F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F34/2014: Coding Auto PDC
proTUNING Freaks

08-31-2018, 07:54 AM   #1
try2fall
Registered
Rep
Drives: F34 GT - 2014

F34/2014: Coding Auto PDC

Hey guys,
my name is martin and i´m from germany. I bought a couple weeks ago a F34 BMW with PDC (front/rear) on board. I tried coding the function auto pdc but unsuccessful.
i changed parameters in the HU_NBT (Prof) and REM. Could someone please tell me what i have to change that the pdc will start automatically when the car is rolling backwards?
Farther it would be nice when the front pdc will start also autmatically when a obstacle is close.

Thanks and sorry for my rough language skills.
kindly
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 08:22 AM   #2
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by try2fall View Post
Hey guys,
my name is martin and i´m from germany. I bought a couple weeks ago a F34 BMW with PDC (front/rear) on board. I tried coding the function auto pdc but unsuccessful.
i changed parameters in the HU_NBT (Prof) and REM. Could someone please tell me what i have to change that the pdc will start automatically when the car is rolling backwards?
Farther it would be nice when the front pdc will start also autmatically when a obstacle is close.

kindly
If im right this option is only available when you have parkassist. Otherwise its not available
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 09:28 AM   #3
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by try2fall View Post
Hey guys,

kindly
Haben dir die Antworten bei Motor-Talk nicht gefallen?

Did you not like the answers at Motor-Talk.de?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 10:52 AM   #4
Sanelko
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 Jet Black 328i

Just having a PMA module is not enough. What you need for auto PDC is 6, vs the 4 you get in the pre-LCI f30s, rear PDC sensors. On top of adding these two sensors, then you will need the LCI PMA module, which part #s you can look up on realoem. Finally, you would need to code the following on the HU:

MACRO_PMA_EINPARKEN > gen2_ohne_konf
PDC_FLANKENSCHUTZ > aktiv
AUTO_PDC > aktiv
COMMUNICATION_PARKMASTER > gen2
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 06:37 PM   #5
Pedrom92
Rep
Drives: Bmw e91

Hi, I made PMA2 retrofit on my bmw f31 with 2 PMA sensors on the front and 2 PDC on the back, this is all working but I was wondering if it is possible to activate the Active_pdc and side PDC. Side PDC appears on NBT but does not work. Its possible Coding for activate?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 09:14 AM   #6
Donny85
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 435d

Hi,

So I had an accident in my LCI F32 and have replaced it with a pre-LCI model. I didn’t realise that the front parking sensors would not activate automatically, so want to add this feature.

The car has park assist, 6 sensors on the front and 4 on the back. Just to confirm, I need to add 2 additional sensors, upgrade the PMA module to an LCI one and code?

Does the PMA module need virginising and coding to my VIN? Also, how easy is it to add the 2 additional sensors?!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 09:53 AM   #7
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

I can't say if you can do this. But the reason why front PDC doesn't activate automatically is so it won't do so every time you approach a car in front of you at a stop signal or sign. When I need to use mine while parking and don't want to put the car in reverse I turn it on with the console button.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 02:41 PM   #8
Donny85
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
I can't say if you can do this. But the reason why front PDC doesn't activate automatically is so it won't do so every time you approach a car in front of you at a stop signal or sign. When I need to use mine while parking and don't want to put the car in reverse I turn it on with the console button.
It’s strange though… surely auto activating PDC should be standard!? It was on my old F32 and rarely came on in standing traffic (I always leave enough distance in front of me to be able to pull out if needed though!).

My old car did have active cruise control (my new one doesn’t) so wondered if that had something to do with it?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 08:04 PM   #9
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny85 View Post
It’s strange though… surely auto activating PDC should be standard!? It was on my old F32 and rarely came on in standing traffic (I always leave enough distance in front of me to be able to pull out if needed though!).

My old car did have active cruise control (my new one doesn’t) so wondered if that had something to do with it?
Auto PDC is only available if you have LCI parking assistance. Active cruise control is irrelevant. See previous posts in this thread for context.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 05:18 PM   #10
Donny85
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks Eff,

So my old car was pre-lci pm it manufactured a few months before the lci update… it had NBT evo idrive and it would appear lci parking features!

I’ll be honest, I don’t want the ability for the car to parallel park itself. All I want is for the front sensors to turn on automatically as I approach something.

As a previous poster has said, real first world problem this!
Appreciate 0