F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Dinan Springs.WOW!
Extreme Powerhouse

02-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #67
Chico
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Car looks great BimmerFan. I'm with you about the 1/4" difference...that would drive me insane. ...not to mention the off centered wheel...OMG. I just have a problem with imperfections especially when it's about my car. Enjoy it.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #68
FeckinSpaceman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22' M240i

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
[QUOTE=BimmerFan;15519095 He said centering the steering is no big deal and a slight oversight by the tech. The poor guy was focusing so much in getting the numbers correct because of such a fuss I made, he overlooked where the steering was pointed

Vic[/QUOTE]

Look on the bright side....an off center steering wheel is perfect for on center "Gangsta Lean" while driving

[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 09:09 AM   #69
MicrophoneMic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 N55

Has your car settled any since installing these springs about a month ago>

Do you have any pics of the car now?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #70
FeckinSpaceman
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
So I just got my Dinan springs installed yesterday, I will do a more complete write up later this week when I have some time but wanted to provide some quick feedback.

13' M Sport, DHP, Dinan Springs =

Very pleased thus far!

Looks great, lowering is perfect, took out the wheel gap, no issues with speed bumps yet.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Handling is improved, I definitely feel the additional stiffness, less bounce than stock but not nearly as harsh as coilovers, turning is great, no body roll.

Overall the ride is really nice i have 0 complaints and feel it was a nice pairing with my DHP and certainly a sportier improvement .
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #71
NateDog07V
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15' M235i BSM Auto

Looks perfect! any improvement on the stock 'crashy' feeling the front suspension exudes when going over small bumps in the corners (not even driving hard) with the Dinan springs? it's hard to describe but the stock m sport with DHP just feels a bit cheap up front when cornering and hitting minor road bumps.. or like the compression of the shock and the accompanying suspension components is a bit loose, causing the front end to feel a bit spastic and unnerving.... wondering if you think this is improved with the Dinan springs on DHP
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 11:09 AM   #72
FeckinSpaceman
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDog07V View Post
Looks perfect! any improvement on the stock 'crashy' feeling the front suspension exudes when going over small bumps in the corners (not even driving hard) with the Dinan springs? it's hard to describe but the stock m sport with DHP just feels a bit cheap up front when cornering and hitting minor road bumps.. or like the compression of the shock and the accompanying suspension components is a bit loose, causing the front end to feel a bit spastic and unnerving.... wondering if you think this is improved with the Dinan springs on DHP
Granted I have only had them on for less than 24 hours but I do feel that cornering overall has improved. I have a little area with some nice turns by my house that i hit last night and was impressed. I feel like the shock rebound has improved in combination with the spring....no so bouncy. Just does what it should....if that makes sense?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 11:21 AM   #73
NateDog07V
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15' M235i BSM Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeckinSpaceman View Post
Granted I have only had them on for less than 24 hours but I do feel that cornering overall has improved. I have a little area with some nice turns by my house that i hit last night and was impressed. I feel like the shock rebound has improved in combination with the spring....no so bouncy. Just does what it should....if that makes sense?
Yea makes sense.. it's always hard to describe suspension 'feel' as there's no replacement for actually driving it in person, but I'm just looking for some improvement in 'solidness' of the suspension really... it's like when you drive a rental car and you go over crappy pavement and it feels like there's no weight over the front suspension and the wheels are just getting bounced around and it seems like it's hurting the car as the suspension is made of crap materials.... the opposite would be driving a high end car and hitting those same bumps which you still feel but the car doesn't get unsettled and it feels like theres a lot of weight over the front and everything is firm and confidence inspiring and like the materials are made of iron and are unbreakable..... I know that's a very weird description but I'm looking for more of the latter as opposed to the former
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 12:36 PM   #74
snelldogg
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: New to the stable. G87 BG, 6MT

Quote:
So I just got my Dinan springs installed yesterday, I will do a more complete write up later this week when I have some time but wanted to provide some quick feedback.

13' M Sport, DHP, Dinan Springs =

Very pleased thus far!

Looks great, lowering is perfect, took out the wheel gap, no issues with speed bumps yet.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Handling is improved, I definitely feel the additional stiffness, less bounce than stock but not nearly as harsh as coilovers, turning is great, no body roll.

