BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Scored a set of factory snow wheels/tires

02-09-2021, 05:42 PM   #1
Xlittlejohnx
Private
Rep
Drives: 1602 E39 M5 X7 M50i 128i

Scored a set of factory snow wheels/tires

My local dealer said these were sold out, but ECS Tuning was able to find me a set. Unfortunately, one tire came mounted backwards. Hopefully the dealer won't gouge me for the cost of fixing it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      02-09-2021, 06:50 PM   #2
jonatious
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Are they 21 inch wheels? How much did it cost you? I read on another thread that you are not supposed to put chains on 21 inch wheels. Do you know anything about it?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 06:28 AM   #3
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Congrats, man. I have a dealer that is supposedly ordering a set of those from Germany, to be here in a couple weeks.

jonatious, they're there:
https://www.shopbmwusa.com/product/8...YLE-752,-BLACK
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2021, 10:00 AM   #4
jonatious
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Congrats, man. I have a dealer that is supposedly ordering a set of those from Germany, to be here in a couple weeks.

Why do they not clearly mention the wheel size or tire brand and model on the product?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 10:37 AM   #5
Xlittlejohnx
Private
Rep
Drives: 1602 E39 M5 X7 M50i 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonatious View Post
Quote:

Why do they not clearly mention the wheel size or tire brand and model on the product?
Not sure why they don't mention specifics. They're 21" with Blizzaks. I was able to get them for $3800 shipped to my door from ECS Tuning. Local dealer said they were sold out for the season and didn't offer the option of getting them from Germany. I was also told not to use chains. They should sell these in 20" if you can't use chains.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 01:13 PM   #6
jonatious
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlittlejohnx View Post
Not sure why they don't mention specifics. They're 21" with Blizzaks. I was able to get them for $3800 shipped to my door from ECS Tuning. Local dealer said they were sold out for the season and didn't offer the option of getting them from Germany. I was also told not to use chains. They should sell these in 20" if you can't use chains.
I dont understand why to not use chains. In PNW, there are some places where chains are required during worst case. Not mounting properly is a different story.

Also having the same size wheels and tires is the only way, I can swap the tires in and out myself without caring about any odometer and other adjustments right? Or there is a simple way to change the tire size and settings after swap in the car, after any size tire swap?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 02:51 PM   #7
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

jonatious, you may want to call BMW and ask specifically about snow tire information. The link I sent does show wheel and tire sizes, just not tire brand.

On that same site, if you search for snow chains, it brings up multiple products. Clicking on one of them requires putting in my specific vehicle, which narrowed it down to this product.
https://www.shopbmwusa.com/product/8...RT-SNOW-CHAINS

That description says it fits 275/45R20, which probably would fit the X7.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 03:32 PM   #8
jonatious
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
jonatious, you may want to call BMW and ask specifically about snow tire information. The link I sent does show wheel and tire sizes, just not tire brand.

On that same site, if you search for snow chains, it brings up multiple products. Clicking on one of them requires putting in my specific vehicle, which narrowed it down to this product.
https://www.shopbmwusa.com/product/8...RT-SNOW-CHAINS

That description says it fits 275/45R20, which probably would fit the X7.
yeah I am trying to understand why 21” wheels are not supposed to have snow chains on. It is not like the 21” wheels use a next gen technology or something.

Also I would rather get solid Konig chains than those BMW chains for $600 and still save a couple hundred dollars 😅
Appreciate 0