cancelled two GLS orders after numerous delays and horrible service from two dealers and MBUSA.

Hopefully BMW will not do the same. Based on previous experience with wife's X3 order, 6 weeks sounds about right.
Attached Images

Last edited by thenew3; 02-26-2020 at 06:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 10:30 PM   #505
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Must be some delay at the factory mine has been awaiting transport for sometime and I’m not far. Dealership was expecting it on Friday and not a peep from BMW. They are calling tomorrow to see what’s up.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 09:59 AM   #506
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Must be some delay at the factory mine has been awaiting transport for sometime and I’m not far. Dealership was expecting it on Friday and not a peep from BMW. They are calling tomorrow to see what’s up.
X7 came in last night. Looking to pick up this evening or first thing tomorrow.
Appreciate 0