Overall the ride is really nice i have 0 complaints and feel it was a nice pairing with my DHP and certainly a sportier improvement .
Looks great and am contemplating the same. Do you notice any issues with the front being lowered. My driveway is a pretty good hill so i am concerned that when i enter/exit the front of my Msport (dhp also) will rub.

How do you suggest i get a handle on this before buying?

thanks!

2023 G87 BG, 6MT, Bi Color, Red Calipers
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 01:02 PM   #75
FeckinSpaceman
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDog07V View Post
Yea makes sense.. it's always hard to describe suspension 'feel' as there's no replacement for actually driving it in person, but I'm just looking for some improvement in 'solidness' of the suspension really... it's like when you drive a rental car and you go over crappy pavement and it feels like there's no weight over the front suspension and the wheels are just getting bounced around and it seems like it's hurting the car as the suspension is made of crap materials.... the opposite would be driving a high end car and hitting those same bumps which you still feel but the car doesn't get unsettled and it feels like theres a lot of weight over the front and everything is firm and confidence inspiring and like the materials are made of iron and are unbreakable..... I know that's a very weird description but I'm looking for more of the latter as opposed to the former
I know what you are describing and the better version is what I feel....the car just feels more grounded than before. Again on a short time to feel difference...... when I hit road dips and bumps I don't feel that floaty feeling I used to....it is just solid. I honestly didn't think I would notice a difference in driving but I do.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 01:06 PM   #76
FeckinSpaceman
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snelldogg View Post
Looks great and am contemplating the same. Do you notice any issues with the front being lowered. My driveway is a pretty good hill so i am concerned that when i enter/exit the front of my Msport (dhp also) will rub.

How do you suggest i get a handle on this before buying?

thanks!
Thanks! I haven't noticed anything significant yet....but barely even 24 hours. Speed bumps are good so far, no scraping on my driveway either but a low grade. You notice I am staying far away from parking blocks though....it will definitely hit the bumper.

I am more concerned about rubbing when I get my new wheels and tires installed though...... hopefully this weekend or early next week.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 04:31 PM   #77
BimmerFan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicrophoneMic View Post
Has your car settled any since installing these springs about a month ago>

Do you have any pics of the car now?
Not as much since my last picture at the alignment shop. The quarter of an inch difference on the rear driver side shock is gone. The ride height is now uniform across all four. I am still not happy with the wheel alignment though. It seems with the steering wheel dead center, the car pulls right. Driving me nuts. I read some where that the tie rods may need to be slightly adjusted because the alignment spec sheet is dead on point. Funny because my wife's 2013 Audi Q5 does the exact same thing. I am loosing it

Hey Spaceman, did you notice any difference in how your car steers as far as pulling after the installation? I am sure the car now is more responsive with slight steering inputs right? Did you have an alignment done? With your steering wheel dead center, does your car slightly drift/coast either left or right? Thanks.

Vic
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 07:01 PM   #78
FeckinSpaceman
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFan View Post

Hey Spaceman, did you notice any difference in how your car steers as far as pulling after the installation? I am sure the car now is more responsive with slight steering inputs right? Did you have an alignment done? With your steering wheel dead center, does your car slightly drift/coast either left or right? Thanks.

Vic
No, I am perfectly aligned....no pulling what so ever. Steering wheel is dead on too. I didn't ask for alignment because I have new wheels due in this weekend and was going to wait until the springs settle and the wheels are on. But my mechanic that did the install may have because they are pretty perfect. He does good work.

He also did coilovers on my previous car and when I took it to the dealership for alignment they barely had to touch it because it was really straight.

Previous
2019 540, 2018 M3 CS, 2015 M3, 2011 550i, 2013 335i
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #79
BimmerFan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Quote:
No, I am perfectly aligned....no pulling what so ever. Steering wheel is dead on too. I didn't ask for alignment because I have new wheels due in this weekend and was going to wait until the springs settle and the wheels are on. But my mechanic that did the install may have because they are pretty perfect. He does good work.

He also did coilovers on my previous car and when I took it to the dealership for alignment they barely had to touch it because it was really straight.
Thanks. Guess it's time to find another shop.

Vic
Appreciate 0